MAn the build up for this phone is something, hope it lives up to expectations
    11-08-08 05:55 PM
    You aren't going to believe this....I entered 3 times yesterday. I got a call 3 mins ago from Verizon saying I won the grand prize!!! I am getting a phone and the 50 dollar gift card. They said as soon as they get the phones there at the office they will mail mine out! (he did say something about 4~6 weeks, but who cares?)

Holy Crap!!!
    I got the call about 15 minutes ago! (908) area code, which includes Basking Ridge, Verizon's corporate headquarters! They said 4-6 weeks for the phone, ~2 weeks for the gift card! I am freaking out here!

Oh, and btw I entered 38 codes yesterday and 38 today which leads me to believe it increases one's chances of winning. Good luck to everyone else!
    11-08-08 05:57 PM
    I just started an I won thread!!! I got the call just a few min ago also.
    they must be doing the first strings of drawings!
    11-08-08 06:15 PM
    I got the call about 15 minutes ago! (908) area code, which includes Basking Ridge, Verizon's corporate headquarters! They said 4-6 weeks for the phone, ~2 weeks for the gift card! I am freaking out here!

Oh, and btw I entered 38 codes yesterday and 38 today which leads me to believe it increases one's chances of winning. Good luck to everyone else!
    The area code 908 is wear I live. All of Hunterdon County in NJ has the area code for 908
    11-08-08 06:19 PM
    im still waiting for my call...
    11-08-08 06:25 PM
    Guys,

It's not that the keywords dont work anymore they must have solved the
    algorithm problem in the text format,
    like yesterday a lot of people were using
    portabella, and portauthority, the text computer was only picking up
    the section of correct keyword, in this case PORTA,
    neither portabella or portauthority are keywords...

They must have gotten wise and fixed it... Also other misconceptions are

Clarabella = bella
    portbella = porta
    timessquare = times
    newera = era
    milkshake=shake
    portauthority=is not a keyword it was just picking up the PORTA part
    yumikim=yumi

Again on the website these wrong keywords would not work because
    it's a different computer, the text computer yesterday was except words
    that contained the Keyword, today it is not...

also as stated before
    evillahe
    wvillage
    soho
    ues
    uws

are not keywords, but the computer texts you back the closest location
    to start the search...

hope this helps

I need 14, 26, 27, 28, 32, 33, 34, if anyone wants to swap hit me up,
    Im gonna go walk and finish the rest tomrrow hopefully,

good luck to everyone!
    11-08-08 06:42 PM
    I have won a $100 gift card!! If I keep entering keywords in can I still have a chance to win a Storm or not??
    11-08-08 06:48 PM
    I was just thinking, I have been entering the last couple days. if you don't get notified of a win right away you still have the entries in that days drawings. As a matter of fact I had just finished entering for todays drawing when I got the call. there is nothing in the rules that say you can not win two or more times. (someone else can read thru and verify but I didn't see it) You could possibly win more than one storm. no? I would love to win a couple but wouldn't feel right if it took away from someone elses chance to win. do you think behind the scenes if they pulled you as a winner, they would disregard any new attempts?
    11-08-08 06:49 PM
    Guys,

It's not that the keywords dont work anymore they must have solved the
    algorithm problem in the text format,
    like yesterday a lot of people were using
    portabella, and portauthority, the text computer was only picking up
    the section of correct keyword, in this case PORTA,
    neither portabella or portauthority are keywords...

They must have gotten wise and fixed it... Also other misconceptions are

Clarabella = bella
    portbella = porta
    timessquare = times
    newera = era
    milkshake=shake
    portauthority=is not a keyword it was just picking up the PORTA part
    yumikim=yumi

Again on the website these wrong keywords would not work because
    it's a different computer, the text computer yesterday was except words
    that contained the Keyword, today it is not...

also as stated before
    evillahe
    wvillage
    soho
    ues
    uws

are not keywords, but the computer texts you back the closest location
    to start the search...

hope this helps

I need 14, 26, 27, 28, 32, 33, 34, if anyone wants to swap hit me up,
    Im gonna go walk and finish the rest tomrrow hopefully,

good luck to everyone!
    Unfortunately, those are the same ones that I need.

Or needed...

'Cause I won baby!!! Woohoo!
    11-08-08 07:19 PM
    Unfortunately, those are the same ones that I need.

Or needed...

'Cause I won baby!!! Woohoo!
    Congratulations! And to everyone else that won as well. And, good luck to those who are hoping to win!!
    11-09-08 09:40 AM
    i send these keywords in and i don't ever get any response back
    11-09-08 10:31 AM
    i send these keywords in and i don't ever get any response back
    Try sending one of the location codes first, like "evillage" or "soho," and you should get a "Thx 4 joining the STORM HUNT!" message. Then try some of the other ones.
    11-09-08 10:35 AM
    There has to be something wrong with this location:

32 Madison Avenue (41st, 42nd Streets) - Think Italian Stallion
    11-09-08 08:19 PM
    You know, I have have sent in my codes and have not gotten one reply back at all for any code sent in via text? Am i missing something?
    11-09-08 08:25 PM
    not sure what your missing, make sure you are texting to the right number 41039. even if you get a wrong message it sends back a reply saying "this is the storm hunt...."
    11-09-08 08:32 PM
    I want to cry.

I missed the phone call twice because my phone was somehow on silent. I tried calling back but there was no answer. I left a voice mail and have no yet received a call back. :[
    11-09-08 08:43 PM
    Just wondering if this is the same response you get when entering your info and keyword. The response I get is:
    Thank You
    Email Sign-up Confirmation
    Thank you for signing up for Verizon Wireless email updates featuring our latest offers, products and services.

11-09-08 09:00 PM
    Just wondering if this is the same response you get when entering your info and keyword. The response I get is:
    Thank You
    Email Sign-up Confirmation
    Thank you for signing up for Verizon Wireless email updates featuring our latest offers, products and services.

I get exactly that when I enter a code online but when I enter a code via text get no response back at all? I've checked and I sent them to the right number? Oh brother, the things we do for this crazy phone....
    11-09-08 09:09 PM
    I get exactly that when I enter a code online but when I enter a code via text get no response back at all? I've checked and I sent them to the right number? Oh brother, the things we do for this crazy phone....

Thanks for the reply..
    I have not done it by text so I couldn't verify the other response for you.
    They just got us going stir crazy in all ways, to win the phone..,when it will be released.., and how much it will be...
    11-09-08 09:20 PM
    In response I think something is wrong with the hunt. I have been figuring out and sending my entries by text for the past hour and then all of a sudden the last four did not get any response..soo.. I tried on the website and the same response as above about some entry about email updates or something like that.
    11-09-08 09:52 PM
    I could kill myself, being so quick to hang up on wierd area codes (dodging bill collectors) I hung up on a 908 area code. They called at 6:44 pm I dont know if it was them but I will answer every call now.

For the ppl getting their codes online more power to ya. I myself went out hunting. I'm a messenger in manhattan so I'm all over the city anyway. I do not ride a bike so needless to say my feet and train passed payed for it. I got about 27 keywords in the 1st 2 days, only 1 location I didnt go to. I got that 1 from someone who was also hunting, I gave him 3 that he didnt have. It was fun, I saw alot of interesting businesses that I plan to return to.

For the ppl upset about others getting codes the easy way, well I feel you. But actually 1 of the store owners told me something that made me really made at myself for not thinking about it 1st. He told me that several ppl called his store and asked him for the keyword. So I asked him "did you give it to them". And he says "well yeah". So after the steam was done blowing out my ears he asked me how could these ppl have known where to find his number. So then I told him with very little thought at all how 1 would go about finding his number, and realized I already knew myself how I could have cheated this hunt... O'well, I did have every intention of looking for codes online especially #32 but I think that one is "suit" which I got from this forum btw. So now I have 39 codes. I could probably guess the rest I got about 5 just guessing. And to pay it forward I'll give a few as-well.

VNTGE

TRSR

TIE

these are codes you probably couldnt guess. Cant remember which numbers they are but what eva. Dont say I never did anything for ya. And when there's something going on in different states there should be just as much free info floating aroung {RIGHT!!!} non-New Yorkers..... Anyway goodluck and lets hope I get that call again...
    11-10-08 04:30 AM
    You know...I find it quite strange that most people who "won" dont even live in NYC. What I find even more strange is that people used the keyowrds that were posted on google or CB, which half of them were wrong. Some of the keywords you can guess, others you cant. Its just a little upsetting that I have ALL the codes (Authentic), spent precious time in NYC on the day the contest started to find the keywords and have yet to receive any type of call saying that I won. Im not in any way mad or jealous...just trying to understand. I know the contest is based off of random drawings so maybe its not my time to win. Needless to say, Im not giving up. I continue to text the keywords everyday in hopes of winning something.

to elaborate on the above, I somehow dont believe some of the posts. People are texting UES and WVILLAGE when those arent even authentic codes. Furthermore, people are indicating they received a phone call on the weekend from a 908 number. If you read the fine print of the contest rules, the company holding this contest has up to 2 BUSINESS days to contact you from the drawing date. It doesnt mention anything about weekends..and the company is based out of Chicago. 908 is a Union county New Jersey phone number. Im not doubting any of you, just find it strange

Maybe I'll have a better chance at the Verizon Storm booth in Times Square on Thursday...who knows
    11-10-08 09:08 AM
    I currently have 34 of the 45 keywords. The last 11 are not easy having to do it all online. Some I have gotten here but most I figured out before looking here.

Willing to trade keywords through email for anyone that is having a hard time like me to figure out the rest.
    11-10-08 09:29 AM
    You know...I find it quite strange that most people who "won" dont even live in NYC. What I find even more strange is that people used the keyowrds that were posted on google or CB, which half of them were wrong. Some of the keywords you can guess, others you cant. Its just a little upsetting that I have ALL the codes (Authentic), spent precious time in NYC on the day the contest started to find the keywords and have yet to receive any type of call saying that I won. Im not in any way mad or jealous...just trying to understand. I know the contest is based off of random drawings so maybe its not my time to win. Needless to say, Im not giving up. I continue to text the keywords everyday in hopes of winning something.

to elaborate on the above, I somehow dont believe some of the posts. People are texting UES and WVILLAGE when those arent even authentic codes. Furthermore, people are indicating they received a phone call on the weekend from a 908 number. If you read the fine print of the contest rules, the company holding this contest has up to 2 BUSINESS days to contact you from the drawing date. It doesnt mention anything about weekends..and the company is based out of Chicago. 908 is a Union county New Jersey phone number. Im not doubting any of you, just find it strange

Maybe I'll have a better chance at the Verizon Storm booth in Times Square on Thursday...who knows
    I think it would nice on VZW's part to let us know the number of entries they have each day and who won each day. Probably, for legal reasons, they won't, but it would be interesting to see that data, even if it was after the completion of the contest. It might answer some of your questions.
    11-10-08 09:35 AM
    Im not in any way mad or jealous...just trying to understand. I know the contest is based off of random drawings so maybe its not my time to win. Needless to say, Im not giving up. I continue to text the keywords everyday in hopes of winning something.

Hey, not for nothing... but i was in the City at 12:00am, only to find that they are actually in the stores. I left and came back into the city at 9:00 am to find that most of the stores open at 11:00!!! or later!!

I got wet, soaked actually.... It was cold, rainy and pretty crappy....

But i had a kick *** time with my friend doing it. We were running in and out of stores.. met some awesome crackberryers... and had an awesome time.

Like all contests. only a few people win!! So am I jealouse i haven't won?? YEAH of course!!! haha but there are still 7 days left! So I am gunna keep on texting until I win or it is over!

Keep at it and think of how much fun it was!... or pout and be jealouse of people that won... Your choice man, but i won't loose sleep over it.
    11-10-08 09:52 AM
400 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD