11-22-08 01:26 PM
400 ... 141516
tools
    the people in the beginning did complain quite a bit, but the ones that did complain said at least wait till the contest is close to over, which seems to have happened. It had gone quite a bit with no new comments on what the clues were. but now over the last day or so the balance of the clues came in.
    11-14-08 03:56 PM
    I guess some of us just like to spread the wealth, whether we win or lose. It's not just for NY'ers, don't know where that one came in. But I plan on buying one since my luck stinks at winning. I don't mind giving someone else a chance to win, and I live in upstate NY, no where near the city. Some people are just sore losers!!!
    11-14-08 04:07 PM
    Number Store Location Keyword

1 Brooklyn Industries 8th Avenue (W 18th, 19th Streets) BKLYN1
    1 Are you in the right borough?

2 Seaport South Street (near Pier 17) SEAPORT
    2 The ships don't dock in the north, east, or west.

3 The Bean Coffee 49 ½ 1st Avenue (near 3rd Street) BEAN
    3 The best coffee on the block.

4 Clarabella 279 E Houston Street (Suffolk, Clinton) BELLA
    4 Rhymes with Cinderella.

5 Plum & Pear 124 Ludlow Street (Rivington, Delancey) PLUM
    5 These pretty fruits make perfect tarts.

6 Memes 3 Great Jones St (Lafayette, Broadway) MEMES
    6 Meme's the word at this hip boutique.

7 New Era 9 E 4th Street (Broadway, Lafayette) ERA
    7 It's a whole new game now.

8 Yumi Kim 105 Stanton Street (Ludlow, Essex) YUMI
    8 You-me-kim. Trust us.

9 Milkshake Company 342 E 47th Street (1st, 2nd Avenues) SHAKE
    9 Who knew this creamy treat was a city staple.

10 Dean Leather 823 3rd Avenue (near E 51st Street) DEAN
    10 Pleather just isn't the same.

11 O.J. Art 920 3rd Avenue (near E 56th Street) OJART
    11 Fresh squeezed fine art.

12 Porta Bella E 42nd St (Vanderbilt, Madison Ave) PORTA
    12 A vegetarian alternative to a burger.

13 Port Authority W 40th Street (near 8th Avenue) AUTH/GRAND
    13 Transportation hubs have all the power.

14 Britches of NY 290 Madison Avenue (E 40th, 41st Streets) SUIT
    14 To behave in a self-important manner means you're too big for your…

15 Riflessi 48 W 57th Street (5th, 6th Avenues) TIE
    15 Italian-made menswear makes every man look fine

16 Times Square 7th Avenue (46th, 47th) TIMES
    16 If you're lost in the lights and craze, stop here for help.

17 Chip & Pepper 250 Mulberry Street (Prince, Spring) CHIP
    17 Pass the salt, please.

18 Cuba Restaurant 224 Thompson St (W 3rd Street, Bleecker) CUBA
    18 Looking for a Havana night?

19 Detour 425 West Broadway (Prince, Spring) DETOUR
    19 Are you going the right way?

20 Brooklyn Industries 284 Lafayette Street (Prince, Houston) BKLYN2
    20 Do I look too Manhattan to you?

21 Chelsea Girl Couture 186 Spring Street (Thompson, Sullivan) CHGIRL
    21 Where the west side girls shop for gowns.

22 Trump Towers 725 5th Avenue (near 56th Street) TRUMP
    22 Does this really trump the rest?

23 Generation Records 210 Thompson Street (Bleecker, W 3rd St) VINYL
    23 You might just find your parent's music.

24 Leekan Design 93 Mercer Street (Spring, Broome) DESIGN
    24 How long can you sit lotus style?

25 Premuim Laces 68 Spring Street (Crosby, Lafayette) KICKS
    25 Sneakerheads rejoice.

26 SoHo Treasures 123 Mercer Street (Prince, Spring) TRSR
    26 Like a pirate's swag, this store sparkles.

27 What Goes Around 351 West Broadway (Broome, Grand) VNTGE
    27 Fashion's really just a merry-go-round.

28 Eye Candy 329 Lafayette Street (near Bleecker) EYES
    28 Well he sure is nice to look at.

29 Mireille Gallery 1304 2nd Avenue (68th, 69th Streets) PAINT
    29 Where art thou?

30 Omega Art Expo 832A Lexington Avenue (63rd, 64th Streets) OMEGA
    30 Oh, this place has mega frames.

31 Corrado Bread Factory 960 Lexington Avenue (near E 70th Street) BREAD
    31 This assembly line is sweet.

32 Madison Avenue (41st, 42nd Streets) SHIRTS
    32 Think Italian stallion.

33 Off Broadway 139 W 72nd Street (Amsterdam, Columbus) OFFBWAY
    33 When you're not quite on Broadway, but you could be soon.

34 Alskling 228 Columbus Avenue (W 70th, 71st St) ALSKG
    34 Look for the boutique with the best deals on the block.

35 Buttercup Bake Shop 141 W 72nd Street (Amsterdam, Columbus) CUPCAKE
    35 You deserve frosting.

36 Two Gals 165 Amsterdam Avenue (W 67th, 68th St) TWOGALS
    36 The name sounds Southern, but the jewelry's fit for an uptown girl.

37 West 147 W 72nd Street (Amsterdam, Columbus) WEST
    37 There's definitely no western gear sold here.

38 Zachary’s Smile 9 Greenwich Ave (Christopher, W 10th) ZACH
    38 A smile never goes out of style.

39 Brooklyn Industries 801 Broadway (W 11th, 12th Streets) BKLYN3
    39 Excuse me, is that made in Park Slope?

40 Aja 432 6th Avenue (W 10th, 11th Streets) AJA
    40 An exotic spot to stop for a shot of Sake afterwork.

41 The Bean Coffee 446 6th Avenue (W 10th, 11th Streets) BEAN1
    41 What do coffee, limas, and lentils have in common?

42 Bleeker Records 239 Bleecker Street (Carmine, Cornelia) SPINS
    42 What does a STORM sound like?

43 Discorama 44 W 8th Street (MacDougal, 6th Avenue) DISCO
    43 Do the hustle to this hot spot.

44 Forbidden Planet 840 Broadway (near E 13th Street) FORBID
    44 Seriously, it's out of this world.

45 Brooklyn Industries 500 Hudson Street (Christopher, W 10th St) BKLYN4
    45 Think global, buy local.
    I have #3 as BEAN1 and #41 as BEAN, the reverse of what you have.

The clue for #3 is "The best coffee on the block" hence bean1 (as in bean is #1).
    The clue for #41 is "What do coffee, limas and lentils have in common?" hence bean.

I didn't visit either location so I can't say for sure.

The location for #32 is Riflessi @ 289 Madison Ave. Their other store #15 had the keyword "tie" so it makes sense that #32 is also a Riflessi store since the keyword is "shirts".
    11-14-08 09:02 PM
    OMFG I want this phone so bad i put in all the keywords, now im literally staring at my phone waiting 4 a call lol
    11-14-08 09:44 PM
    I have #3 as BEAN1 and #41 as BEAN, the reverse of what you have.

The clue for #3 is "The best coffee on the block" hence bean1 (as in bean is #1).
    The clue for #41 is "What do coffee, limas and lentils have in common?" hence bean.

I didn't visit either location so I can't say for sure.
    #3 is bean and #41 bean1, both confirmed at store
    11-15-08 08:37 AM
    hey guys when you txt STOP to them does that take you out of the whole thing or does it enter you with all the keywords?
    11-15-08 08:41 AM
    I'm not sure why people think it's exclusive to NYC residents. The fine print for the sweepstakes clearly states: "Who may participate: *The Verizon Wireless Storm Hunt Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of one of the Fifty United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories)." If they wanted it to be exclusive to NYC residents, then they would've stated that in the rules.
    Wow, it must be something in the water that makes us Buckeyes actually read the rules instead of just making assumptions.

It's a sweepstakes people. Read the fine print.
    11-15-08 09:29 AM
    Last day is today, I text mine at 7 am everyday so far and heard nothing yet. Oh well its worth a shot. Good luck all
    11-15-08 09:49 AM
    I just finished my last set. Win or lose i'm sure glad I don't have to send out 30-45 text messages everday anymore.
    11-15-08 10:09 AM
    Last texts and onlines done. I'm glad to done as well. Now we still have to wait a couple of days to see if we get THE call. Congrats to all who won, and good luck to the rest of us!
    11-15-08 10:39 AM
    Texting is easy. Just resend the days prior text message or type it in again not but a few characters average 5 or so and the phone number is short.
    One field of data to send not 7 fields of data as online.

Doing it online you have to key or cut and past your email address, tab to the code and type the code, tab to your first name, type it in, tab to last name type it in, tab to area code, type it in, tab to first 3 digits of number, type it in, tab to last 4 digits of number, type it in, tab to the check, hit space, tab to SIGN UP, hit ENTER, mouse click a different TAB so you can click on ONLINE ETRY again and start all over. Oh I forgot to fix all the typos all along the way there too. I kept hitting CAPS LOCK instead fo TAB when entering all the field data and it would mess up.

It is way more time consuming then resending the text message again.

But I am not on a "free text plan" and did not want to pay $22.50 a day to send and recieve 90 messages. Time ten days and you just paid more for the Storm then on a 2 year contract.

My son has a unlimited text capability. And I could only get him to enter the codes one day on his phone. He complained that it was too much work. And it was like 1 code to enter versus 7 fields of data to enter online.

I guess they really did not want you doing it online and wanted the revenue from doing text messages so they made it hard? They could have just asked for your phone number and the code online.

But whatever the case, I am real glad it is over. It took like 30 -45 minutes a day to do them all. 10 days. that is a lot of time. 6 to 10 hours or more or entering codes, for a $200 benefit if you win (assuming you were up for a "new every 2" as I am). If not then it is worth it to get the $600 BB.

Not sure if that was worth it. Well I guess you do not have to do a two year activation on a nation wide email plan so that saves you something there. But you still have to have a email plan to use it so in the end you are still paying for it. You are just not locked in for 2 years.

And then added to that I did not win so it was kind of just for fun. But kind of painful at the same time.

Wish everyone that entered all the stuff could win. That would definately make it worth while!

Well I am finally done. I wonder if they will actually still have the page up tomorrow and make us all wonder if we should keep typing the codes???

Since they will propably not do the final calling for Fridays and Saturdays codes until Monday and Tuesday I would guess we may have a couple more days we could type in codes if they do not turn the page off or tag the entries with a date.

I hope they turn the page off.
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 11-15-08 at 12:07 PM.
    11-15-08 12:02 PM
    have you heard of anybody winning thats doing it online vs sending text messages????
    11-15-08 02:43 PM
    I'm gonna safely assume that I did not win the NYC Storm Hunt, texting the codes from my RIZR, BB 8330, and my wife's KRAZR............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .BUT I DID WIN 1 OF 100 BLACKBERRY STORM 9530'S IN THE NYC TOUCH STORM GRAB ON THURSDAY 11/16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-15-08 03:24 PM
    well I didn't win one...but I have mine on hold at the store!!! can't wait for friday!!
    11-15-08 09:17 PM
    I put a deposit on a Storm last Tuesday 11/14 at Best Buy prior to winning one at the NYC Touch Storm Grab on Thursday 11/16.

Best Buy on 5th Avenue and W. 44th Street called me on that Thursday updating me (with information I already knew from these forums)...Best Buy was under the impression the Storm was to be released on Thursday 11/16 even though I knew it was delayed.

BEST BUY SAID THEY WILL NOT HAVE THE STORM UNTIL MONDAY 11/24.
    11-16-08 08:05 AM
    Hey everyone!

I've gotten 2 calls from a 908 number. For those who has won, can you verify if these are one of the numbers that called you. I left out a few digits since I don't know who the phone number belongs to. I can give you the full if you PM me.

908-922-30xx
    908-370-66xx

THANKS!
    The second number called again (after I left a message and called everyday!)
    I won the $100 gift card. Get it in 2 weeks! Couldn't have come in a better time! I was at the Borgata last night and lost bad. Told my boyfriend I would have to put the phone on my Christmas list after I lost.

This will be my very first Blackberry! I'm so excited! Can't wait to join the club!
    11-17-08 03:00 PM
    I was called from the second number.
    11-17-08 09:09 PM
    have you heard of anybody winning thats doing it online vs sending text messages????
    If anyone is still curious about this, I won a $100 gift card only submitting codes online.
    11-19-08 01:06 PM
    I won a $100 gift card too. Is this contest over since the site was up yesterday for entering in codes???
    11-19-08 01:39 PM
    My call was also from the second number, Storm and $50 gift card.
    11-19-08 03:28 PM
    We just got a call that my wife was a 1st place winner $100 verizon card thing.

I told the guy we were hoping for the Storm and he said sorry but this was for the $100.

It is Wednesday 1:25 Pacific time. I guess they are a bit behind doing the call backs.

My wife only entered on about 3 of the days. and only about maybe 100 codes total over the 10 days. I think Friday she entered only about 6 codes.

I had entered about 400 codes over the 10 days. 35-45 every day. I won nothing.

But at least we know that the online entering did count and we won.

I will have to buy my own Storm and use the card to pay my bill instead I guess!

Thanks guys for the help with the codewords.
    11-19-08 03:42 PM
    All my codes were entered online and I won a $100 gift card. Works for me. And it was the second number listed above. 908-370-66**
    11-19-08 05:00 PM
    I just got the call.. I won a $100!
    11-19-08 05:10 PM
    I won the contest for the tickets to the Kiss and Fly club to the World's Sexiest People Party....

its tonight....and unfortunately, 24 hours notice isn't enough time for me to get out of work and have my schedule re-arranged for a 2 hr. party

wish I got 100$ card instead
    11-20-08 09:18 AM
    Anyone get their stuff yet?
    11-22-08 01:26 PM
400 ... 141516
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD