11-22-08 01:26 PM
400 ... 13141516
tools
    OK I went over to Madison between 41st and 42nd street after work at around 6:30pm to look for location #32 "Think Italian stallion". None of the stores over there fit that clue but one was closed and completely covered with a gate so I couldn't even see the store name. I even walked down to the next block (Madison bet 40th & 41st) but there was nothing there except #14 Britches of New York. I also saw #12 Porta Bella on 42nd near the corner of Madison. If anyone knows what the location is for #32, please let me know.

I'm not 100% convinced the address for #32 is correct because they made mistakes with other locations like #45 Brooklyn Industries. It's on the corner of Hudson and Christopher St and it's between Christopher and Grove St, not Christopher and 10th St like the Storm hunt map indicates.
    11-12-08 09:20 PM
    OK I went over to Madison between 41st and 42nd street after work at around 6:30pm to look for location #32 "Think Italian stallion". None of the stores over there fit that clue but one was closed and completely covered with a gate so I couldn't even see the store name. I even walked down to the next block (Madison bet 40th & 41st) but there was nothing there except #14 Britches of New York. I also saw #12 Porta Bella on 42nd near the corner of Madison. If anyone knows what the location is for #32, please let me know.

I'm not 100% convinced the address for #32 is correct because they made mistakes with other locations like #45 Brooklyn Industries. It's on the corner of Hudson and Christopher St and it's between Christopher and Grove St, not Christopher and 10th St like the Storm hunt map indicates.

Sam, the address is incorrect. its actually btwn 40th and 41st on the opposite side of britches (directly across the street). i can't remember the name of the store but it is also a men's clothing store.
    11-12-08 09:22 PM
    Sam, the address is incorrect. its actually btwn 40th and 41st on the opposite side of britches (directly across the street). i can't remember the name of the store but it is also a men's clothing store.
    Geez my speculation was correct and I looked there too but I didn't see anything. Maybe I'll go again tomorrow during my lunch hour and try to figure it out.

Edit - I think I just figured out what location #32 from the Google Maps street view. It's another Riflessi location at 289 Madison Ave between 40th & 41st street across from Britches of New York. Considering that the keyword for the first Riflessi location (#15) was "tie", it would make sense that the other Riflessi location (#32) would have the keyword "shirts". Mady, does that sound correct?
    Last edited by Sam K; 11-12-08 at 10:00 PM.
    11-12-08 09:39 PM
    Geez my speculation was correct and I looked there too but I didn't see anything. Maybe I'll go again tomorrow during my lunch hour and try to figure it out.

If you go back a few pages on this thread a few people (including myself) have posted all the keywords. i think there are a few inconsistencies in the order but the order doesnt really matter in the competition to win the phone.
    good luck!
    11-12-08 09:41 PM

Edit - I think I just figured out what location #32 from the Google Maps street view. It's another Riflessi location at 289 Madison Ave between 40th & 41st street across from Britches of New York. Considering that the keyword for the first Riflessi location (#15) was "tie", it would make sense that the other Riflessi location (#32) would have the keyword "shirts". Mady, does that sound correct?
    Shirts would be correct.
    11-12-08 10:02 PM

thats correct!
    11-12-08 10:04 PM
    If you go back a few pages on this thread a few people (including myself) have posted all the keywords. i think there are a few inconsistencies in the order but the order doesnt really matter in the competition to win the phone.
    good luck!
    Thanks for confirming and thanks for letting me know about all the keywords. I had them already but I was just curious about the location for #32 since it was one of the few that was never sent in the response text messages like most of the other locations.
    11-12-08 10:56 PM
    verizonwireless.com posted a date of 11/21/08, at $199.99!!!
    11-13-08 07:33 AM
    verizonwireless.com posted a date of 11/21/08, at $199.99!!!
    OMG, OMG, OMG!!!! I am so happy as that is the day that I can upgrade my phone!!! So if I don't win one by then, looks like me and the hubby are getting ours that day!!!! YES!!!

thanks for the info!!
    11-13-08 08:46 AM
    Got called today that I am a $100 Verizon Wireless gift card winner.

Although my Storm won't be free, getting one for $99 is absolutely fabulous!!!!

Can't wait to get my hands on one!!!
    11-13-08 01:48 PM
    Got called today that I am a $100 Verizon Wireless gift card winner.

Although my Storm won't be free, getting one for $99 is absolutely fabulous!!!!

Can't wait to get my hands on one!!!

Congratulation
    11-13-08 02:03 PM
    Hey all you winners - be sure to go aver to this thread to register your win so we can see how many CB'rs have won in this contest!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/nyc...s-tally-94146/
    11-13-08 02:17 PM
    Ariana, the call I got was from the second number u listed above. I also missed the call and called back and left a vm. they called me back again about 15 minutes later!
    I just got a call from that same one also

I won the $100 gift card and should get it in 2 weeks
    11-13-08 03:20 PM
    I won yesterday the Storm and the $50 gift card it was a 312 # that called me. yessssss I am so siked. But I also got an email today showing that the Storm will in stores for sale 2yr contract $249.99 price but you mail in a rebate card that is going be $50 so it makes the phone $199.99. But Storm will in all stores on the 21st.
    11-13-08 03:20 PM
    here are the clues in order. good luck to all.

1. bklyn1
    2. seaport
    3. bean
    4. bella
    5. plums
    6. memes
    7. era
    8. yumi
    9. shake
    10. dean
    11. ojart
    12. porta
    13. auth
    14. suit
    15. tie
    16. times
    17. chip
    18. cuba
    19. detour
    20. bklyn2
    21. chgirl
    22. trump
    23. vntge
    24. design
    25. kicks
    26. trsr
    27. spins
    28. eyes
    29. paint
    30. omega
    31. bread
    32. shirts
    33. offbway
    34. alskg
    35. cupcake
    36. twogals
    37. west
    38. zach
    39. bklyn3
    40. aja
    41. bean1
    42. vinyl
    43. disco
    44. forbid
    45. bklyn4
    omg ur are freaking awesome good luck on the phone.
    11-13-08 04:11 PM
    I while back a Verizon employee on the phone told me that my plan was OK for use with blackberyy Storm
    "NATIONWIDE BASIC FAM SH PRI 700 ANY UNL N&W UNL IN $60 "
    but that I would need to add a $30 data plan for blackberry smart phone/PDA support.

My son has a LG DARE (not smart phone) and what we did on the family plan for him was add the following:
    Current Calling Plan Add'l Line 10/04 - 11/03 $9.99
    Current Data Plan 10/04 - 11/03 V CAST PAK $15.00
    500 MSG Allowance + Unl IN MSG - 10/04 - 11/03 $10.00
    Get It Now Downloads downloads -- VZ NAV, Mail $ 9.99

So other than the additional line charge it costs $35 for unlimited mail, nav, web, IN txt and pic.

But verizon said I woud have to do that plus a $30 smart phone data plan.

Is that what you guys do?
    The other option is to go with the Premium plans

But the basic premium for 3 lines is $169 plus sthe smart phone fee I guess or go with the blackberry plan that is just email &79, $99 or $49 not sure the differences in them all.

What is the cheapest way for family share and use of 3 storms with unlimited data, email,navigator, web, txt and pic and maybe 700 minutes of minutes for NON-IN calling?
    11-13-08 08:37 PM
    Number Store Location Keyword

1 Brooklyn Industries 8th Avenue (W 18th, 19th Streets) BKLYN1
    1 Are you in the right borough?

2 Seaport South Street (near Pier 17) SEAPORT
    2 The ships don't dock in the north, east, or west.

3 The Bean Coffee 49 1st Avenue (near 3rd Street) BEAN
    3 The best coffee on the block.

4 Clarabella 279 E Houston Street (Suffolk, Clinton) BELLA
    4 Rhymes with Cinderella.

5 Plum & Pear 124 Ludlow Street (Rivington, Delancey) PLUM
    5 These pretty fruits make perfect tarts.

6 Memes 3 Great Jones St (Lafayette, Broadway) MEMES
    6 Meme's the word at this hip boutique.

7 New Era 9 E 4th Street (Broadway, Lafayette) ERA
    7 It's a whole new game now.

8 Yumi Kim 105 Stanton Street (Ludlow, Essex) YUMI
    8 You-me-kim. Trust us.

9 Milkshake Company 342 E 47th Street (1st, 2nd Avenues) SHAKE
    9 Who knew this creamy treat was a city staple.

10 Dean Leather 823 3rd Avenue (near E 51st Street) DEAN
    10 Pleather just isn't the same.

11 O.J. Art 920 3rd Avenue (near E 56th Street) OJART
    11 Fresh squeezed fine art.

12 Porta Bella E 42nd St (Vanderbilt, Madison Ave) PORTA
    12 A vegetarian alternative to a burger.

13 Port Authority W 40th Street (near 8th Avenue) AUTH/GRAND
    13 Transportation hubs have all the power.

14 Britches of NY 290 Madison Avenue (E 40th, 41st Streets) SUIT
    14 To behave in a self-important manner means you're too big for your

15 Riflessi 48 W 57th Street (5th, 6th Avenues) TIE
    15 Italian-made menswear makes every man look fine

16 Times Square 7th Avenue (46th, 47th) TIMES
    16 If you're lost in the lights and craze, stop here for help.

17 Chip & Pepper 250 Mulberry Street (Prince, Spring) CHIP
    17 Pass the salt, please.

18 Cuba Restaurant 224 Thompson St (W 3rd Street, Bleecker) CUBA
    18 Looking for a Havana night?

19 Detour 425 West Broadway (Prince, Spring) DETOUR
    19 Are you going the right way?

20 Brooklyn Industries 284 Lafayette Street (Prince, Houston) BKLYN2
    20 Do I look too Manhattan to you?

21 Chelsea Girl Couture 186 Spring Street (Thompson, Sullivan) CHGIRL
    21 Where the west side girls shop for gowns.

22 Trump Towers 725 5th Avenue (near 56th Street) TRUMP
    22 Does this really trump the rest?

23 Generation Records 210 Thompson Street (Bleecker, W 3rd St) VINYL
    23 You might just find your parent's music.

24 Leekan Design 93 Mercer Street (Spring, Broome) DESIGN
    24 How long can you sit lotus style?

25 Premuim Laces 68 Spring Street (Crosby, Lafayette) KICKS
    25 Sneakerheads rejoice.

26 SoHo Treasures 123 Mercer Street (Prince, Spring) TRSR
    26 Like a pirate's swag, this store sparkles.

27 What Goes Around 351 West Broadway (Broome, Grand) VNTGE
    27 Fashion's really just a merry-go-round.

28 Eye Candy 329 Lafayette Street (near Bleecker) EYES
    28 Well he sure is nice to look at.

29 Mireille Gallery 1304 2nd Avenue (68th, 69th Streets) PAINT
    29 Where art thou?

30 Omega Art Expo 832A Lexington Avenue (63rd, 64th Streets) OMEGA
    30 Oh, this place has mega frames.

31 Corrado Bread Factory 960 Lexington Avenue (near E 70th Street) BREAD
    31 This assembly line is sweet.

32 Madison Avenue (41st, 42nd Streets) SHIRTS
    32 Think Italian stallion.

33 Off Broadway 139 W 72nd Street (Amsterdam, Columbus) OFFBWAY
    33 When you're not quite on Broadway, but you could be soon.

34 Alskling 228 Columbus Avenue (W 70th, 71st St) ALSKG
    34 Look for the boutique with the best deals on the block.

35 Buttercup Bake Shop 141 W 72nd Street (Amsterdam, Columbus) CUPCAKE
    35 You deserve frosting.

36 Two Gals 165 Amsterdam Avenue (W 67th, 68th St) TWOGALS
    36 The name sounds Southern, but the jewelry's fit for an uptown girl.

37 West 147 W 72nd Street (Amsterdam, Columbus) WEST
    37 There's definitely no western gear sold here.

38 Zacharys Smile 9 Greenwich Ave (Christopher, W 10th) ZACH
    38 A smile never goes out of style.

39 Brooklyn Industries 801 Broadway (W 11th, 12th Streets) BKLYN3
    39 Excuse me, is that made in Park Slope?

40 Aja 432 6th Avenue (W 10th, 11th Streets) AJA
    40 An exotic spot to stop for a shot of Sake afterwork.

41 The Bean Coffee 446 6th Avenue (W 10th, 11th Streets) BEAN1
    41 What do coffee, limas, and lentils have in common?

42 Bleeker Records 239 Bleecker Street (Carmine, Cornelia) SPINS
    42 What does a STORM sound like?

43 Discorama 44 W 8th Street (MacDougal, 6th Avenue) DISCO
    43 Do the hustle to this hot spot.

44 Forbidden Planet 840 Broadway (near E 13th Street) FORBID
    44 Seriously, it's out of this world.

45 Brooklyn Industries 500 Hudson Street (Christopher, W 10th St) BKLYN4
    45 Think global, buy local.
    11-14-08 10:49 AM
    hopefully today or tomorrow I will get my call!!!!
    11-14-08 12:52 PM
    I just ran through the entire list... crossing fingers.. not getting my hopes up.. lol
    11-14-08 12:55 PM
    Does anyone else think this is unfair for the people who live in or around the city. It was supposed to be exclusive but by putting it on the internet you just made everyones odds of winning plummet. You've taken a game of maybe 25k people and made it available to the 400k+ of people who visit this site and google it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 01:08 PM
    Does anyone else think this is unfair for the people who live in or around the city. It was supposed to be exclusive but by putting it on the internet you just made everyones odds of winning plummet. You've taken a game of maybe 25k people and made it available to the 400k+ of people who visit this site and google it.

yea I definitely agree to some extent. I live on L.I, but even so, I still have no luck anyway so I know theres no chance of me winning to begin with but I still entertain it and send my texts everyday for the thrill of it
    11-14-08 01:16 PM
    who said it was supposed to be exclusive it was just another marketing stunt to build momentum. I really don't think they care who entered. If they did they could have restricted how about the text must come from a signal in the NY are or it must be an NY /NJ or CT #, something.

While i feel your pain for us locals i don't think it was supposed to be just a localized thing.
    11-14-08 01:29 PM
    if i were you guys... i would drop that issue...

There were a few of us goin at it on page 19 or so on how people shouldn't post all the answers up.

Oh well, I won in the Storm Grab NYC ...

Keep at it. My friend won two days ago in the hunt, so there is a chance.
    11-14-08 01:35 PM

i agree, but it seems like verizon doesn't have a problem accepting text entries from just anyone or shipping the prizes to just about anywhere, so it probably wasn't meant to be 100% exclusive to nyc. at the very least, i thought when they called you to tell you that you won, they'd ask for the billing address on your verizon account to make sure you're in the area, but guess not.

it's a marketing thing. they're giving away 50 phones. what difference does it really make to them who the phones go to?

i can live with verizon being a little lax about letting anyone enter this contest (why should i get special privelege just because i live in nyc?) but what's even more surprising to me is that crackberry actually allowed this thread to go up...and stay up. the people who run this site and monitor it are pretty good with covering their butts regarding rules, contests, giveaways, but providing a free public forum to promote collusion and the trading of answers to increase one's odds of winning a giveaway contest for a very high end phone (these aren't cheap little keychains or bottle openers we're talking about) just doesn't seem quite right.

but none of this is keeping me from sending in my entries everyday. heh. it'd be nice to win one for free, but i still have over a year left on my 8330 contract, so i surely won't be buying a storm anytime soon...besides, the first iteration of such things are always laden with problems and lacking certain features, so waiting isn't always a bad thing.
    11-14-08 01:42 PM

I'm not sure why people think it's exclusive to NYC residents. The fine print for the sweepstakes clearly states: "Who may participate: *The Verizon Wireless Storm Hunt Sweepstakes (the Sweepstakes) is open to legal residents of one of the Fifty United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories)." If they wanted it to be exclusive to NYC residents, then they would've stated that in the rules.
    11-14-08 03:26 PM
400 ... 13141516
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD