Ha, right! If verizon only wanted new yorkers hunting then it wouldn't have been so simple to figure out the codes. Plus, you only need one keyword to win.

And like ^^ said...you know you were texting back and forth with other people to get the codes.

And finally, spending all day running around the city in the cold a** rain just to have a 5 in 10,000,000 chance of scoring a free phone is stupid dumb. Scavenger hunts are rad...in June.

Fight the power
    Disco
    Ha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 08:00 PM
    Ha, right! If verizon only wanted new yorkers hunting then it wouldn't have been so simple to figure out the codes. Plus, you only need one keyword to win.

And like ^^ said...you know you were texting back and forth with other people to get the codes.

And finally, spending all day running around the city in the cold a** rain just to have a 5 in 10,000,000 chance of scoring a free phone is stupid dumb. Scavenger hunts are rad...in June.

Fight the power
    Disco
    Ha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 08:05 PM
    Wait, running around? I was out until 4Am scouting the locations last night, and then started in soho @ 9AM and got uptown by 5 PM. IN THE RAIN, and the FREEZING 8 GD hours! Post codes sweet, but I found them, earned them, learned a little about some NYC spots I didn't know about too.

Part of this whole thing was to give these locations, shops, some press. I bought a couple shirts downtown, at some places i never would have visited if it weren't for this hunt.

Anyway, post if you want. But thats the ***hole thing to do.

I agree, if I didn't live in NYC then I would want people to post the codes too, HOWEVER, Actually do the hunt. Sitting on your comp all day and complaining that people aren't posting the codes, or even worse sharing the codes after you did the hunt? now thats just stupid!

BTW I have 44 codes. :-)
    11-06-08 08:06 PM
    NYC aint no easy place to navigate either. Ill be heading down to the village for my last 10 tomm. Couldn't sneak out of work for that long.

Kudos for the 44
    11-06-08 08:15 PM
    I don't understand what all the whining is about.
    Did any of you clowns think that all the codes wouldn't show up here?

I am 2000 miles fromNYC and I found 20-25 codes without getting any here.

If you guys would have read the contest info, you would have seen that you can zoom in on the points, get clues from the points and from google with the address and points of interest.

AND if you have not noticed, you get an answer on a correct code that pretty much gives you another code or clue.

I found 6-8 on the points on the map and the rest were gimme's from VZW.

Sorry to interupt your cry & sob session.

BTW have a great night, sorry to hear it's raining in the Great City!
    11-06-08 08:18 PM
    I went hunting with a friend. We had somewhat of an advantage because he had a car. We both played hooky from work to "Storm Hunt". It was a lot of fun. We started around 1030 and finished around 700. We've txt all of the keywords except 1. The missing keyword was for the south street seaport location. (If anyone has that code please post something)

I met some really cool people along the way during my QUEST to win a storm. Sadly enough, most of them only had a few keywords. On a funnier note, business owners who participated requested i give them keywords. Since im not a selfish person, anyone who asked, received. However, it would be foolish of me to give them all the keywords...right?? I mean seriously...I didnt trek from downtown to uptown for nothing

After today, hopefully my chances of winning are increased. I guess ill just have to wait and see..
    11-06-08 08:19 PM
    James-

I do live in NYC and i went to every spot. (took the day off). Started at 10 (because most places were closed and the kiosk was located at the back of the store). I'm not whining. I just want a free storm. That is, afterall, the point. I will gladly share with all my fellow addicts, just not on the first day. I met lots of really cool people on my ventures that really busted a** to hit the spots. It wouldn't be right to ruin their and my hard work on the first day. Only those that actually did the hunt all day would understand and agree. IMO
    Fair enough Michael, fair enough. I can respect your POV. I'll take your word that you found all of the codes that you have and commend you for doing so. That accomplishment is far more admirable than eating breakfast, lunch and dinner at McDonalds trying to get all the Monopoly codes. At least this game won't make you fat(ter?).

FWIW, I'm not complaining about members not posting codes, keeping a list, begging for codes, e-mailing or sending PMs for codes. I entered one, and only one, code. It's my hope that we are limited to only one code per day, period, and that all of you who have entered multiple codes will be disqualified leaving only me as an eligible winner (haha, right!).

As has been pointed out though, many of the codes are easy enough to get from the hints that are sent back to the player. And while I have NOT looked, I'm sure there are several other places on the web to find the codes.

I'm a newbie to this forum. And as I've said before in this thread, if I don't win it I hope one of you other Crackberries do. Good luck to all, no matter where you live. For the sake of extending an olive branch, "May the first free Storm go to a New Yorker who busted **** finding codes."
    11-06-08 08:24 PM
    I don't understand what all the whining is about.
    Did any of you clowns think that all the codes wouldn't show up here?

I am 2000 miles fromNYC and I found 20-25 codes without getting any here.

If you guys would have read the contest info, you would have seen that you can zoom in on the points, get clues from the points and from google with the address and points of interest.

AND if you have not noticed, you get an answer on a correct code that pretty much gives you another code or clue.

I found 6-8 on the points on the map and the rest were gimme's from VZW.

Sorry to interupt your cry & sob session.

BTW have a great night, sorry to hear it's raining in the Great City!

NOT CRYING OR SOBBING. Simply commenting that if you didn't actually do the hunt, your missing the point of it. I don't actually think I'm going to win, nor do I think I'm any better off for doing it. Not to mention that I expect everyone to get them eventually. However, since I did do the hunt and DID get them all, I'm just a little ticked to see others mooch work.

QUESTION: IF I POST THE ENTIRE LIST WILL WHOEVER WINS, GIVE ME THE PHONE? OR ATLEAST THE $100?
    See? dumb idea to post them.

BTW, The "Great City" in the rain is still the greatest city on the planet.
    11-06-08 08:26 PM
    ok - this i what I have so far. I am trying to match the clues to my answers - if anyone has something else I would apprreciate it. I love the team effort here.

SEAPORT
    EVILLAGE
    SOHO
    WVILLAGE
    UES
    UWS
    BEAN
    TIMESSQUARE
    CUBA
    BREAD
    OMEGA
    TRUMP
    DETOUR
    PORTAUTHORITY
    MILKSHAKE
    DEAN
    OJART
    NEWERA
    YUMI
    CLARABELLA
    PLUM
    MEMES
    BUTTERCUP
    TWOGALS
    WEST

Ggood luck guys!! let me know what I am missing.

First of all, most of his codes aren't even real. Trust me..I know. I mean C'mon..UES WVILLAGE On the contrary, I can confirm that 12 of the listed keywords are correct but Im not sayin s***.
    11-06-08 08:29 PM
    B Sko

I Love your City.....I wasn't being a D%&*K&%&D.
    11-06-08 08:33 PM
    James-

I do live in NYC and i went to every spot. (took the day off). Started at 10 (because most places were closed and the kiosk was located at the back of the store). I'm not whining. I just want a free storm. That is, afterall, the point. I will gladly share with all my fellow addicts, just not on the first day. I met lots of really cool people on my ventures that really busted a** to hit the spots. It wouldn't be right to ruin their and my hard work on the first day. Only those that actually did the hunt all day would understand and agree. IMO
    I feel the same way....
    11-06-08 08:34 PM
    B Sko

I Love your City.....I wasn't being a D%&*K&%&D.
    Oh gotcha, then remove my sarcasm.
    11-06-08 08:38 PM
    Oh gotcha, then remove my sarcasm.
    crazy @ss hunt, eh? which one are we missing tho?!
    11-06-08 08:40 PM
    By the way, I'm curious about something. When you find a Storm on this hunt, what are you actually finding? Is it like a cardboard sign in the shape of a Storm hanging on a wall? Or is it cardboard sign at the right scale (as someone had images of here on the forum)? Or maybe it's a "dummy" phone on display?

Just curious if it was something interesting enough to have a photo gallery of each of the spots across New York. You know, like a big Storm phone in a window display or something like that. That would be pretty cool and the gallery of Storm locations could be interesting for those who don't live in NYC, or have never been.
    11-06-08 08:44 PM
    crazy @ss hunt, eh? which one are we missing tho?!
    Couldn't tell ya. The day is kinda a blur but as I recall hearing, one locations refused the kiosk? Idk if it is true, but i definitely missed one.
    11-06-08 08:46 PM
    i wasn't able to do the hunt...but if i lived in ny or within a few hours of it, i definately would of went and did it rain or not. i live around 14 hours away tho...so i made due, and i don't have all the codes, but I am happy I am in the drawing.
    11-06-08 08:46 PM
    Two cardboard signs on each side of this case which has a Storm in it.

I thought there would be more folks there. Was at the times square one for a while waiting for a friend and not one person came by.
    11-06-08 08:47 PM
    By the way, I'm curious about something. When you find a Storm on this hunt, what are you actually finding? Is it like a cardboard sign in the shape of a Storm hanging on a wall? Or is it cardboard sign at the right scale (as someone had images of here on the forum)? Or maybe it's a "dummy" phone on display?

Just curious if it was something interesting enough to have a photo gallery of each of the spots across New York. You know, like a big Storm phone in a window display or something like that. That would be pretty cool and the gallery of Storm locations could be interesting for those who don't live in NYC, or have never been.

There are little Storm window stickers in the shop windows. Inside there are either round floor sitting kiosks or ones on the counter. They have these little maps on the outside, (basically the map from the vzw website on one side, rules on the other) In the shape of storms. (they unfold)

There is a dummy phone inside the glass top case (I got to hold it at Deans), and in front of the phone there is a standard line, something to the effect of, "Text "CODE" to 41039 and enter to win....etc etc.

Anyone get a picture of one? They actually looked pretty sweet
    11-06-08 08:50 PM
    Couldn't tell ya. The day is kinda a blur but as I recall hearing, one locations refused the kiosk? Idk if it is true, but i definitely missed one.
    The owner was a nice indian guy...I left him my business card and he then called me up to tell me the code...Its the code that starts with the letter O...
    11-06-08 08:51 PM
    The owner was a nice indian guy...I left him my business card and he then called me up to tell me the code...Its the code that starts with the letter O...
    Well then it wasn't that one. have that...:-/

Guess it would have been smarter to write down what code went with what clue. I started that then my paper got blown into a puddle :-/
    Last edited by b_sko423; 11-06-08 at 08:55 PM.
    11-06-08 08:53 PM
    Pm which one you are missing. I can probably help.
    11-06-08 08:56 PM
    Pm which one you are missing. I can probably help.
    thats the issue, I dont know! I didn't mark the codes to a clue.
    11-06-08 08:59 PM
    check your pm ill send you what i have and just see if one rings a bell
    11-06-08 09:01 PM

11-06-08 09:27 PM
    VIzcat, nice job. I thought those thingers were pretty cool u agree?
    11-06-08 09:31 PM
400 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD