Sometimes ringtones work and sometimes they don't. Sometimes My alerts give wrong sounds,,,,,can't figure it out. Anyone else

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 05:02 PM
    I use the Normal setting and also a "Low" I created. No problems with either one.
    01-13-09 01:05 AM
    I've setup some custom profiles.. and found you have to be careful how
    you change your sounds. If you go to sounds and set ringtones / alerts it changes the default ones.. not the custom one active. so ensure you are
    changing the correct profile. I still haven't sorted it out, there's some bugs
    but my custom profile works ok.. I use the default Silent/Vib/Phone only
    to switch to less intrusive ones in meetings etc...

Update: I just tried something here, I was cables in to charge via usb and
    called my cell/storm... it showed the call but didn't ring hmm and the profile
    was what worked last night.. definatly something going on there tbd
    01-13-09 05:51 AM
    Mine does the same thing with not ringing when usb in computer. I have mass storage enabled so that may be the issue as I have not tried with it off.

01-13-09 05:55 AM
    The reason that it does not ring is because when you have it plugged in, then the computer has access to the ringtones and your phone looses them. This has to do with the mass storage being turned on.

Another thing to check for the original post. Sometimes on my phone I will get an email and a sms at the same time and it only rings the email ringtone. I don't know if this is intentional but it is annoying because I don't worry about answering emails as quickly as I do sms.
    01-13-09 06:01 AM
    Think I figured it out. If I r using storm ie on browser. And a text comes in it will give a different alert sound

01-13-09 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD