aghart, why not share a few of yours?
    11-06-08 12:20 PM
    well...I have a ton email me if u wanna trade...

[email protected]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 12:20 PM
    oops, no I see you did contribute. my bad.

omega worked for me online. someone try it via text to see if they work either way.
    11-06-08 12:21 PM
    omega worked for me thru text.
    11-06-08 12:23 PM
    i need one more then i will give you all mine
    11-06-08 12:24 PM
    try trump it should work
    11-06-08 12:27 PM
    are we only allowed 10 per day?

so I think I have figured it out....when you text a correct answer you get another location. in the title of this location you find the next clue. I.E. Corrado Bread Factory produced "bread".
    11-06-08 12:27 PM
    has anyone gotten a response to getting the keyword right online?
    11-06-08 12:29 PM
    has anyone gotten a response to getting the keyword right online?
    So far I've entered 5 online, every time i enter a correct one it says "thank you". If I enter an incorrect one, the Keyword box just highlights yellow.
    11-06-08 12:33 PM
    same here, i have enter 10 correctly, and i haven't even been to the city. the keywords are pretty easy to guess just by looking at the map and trying different words.
    11-06-08 12:34 PM
    Does anyone have anything different from:
    timessquare
    bean
    port
    cuba
    evillage
    ues
    bread
    omega
    trump
    detour
    11-06-08 12:36 PM
    ive got 12 so far...not in ny either
    11-06-08 12:36 PM
    EVILLAGE
    GVILLAGE
    WVILLAGE
    UES
    Bean
    Port
    Timessquare
    Portauthority
    Cuba
    Detour
    Milkshake
    Dean
    Oj?
    Ojart
    Portabella?
    Bread
    Omegaart
    Trump

Can you enter online and by texting?
    11-06-08 12:42 PM
    I don't think there's a point in entering more than one per day, unless you want to disqualify your email address or mobile telephone number for that day.

I say this based on the following portion of the rules:
    Limit one (1) entry per person, per mobile telephone number (“MTN”) and email address per day, regardless of method of entry, and regardless of whether more than one person shares a MTN or e-mail address. Persons are prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes with multiple email addresses and/or MTNs.
    So, as I read it that means if you don't disqualify yourself with multiple entries one day, then you have 10 chances to make an entry (Nov 6th - Nov 15th). It doesn't matter if you enter via TXT or online, only one per day.

So, just collect 10 known to work codes and enter one each day.
    Last edited by JamesJ; 11-06-08 at 12:47 PM.
    11-06-08 12:43 PM
    I have rec'd at least 10 reply texts saying the code I entered was correct.

I believe you cannot enter the same code or word more than once per day.
    11-06-08 12:47 PM
    I have rec'd at least 10 reply texts saying the code I entered was correct.

I believe you cannot enter the same code or word more than once per day.
    I believe that is correct as well because it says somewhere that the more clues you enter in one day, the greater your chance of winning.
    11-06-08 12:50 PM
    Hey RICHTREE

You owe me your codes, I emailed you mine!
    11-06-08 12:52 PM
    Does anyone have anything different from:
    timessquare
    bean
    port
    cuba
    evillage
    ues
    bread
    omega
    trump
    detour
    Some of the above are not working anymore. I tried "evillage", "ues", and "port" until I finally got "bean" to be accepted. I wonder if each word (location) can only be entered a limited number of times per day.
    11-06-08 01:04 PM
    Here are a few more I found. (I am 2000 miles from New York!)

Newera
    Clarabella
    Plum
    Memes
    11-06-08 01:07 PM
    i went to the location that was in the south street seaport and did not see anything leading me to a clue. however i tried txt-ing seaport to 41039 and it gave me another location to go to.
    11-06-08 01:08 PM
    does anyone know if these are going to change each day?
    11-06-08 01:09 PM
    I think there are some glitches to this hunt.
    Some code words seem to work for some and not others. Not sure why.

Also, the rules are different in different spots. Some say no more than 1 entry per location, some say no more than 1 entry per day. ??????? It does give you an already entered message if you enter the same word more than once, but I have entered 11 words so far that have all given me the response that thanks you and points you to a new location. So... moral of the story, I don't really know.
    11-06-08 01:10 PM
    I believe that is correct as well because it says somewhere that the more clues you enter in one day, the greater your chance of winning.
    True enough, the main page ("The Hunt" tab) of the promotion does say, "The more phones you find, the more chances you have to win. You can enter once per day from each location."

However, I think that would have been better written as "... once per day, from any location." I hope you Crackberries are right, but interpretation of the main promotional page or marketing hype is why "official rules" or "The Fine Print" exists in contests. For example, they even go into defining the "day" in "once per day."

For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a day will begin at 12:00 a.m. ET and end at 11:59 p.m. ET of that day during the Sweepstakes Period. All Sweepstakes entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on November 15, 2008. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned, and no correspondence will be entered into.
    The fact that one might receive automatic acknowledgment that a code is a valid code, does not mean it will be an accepted code if there is indeed the one per day limit as I believe the rules state.

What I don't see spelled out is how they handle multiple daily entries from the same individual (assuming I have the rule correct). Do they only accept the first entry of that day, or the last entry of that day, or none of the entries of that day from that individual. In this case, I would assume the latter is the case since there is a "limit." If one exceeds the limit, then what happens???

BTW, not trying to ruffle feathers... just don't want to see anyone's entry be voided due to not following the rules. I enter sweepstakes and promotions quite often, so I'm quite in the habit of actually reading the rules.

Best of luck to everyone. If I can't win one then I hope one of you Crackberries do.
    Last edited by JamesJ; 11-06-08 at 01:15 PM.
    11-06-08 01:11 PM
    on the page with the fine print i noticed this:

Participation is limited to entrants participating in the portion of the Sweepstakes involving locating keywords at a participating Verizon Wireless Storm Kiosk (“VZW Kiosk”) located in New York City, New York. *There will be a total of forty-five (45) participating VZW Kiosk.

i will have to go back to the south street seaport and check for a kiosk.
    11-06-08 01:20 PM
    up to 21 now...
    11-06-08 01:23 PM
400 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD