It was 312 area code. 71452 was the reply number for the texts.

Yes it was only 3 entries. I thought about typing more but i got busy at work and didn't come back to it.
    Gottcha... I kept getting a 8xx area code for the reply numbers. Turns out it was George Washington University trying to hit me up for more money... they called again tonight from the same number... bastards
    11-07-08 07:38 PM
    You aren't going to believe this....I entered 3 times yesterday. I got a call 3 mins ago from Verizon saying I won the grand prize!!! I am getting a phone and the 50 dollar gift card. They said as soon as they get the phones there at the office they will mail mine out! (he did say something about 4~6 weeks, but who cares?)

Holy Crap!!!
    Congratulations.
    11-07-08 07:44 PM
    I would be happy just winning the ability o buy one! ha ha ha
    11-07-08 08:01 PM
    I would like to say, that I, unfortunately, didn't win the storm. But I did win the $100 gift card from Verizon...It also was a 312 area code.
    11-07-08 11:06 PM
    I would like to say, that I, unfortunately, didn't win the storm. But I did win the $100 gift card from Verizon...It also was a 312 area code.
    What time of the day did they call you? Did u answer? If not did they leave a message? lol I'm worried that I'm gonna miss a call and lose my chance.
    11-07-08 11:12 PM
    Still that's cool. That's 100 bills in your pocket to purchase anyways.
    11-07-08 11:25 PM
    Anyone having an issue texting in the codes tonight? I am sending them but I keep getting "text only once..." and this would be my first submission for saturday!

lemme know
    11-07-08 11:39 PM
    Anyone having an issue texting in the codes tonight? I am sending them but I keep getting "text only once..." and this would be my first submission for saturday!

lemme know
    I am having the same problem - both texting or entering via the website
    11-07-08 11:43 PM
    Even though the rules say that a day begins at midnight and ends at 11:59PM, I've noticed that I usually have to wait 24 hours after I actually used a particular code before I can use it again. Yesterday I sent in some codes after lunch; today I tried to send in the same ones before lunch and got rejected, but then was able to submit them again after lunch.
    11-07-08 11:49 PM
    What time of the day did they call you? Did u answer? If not did they leave a message? lol I'm worried that I'm gonna miss a call and lose my chance.
    They called me at 5:01pm est on 11/7/08 (yesterday)
    11-08-08 06:16 AM
    I think VZW is screwing the pooch with this contest. Something just isn't right. I entered all of the codes I had on Thursday with no problems. Then on Friday I entered the again only to have about 6 of the 28 rejected with the msg "Not a valid keyword". Today, I tried them again and in addition to the 6 rejected yesterday, I had 8 more rejected today. So out of the 28 that I started with, now only 14 are valid?

I don't have time for this nonsense. Good luck to everyone and congratulations to those who already won.
    11-08-08 07:35 AM
    Does anyone know which question/location the following keywords apply to? I'm trying to figure out which ones I'm missing.

evillage
    wvillage
    cendrillon
    uws
    ues
    Edit: Yumikin is not valid

Also, I know that Brooklyn Industries is the location for #1 and #39. Is it also the location for #45? There's a Brooklyn Industries on the corner of Hudson & Christopher Streets and it's between Christopher & Grove St but #45 is supposed to be on Hudson St between Christopher and 10th according to the Storm hunt map.

Lastly portobella didn't work for me but bella did, newera didn't work for me but era did, milkshake didn't work for me but shake did.
    Last edited by Sam K; 11-08-08 at 11:31 AM.
    11-08-08 11:07 AM
    Does anyone know which question/location the following keywords apply to? I'm trying to figure out which ones I'm missing.

evillage
    wvillage
    cendrillon
    uws
    ues
    yumikin (I think this might be for location 8 but I used a different keyword that worked)

Also, I know that Brooklyn Industries is the location for #1 and #39. Is it also the location for #45? There's a Brooklyn Industries on the corner of Hudson & Christopher Streets and it's between Christopher & Grove St but #45 is supposed to be on Hudson St between Christopher and 10th according to the Storm hunt map.

Lastly portobella didn't work for me but bella did, newera didn't work for me but era did, milkshake didn't work for me but shake did.
    This is the problem. On day one, codes like "portabella, newera and milkshake" worked. But now they don't. Now it's seems like it's a derivative of the original code. Not cool.
    11-08-08 11:23 AM
    This is the problem. On day one, codes like "portabella, newera and milkshake" worked. But now they don't. Now it's seems like it's a derivative of the original code. Not cool.
    all the keywords actually found at the locations are working.
    11-08-08 12:14 PM
    some keywords seem to work online while some seem to work on the phone only. like... timessquare worked on the phone for me yesterday, but times works online. I think it's the same code.
    But anyway, I've been texting most of them on the phone and some give the reply "Thnx 4 joining the HUNT!" and some say "Thnx ur entered 2 win a free STORM!" Anyone getting different ones too?

Also to the whole online/actual hunting I'll just say, I live in NY and as much as I would love to go around and do the hunt, sounds like a lot of fun actually, I can't get the time off work or school so it's not happening, but I found a lot of these words from the hints on the verizon site before venturing on a bunch of forums so I now have a total of over 40 without stepping outside my house, and I know all you people who did the hunt in the rain are mad about that, but verizon did make it possible to find these words from your home by providing the map and the hints and then sending you hints in replies. ^_^
    11-08-08 12:25 PM
    Yes it seems like "Speading the Wealth" for some and somethings are OK.....Just not for all things?
    11-08-08 12:58 PM
    all the codes that are areas of nyc like timessquare, evillage, etc. are just to get started, they will send you a text back saying thanks for joining the hunt and give you a clue to a nearby code its not an actual entry.

as for giving out the keywords, anyone who actually wants to win shouldnt give them out to get new ones because anyone can view it online. if you were able to figure some out without leaving your house then keep it to yourself! you will have better chances having 3 and not asking for more than having 10 and having the entire CB community know those other 3!
    11-08-08 01:36 PM
    I've found all but 7 of the keywords. Anyone also only missing a few? Want to help each other out?
    11-08-08 01:49 PM
    I've found all but 7 of the keywords. Anyone also only missing a few? Want to help each other out?
    most of the store owners were playing also and i traded a few with them

i know the girl at plum had a lot... she was cute too
    11-08-08 01:52 PM
    most of the store owners were playing also and i traded a few with them

i know the girl at plum had a lot... she was cute too
    pics?
    11-08-08 01:57 PM
    all the codes that are areas of nyc like timessquare, evillage, etc. are just to get started, they will send you a text back saying thanks for joining the hunt and give you a clue to a nearby code its not an actual entry.

as for giving out the keywords, anyone who actually wants to win shouldnt give them out to get new ones because anyone can view it online. if you were able to figure some out without leaving your house then keep it to yourself! you will have better chances having 3 and not asking for more than having 10 and having the entire CB community know those other 3!
    ooh i see. i guess that's why codes like timessquare aren't working online. so i guess that means any code submitted online that doesn't highlight is definitely valid, so good to know!

and yea that's true... i mean i found this website by typing stuff into google. there are other forums getting all these lists from there and putting them up also actually. so all these lists you guys are putting up are not exclusively for the people here either...
    11-08-08 02:04 PM
    I've got 29 so far.
    11-08-08 03:16 PM
    pics?
    no but i am sure you can go there yourself, she was very nice
    11-08-08 04:03 PM
    I just entered all my keywords that worked yesterday but several of them don't work anymore. The inconsistency is very annoying. For example (like someone said earlier) timessquare worked but now it doesn't and times does. One question for those who went to the stores. Are the keywords posted on a sign in the store or do you actually need to go inside and ask?
    11-08-08 04:53 PM
    I just entered all my keywords that worked yesterday but several of them don't work anymore. The inconsistency is very annoying. For example (like someone said earlier) timessquare worked but now it doesn't and times does. One question for those who went to the stores. Are the keywords posted on a sign in the store or do you actually need to go inside and ask?
    I know that all of the valid codes work perfectly fine. the reason why they arent working for you is probably because there was a glitch in the software that read the texts so you probably had a part of the correct word in it but it wasnt right. timessquare is not a valid code. All the codes that are in store work fine, i've used theme everyday since thursday without problems.

As for the keywords, they are in the store, pretty obviously. There was only one that you could see from outside, but it's not like you have to ask the people what it is. There is a display case that has it -- you walk in, and walk out. Most of the time the people are pretty nice though so you chat a little bit.
    11-08-08 05:04 PM
400 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD