Ok so got home tonight and plugged in my phone to charge getting ready for bed. Phone rings, I hit answer key and put it on speaker while I walk around the room. Anyways after about 20 seconds I realize I hear nothing now, so I walk over and pick up my phone and my sister is still talking but it's now on only the headset. I hit speaker again and walk away, again it does it, but this time after I wait and about 10 seconds later it goes back to speaker. So I go sit down while it's still plugged in and hit headset, lol now after about a minute my phone goes to speaker! So I hit headset, than it goes back to speaker and than right back to headset, it kept alternating til I just unplugged it. It was about to die it's why I kept it plugged in anyways...

Just curious if this is a known issue? and if it's happened on other OS's? And/or if it's just caused by the charger. K thanks, I hope it's never an issue again.
    06-06-09 04:41 AM
    Yeah we've talked about it in another thread before. Yours sounds pretty bad but mine will also switch to speaker while charging. May have to do with turning the phone sideways. This stuff annoys me and should be fixed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 08:35 AM
    I hit speaker during a call and cannot get the volume high enough to hear withot being very close to the phone. I use the side volume key to get the on-screen volume indicator to max but still not adequate. Is this related to the discussion in this thread?
    06-06-09 08:45 AM
    It's by design. The idea is that you can't hold the phone up to your ear when on charge.

I've had a number of phones that do that.
    06-06-09 09:28 AM
    It's by design. The idea is that you can't hold the phone up to your ear when on charge.

I've had a number of phones that do that.
    I use the BB cradle to charge my phone. When using the phone it is like having a desktop speakerphone. Everything is oriented correctly and looks very professional while the phone call is taking place. If I switch to a BT headset it makes the switch just fine. I think that this phone was designed to be charged in a cradle.
    06-06-09 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD