What would be the point is you could only enter one code per day??? They want you to visit as many of these sites as possible because the sites are hoping you buy stuff from them. It is kind of advertising for VZW and the 45 sites. JamesJ, you make very good points. I think we would all agree that they could have been a little more clear with the rules.
    If you look at the prizes, the pair of tickets prizes requires at least 10 entires and there are ten days in the contest, so that would make the only 1 per day still apply, but it also is worded to leave open the possibility of 10 in one day.

I am interpreting the rules as 1 code per location per day for a max of 45 entries per day. If I am wrong and get disqualified, I'll just have to buy it like I was going to have to buy it any ways.

If someone has more clarity, please enlighten us.
    11-06-08 01:28 PM
    i only have 14
    11-06-08 01:28 PM
    just used bean to enter online with my wife's info
    11-06-08 01:30 PM
    I believe you are correct. Its like this....

You go to a spot, type the keyword "PLUM", and then get a text back saying you're entered. Now, you CANNOT text "PLUM" again!!! Only ONE entry a Day (for PLUM). You then move on to the next spot, locate the keyword "MEMES" and text it in, and get a text back saying you're entered.

Think of it this way. Lets say VZW has a big hat and you walk up to the big hat with a keyword "SMILE" card with your name written on the back of it and drop it in. What its saying is, you cannot drop another "SMILE" card into the hat. You only can enter "SMILE" once. Now, you will increase your chances of winning if you drop 45 "different" cards into the hat. Because when VZW reaches their big hand into the hat for each days drawing, you would have 45 cards rolling around in the hat, as apposed to someone that might have just 2. hence, increasing your odds.
    11-06-08 01:40 PM
    From the Hunt page under "HUNT"

"You can Enter Once per day, from each location"
    11-06-08 01:45 PM
    FWIW - UES does not enter you in the contest, I get a message back saying "Thx for joining the STORM HUNT! Find the nearest STORM Phone @ ..."

All the others the return text says "Thx ur entered 2 win a free STORM!"
    11-06-08 01:48 PM
    What would be the point is you could only enter one code per day??? They want you to visit as many of these sites as possible because the sites are hoping you buy stuff from them. It is kind of advertising for VZW and the 45 sites. JamesJ, you make very good points. I think we would all agree that they could have been a little more clear with the rules.
    If you look at the prizes, the pair of tickets prizes requires at least 10 entires and there are ten days in the contest, so that would make the only 1 per day still apply, but it also is worded to leave open the possibility of 10 in one day.

I am interpreting the rules as 1 code per location per day for a max of 45 entries per day. If I am wrong and get disqualified, I'll just have to buy it like I was going to have to buy it any ways.

If someone has more clarity, please enlighten us.
    Yes, you're right. The rules state "...Further, the first twenty (20) participants who enter at least ten (10) different keywords obtained from a VZW Kiosk, regardless of method of entry, during the Sweepstakes Period will receive.....

This supports both of our interpretations. "At least ten (10) different keywords..." Is it just poorly written and contradictory to the "Limit one per day" section? Having "at least 10" means you could have more than ten.

If it's truly limit of one per day, then that rule should read, "Further, the first twenty (20) participants who enter at ten (10) different keywords (one unique keyword each day) obtained from a VZW Kiosk, regardless of method of entry, during the Sweepstakes Period will receive,..." Which would mean you must use a different word for each of the contest days ("day" being defined elsewhere in the rules).

Shesh! LOL
    I'm sure they'll use attorneys or a judging organization to determine the rules. Perhaps they should have used one to write them instead of someone working at one of the VZW Kiosks? LOL

I'm going with my gut and doing 1 unique keyword each day of the contest. I think at least that way we both agree I wouldn't be disqualified. Like you, I'm gonna buy it regardless if I don't win it. I don't care what any other page of the VZW Storm section says. I only care what the "official rules" (aka Fine Print) says. When you enter on-line it has a place saying you read and agree to them, and I can't get past the limit section. It doesn't say "one unique code per day", or "one of each of the code words per day", or anything like that. I think we all agree a "keyword" is an entry no matter how it's submitted (online or TXT). And the rule says "one (1) entry".

Limit one (1) entry per person, per mobile telephone number (“MTN”) and email address per day, regardless of method of entry, and regardless of whether more than one person shares a MTN or e-mail address. Persons are prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes with multiple email addresses and/or MTNs.
    Again, best of luck to everyone, and since I haven't said so already... thanks for those of you who are sharing known codes!
    Storm on Crackberries!
    Last edited by JamesJ; 11-06-08 at 02:00 PM.
    11-06-08 01:53 PM
    Up to 20...
    11-06-08 01:55 PM
    Do you guys not have jobs to be doing this hunt already??
    I was thinking after I get off work, I'de go around hunting. Or maybe use a vacation day. LOL
    11-06-08 01:58 PM
    well im in college...not in ny, but i am already done with classes for the week. So i have some spare time on my hands.
    11-06-08 02:01 PM
    Here is what I beleive is the correct info.-

Go to the Storm Page>NYC Strom Hunt>the Hunt

Reads Verbatim:

"The More Phones You Find, The more chances you have to win"

"You can Enter Once per day, from each location"

"The more location codes you submit, the better your chances"

Why don't you guys pony up some codes for the correct info?
    11-06-08 02:02 PM
    I just want to say thank u guys for this. Since I am not in nyc, this is the next best thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 02:13 PM
    Ok so i have found a ton of codes that give the "Thx ur entered to win the storm.."

I just found a code and got the following response "Thanks, this is the STORM HUNT code. U will no longer recieve msgs from this code unless you text us again"

could it be one of the 5 for today, has anyone gotten that response yet?
    11-06-08 02:18 PM
    lol idk i havent got that one yet. i dont think it is one of the 5 but that would be sweet if it was
    11-06-08 02:20 PM
    add britches to the list.
    11-06-08 02:23 PM
    "UWS" and "Soho" worked for me
    11-06-08 02:28 PM
    britches does not work...
    11-06-08 02:28 PM
    britches gave me a clue for Riflessi on 48 W 57th St.
    11-06-08 02:32 PM
    Still looking for key words from Brooklyn Industries, Riflessi and Mireille Gallery. Anyone??
    11-06-08 02:34 PM
    i havent been able to figure those out yet. im at 24 now. britches didnt do anything for me
    11-06-08 02:37 PM
    My list is all messed up now. I think I have 21, but my list includes good and bad. Tomorrow I will have to be a little more organized.
    11-06-08 02:39 PM
    lol i didnt bother writing down the ones that didnt work for me.
    11-06-08 02:41 PM
    1 Are you in the right borough?
    2 The ships don't dock in the north, east, or west
    3 The best coffee on the block
    4 Rhymes with cinderella
    5 These pretty fruits make perfect tarts.
    6 Meme's the word at this hip boutique
    7 It's a whole new game now
    8 You-me-kim. Trust us
    9 Who knew this creamy treat was a city staple
    10 Pleather just isn't the same.
    11 Fresh squeezed fine art.
    12 A vegetarian alternative to a burger
    13 Transportation hubs have all the power
    14 To behave in a self-important manner means you're too big for your…
    15 Italian-made menswear makes every man look fine
    16 If you're lost in the lights and craze, stop here for help
    17 Pass the salt, please.
    18 Looking for a Havana night?
    19 Are you going the right way?
    20 Do I look too Manhattan to you?
    21 Where the west side girls shop for gowns
    22 Does this really trump the rest?
    23 You might just find your parent's music
    24 How long can you sit lotus style?
    25 Sneakerheads rejoice
    26 Like a pirate's swag, this store sparkles
    27 Fashion's really just a merry-go-round
    28 Well he sure is nice to look at
    29 Where art thou?
    30 Oh, this place has mega frames.
    31 This assembly line is sweet.
    32 Think Italian stallion
    33 When you're not quite on Broadway, but you could be soon
    34 Look for the boutique with the best deals on the block.
    35 You deserve frosting.
    36 The name sounds Southern, but the jewelry's fit for an uptown girl.
    37 There's definitely no western gear sold here.
    38 A smile never goes out of style
    39 Excuse me, is that made in Park Slope?
    40 An exotic spot to stop for a shot of Sake afterwork.
    41 What do coffee, limas, and lentils have in common?
    42 What does a STORM sound like?
    43 Do the hustle to this hot spot
    44 Seriously, it's out of this world
    45 Think global, buy local.

Hope this helps... Sorry. No codes. I think I have like 3??? Eh.
    11-06-08 03:07 PM
    when i enter keywords in online it says "Thank You e-mail sign up confirmation Thank you for signing up for Verizon Wireless email updates featuring our latest offers, products and services"

it says nothing about being entered into the contest for a free storm...
    11-06-08 03:11 PM
    I believe this is your confirmation because it will not give you this if you don't enter the correct key word or you enter a duplicate.
    11-06-08 03:13 PM
400 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD