There are little Storm window stickers in the shop windows. Inside there are either round floor sitting kiosks or ones on the counter. They have these little maps on the outside, (basically the map from the vzw website on one side, rules on the other) In the shape of storms. (they unfold)

There is a dummy phone inside the glass top case (I got to hold it at Deans), and in front of the phone there is a standard line, something to the effect of, "Text "CODE" to 41039 and enter to win....etc etc.

Anyone get a picture of one? They actually looked pretty sweet
    Yeah, a pic would be cool!

Can anyone compare and see if the rules on the printout appear to be identical to what's on the "Fine Print Page."
    11-06-08 09:32 PM
    a bird in the hand... ;-)
    11-06-08 09:44 PM
    QUESTION: IF I POST THE ENTIRE LIST WILL WHOEVER WINS, GIVE ME THE PHONE? OR ATLEAST THE $100?
    See? dumb idea to post them.
    Grow up people.

Do you REALLY think that having 44 entries each day for the 1st few days is going to improve your chances of winning? C'mon - get real. It's all gonna come down to a random number generator picking a few numbers, and they'll be the winners out of the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of entries.

Not everyone is fortunate enough to live in the City. If you and/or VZW thinks the clues wouldn't be posted on the internet, then you're not even close to dealing with reality. Better to have them posted here, than on BGR.
    11-06-08 09:45 PM
    Grow up people.

Do you REALLY think that having 44 entries each day for the 1st few days is going to improve your chances of winning? C'mon - get real. It's all gonna come down to a random number generator picking a few numbers, and they'll be the winners out of the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of entries.

Not everyone is fortunate enough to live in the City. If you and/or VZW thinks the clues wouldn't be posted on the internet, then you're not even close to dealing with reality. Better to have them posted here, than on BGR.

Not at all the point. Listen, we all want this ****ing phone so that we can be exactly this, MORE IN TOUCH, able to SHARE info. The people that actually did the hunt are simply commenting, and agreeing that those who didn't actually hit the pavement don't have the same understanding.

Agreed with the BGR line though, that bias sob.
    11-06-08 09:50 PM
    Did anyone else notice the "super" kiosks? the ones that had LCD screens playing videos giving clues instead of just cardboard? Times Square info center, and the other one? (sorry cant remember the spot).

Also, I will admit that i could not find location #32 on Madison Ave, btw 41st and 42nd. The clue was "think Italian stallion". Could not find it.

on the little storm fold out maps, #34 is incorrectly placed. But it is correct on the online map. Threw me off a little.

Also, #38 is incorrectly placed on both the fold-out map and online map. It is placed on Greenwich "ST" as apposed to Greenwich "Ave" which is correct. Just a little helper hint.
    11-06-08 09:50 PM
    a bird in the hand... ;-)
    3 messages already vizcat? holy $h*# someone is popular with that new cellular.
    11-06-08 09:56 PM
    If anyone needs any help....I will be glad to help out my new friends at CB.

I would have loved to hit the pavement today in NYC....

I think I have them all(not like it matters) except for the "Italian Stallion"
    11-06-08 10:25 PM
    VIzcat, nice job. I thought those thingers were pretty cool u agree?
    if you look closely at the pic with my right hand...you can see the last 4 digits of your phone number...lol...I jotted it down as soon as you PM'ed me this morning...ha
    11-06-08 10:29 PM
    i have 28 keywords that work for online...but cant figure out anymore. Oh well that should give me enough chances...I would post them but don't feel like starting another battle...
    11-07-08 06:22 AM
    Wait, running around? I was out until 4Am scouting the locations last night, and then started in soho @ 9AM and got uptown by 5 PM. IN THE RAIN, and the FREEZING 8 GD hours! Post codes sweet, but I found them, earned them, learned a little about some NYC spots I didn't know about too.

Part of this whole thing was to give these locations, shops, some press. I bought a couple shirts downtown, at some places i never would have visited if it weren't for this hunt.

Anyway, post if you want. But thats the ***hole thing to do.

I agree, if I didn't live in NYC then I would want people to post the codes too, HOWEVER, Actually do the hunt. Sitting on your comp all day and complaining that people aren't posting the codes, or even worse sharing the codes after you did the hunt? now thats just stupid!

BTW I have 44 codes. :-)

It's not that hard to do without being in NYC. I spent about an hour yesterday google-sleuthing (by which I mean google-mapping the clue and testing codes for the right one) and I now have 30 codes. I figure another hour and I'll have the rest.
    Last edited by Revolutionary; 11-07-08 at 09:21 AM.
    11-07-08 08:48 AM
    Well, what i find is funny is that it looks like Verizon has a bad word recognition algorithm.Some are marked as accepted even though they aren't the correct code.

Some of the ones you listed are not the actual codes but contain the real code word. Just a heads up, as this may void that entry....

Spent most of the day in the city yesterday with my friend and fellow crackberry-er. It was a good time and i met a few other people from this site. Whoever i met in Pear, hope you got more keywords!!!

Good luck everyone!!!! I hope a few of us get a new phone!!!
    11-07-08 10:27 AM
    So do they draw the winners after the end of each day? That is the way that I understood it when I read through the rules. If so, has anyone won yet, or heard anything? lol just curious as to when they do the drawing every day.
    11-07-08 11:16 AM
    Lookin for a little help. I did a mix of on the ground hunting and google hunting to come up with 37.

Need - 15, 26, 28, 32, 33, 34, 41, 42

Anyone help out I would be happy to give any that you might not have...
    11-07-08 01:57 PM
    society
    you have an email
    11-07-08 02:18 PM
    Guys,

Just finished doing the NYC walk and got all but,
    15, 17, 26, 27, 28, 29, 32, 34, 37, anyone wanna swap?!
    11-07-08 02:26 PM
    You aren't going to believe this....I entered 3 times yesterday. I got a call 3 mins ago from Verizon saying I won the grand prize!!! I am getting a phone and the 50 dollar gift card. They said as soon as they get the phones there at the office they will mail mine out! (he did say something about 4~6 weeks, but who cares?)

Holy Crap!!!
    11-07-08 03:18 PM
    Thats awesome congratz! I wish I still lived in NYC to have done this.
    11-07-08 03:40 PM
    What call was the number from? I got a call from 71452 yesterday but missed the call. I called Verizon and they told me it was from their promotions department, but couldn't say what for... wondering if it had anything to do with this contest
    11-07-08 03:59 PM
    Latem!

You have a PM!
    11-07-08 04:16 PM
    I would think though that they would leave a message and if you didnt return the call in a certain amount of time, you would forfeit your prize
    11-07-08 04:16 PM
    Thats awesome congratz! I wish I still lived in NYC to have done this.
    yo platanero! where u at? DR? LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 04:54 PM
    You aren't going to believe this....I entered 3 times yesterday. I got a call 3 mins ago from Verizon saying I won the grand prize!!! I am getting a phone and the 50 dollar gift card. They said as soon as they get the phones there at the office they will mail mine out! (he did say something about 4~6 weeks, but who cares?)

Holy Crap!!!
    Congrats! That is awesome. I find it particularly sweet that someone who submitted only 3 entries won the day, the same day that people were complaining about the need to hoard their keywords until later in the contest so that they would be more likely to win by preventing other people from submitting 30+ keywords a day. Drops of water in the ocean, guys. Drops of water in the ocean.
    11-07-08 05:48 PM
    Congrats! That is awesome. I find it particularly sweet that someone who submitted only 3 entries won the day, the same day that people were complaining about the need to hoard their keywords until later in the contest so that they would be more likely to win by preventing other people from submitting 30+ keywords a day. Drops of water in the ocean, guys. Drops of water in the ocean.
    lol i was thinking the exact same thing when I read that he only submitted 3.
    11-07-08 05:54 PM
    Does anyone have all 45 codes that they want to share? I have about 36. Now I'm just curious to see the answers! It's driving me nuts not having all the codes. I'll be in the city tomorrow. Heading to the MET but won't have time to hunt for codes. Anyone want to share?
    11-07-08 06:00 PM
    What call was the number from? I got a call from 71452 yesterday but missed the call. I called Verizon and they told me it was from their promotions department, but couldn't say what for... wondering if it had anything to do with this contest
    It was 312 area code. 71452 was the reply number for the texts.

Yes it was only 3 entries. I thought about typing more but i got busy at work and didn't come back to it.
    11-07-08 06:06 PM
400 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD