Like everyone else that has been posting in this forum, I am very excited and eager to get my hands on this new piece of technology. When I new the release of this device was eminent, I tried to figure out any possible way that I could get the Storm for as cheap as possible. When the Curve came out, I "convinced" VZW to get me out of my 8830 and multi-fru me into a new curve, before its release, for free. I know, I know, I am good. I am the consumate salesman, always trying to make a deal. Well, for the Storm, I tried the same "convincing" and it worked, however, I was reluctant to give up my Curve, just in case, the Storm didn't work for my fat fingers (typing on an iphone was like pissing up a rope) Anyways, when I saw the NYC Storm Hunt, I jumped right on it, being that I live in NYC. With some searching and the help of CB, i got all the codes and entered mulitple days, never got a response. Needless to say, thanks again to CB, i heard about the NYC Storm Grab. I had a meeting cancelled that morning, and decided to try my luck. Well, I WON, not only did I win a Storm, I had enough tix to win the cheap bluetooth as well. Obv, I picked the Storm...

On to my point...
    I am the most impatient person EVER, and can't live knowing other people will be getting the Storm on Friday, and that I have to wait, so I called and emailed the promotion company that handled the event, to see when the device would ship and here was their response. Just wanted everyone else out there that won, and is as impatient as me, to know when they will be receiving this device.

Dear Rhelbling:

Yes, the phone will be available in Verizon Wireless stores on November 21st. Due to the phone's availability to us, please expect to receive your phone within the next three weeks from this e-mail.

Thank you for participating in the Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm Globe promotion!

Just an FYI...has anyone heard anything else???
    11-18-08 05:00 PM
    i am just as impatient as you are...i also won in nyc grab...and i emailed them last night and i recieved a similar response.....i am hoping that within the next week i will recieve mine but probably not but hey at least i aint gota pay for it...people keep this post updated if you recieve yours let us know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-18-08 06:01 PM
    This was posted this morning. Almost word for word, minus the first rambling paragraph.
    11-18-08 06:03 PM
    does anyone have the address to mail the sase to get the list of winners?
    11-18-08 06:27 PM
    Just a heads up, i started a thread with the almost the same title, and that exact email.

They told me there was no way to expedite shipping.

Haha i was hoping other people would get a better answer. Glas i wasn't the only impatient one...
    clicky
    11-18-08 07:24 PM
    I won one in the NYC Storm Hunt and we were told by Vibes media 4 to 6 weeks so you all should feel lucky you only have to wailt 3!
    11-18-08 07:44 PM
    Well I tried my luck on that thing and lost... the next day I read an article saying they weren't putting in the right amount of tickets the entire time. I was upset...

anyway, I had figure out a way around that. This is what you do:

Wait in line, buy the storm... hopefully for $200
    Play with it... love it
    Then in 3 weeks when you get the storm you won
    You put it on ebay, sell if for $400 and get your money back plus 200!
    11-18-08 07:51 PM
    Well I tried my luck on that thing and lost... the next day I read an article saying they weren't putting in the right amount of tickets the entire time. I was upset...

anyway, I had figure out a way around that. This is what you do:

Wait in line, buy the storm... hopefully for $200
    Play with it... love it
    Then in 3 weeks when you get the storm you won
    You put it on ebay, sell if for $400 and get your money back plus 200!

Well I am a storm hunt winner and totally impatient myself. I mean we all have been waiting for "release day" all this time and now how am I suppose to watch release day come and go with no storm?

I am sitting at one year into my contract on my Voyager in about a week however I guess because I am in the VIP program I can do the annual upgrade now which I fully intended to do when the storm came out plus get 50.00 off the contract price

Now that I won the storm I have been soooooo conflicted on what to do and yes, totally thought about getting it under new contract and selling the winning one however why renew my contract now when I don't need to? Thinking maybe it is just best to keep the contract "open" so to speak incase something else great comes out in the next year.

I am so very grateful I won the storm just wish we were getting them when everyone else did... and really wondering if I can tough it out and wait ***sigh***

Kad
    11-18-08 08:13 PM
    I was also a winner in the NYC grab contest (seven tickets baby!)... So 3 weeks is the consensus?

While that's kind of a bummer, I'm actually not too disappointed... I'm quite happy with my 8330, that I've maintained meticulously to keep the resale value up. The Storm would basically just be an upgrade for toy purposes. So I'm hoping to get a feeler for how the Storm really is before I actually get my hands on mine, because I know if I get it, I'll open it and start using it immediately... Then if I don't like it, I won't be able to sell it as "brand new." I'm not eligible for an upgrade til 2010, so this thing is either cash $$ or toy!
    11-18-08 09:21 PM
    I echo the sentiment as everyone else in this thread. I also am very impatient. I am a winner of the Storm Hunt and received an email from a representative with Vibes Media who said that I can expect delivery in 4-6 weeks.
    Despite the fact that I will eventually be receiving the Storm for free, the excitement surrounding the release of this phone has made me think about activating another line this Friday. If it turns out that I don't like it as much as my Curve, I'm sure I can find someone who would like to take it off my hands. My sister and cousins hate me right now for winning the contest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 09:58 PM
    Sorry I didn't search before posting this...

Anyway, I just want my Storm, but free is free. I am also a VIP customer and due for my NE2, so I can get the phone Friday if I wanted to, but I would love to continue to not have a contract, so I will probably hold out. I really just want to go play with one at the store to get a sense of what its like. t will only make the anticipation worse but it will be worth it.
    11-18-08 10:36 PM
    Any update on this? I dropped them an email but haven't heard back. If nothing else, I want to get it while retail is still high!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 12:29 PM
    Yes I too am curious. I want my Storm!
    12-04-08 11:56 PM
    Nothing new here... Here was their exact response a few days ago.

"Due to the availability of the phone to us, please expect your device to be mailed to you within the next 3 weeks. We apologize for any inconvenience, and we are trying our best to rush all phones to all winners. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for participating in the Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm Globe promotion!"

So that's it, probably another 3 weeks. They don't really seem to have a clue. I asked for shipping info when they get it, and she replied again saying they're just going to send them to everyone when they come in - don't expect shipping info.
    12-05-08 07:12 AM
    Pretty much every bit of me that wanted to switch to verizon is gone.

I know that it is speculation, but i think this "shortage" was planned. Oh well...

Trash mobile, although a little behind on the phones... has great CS...
    12-05-08 07:30 AM
    The whole system is f-ed, in my opinion. Verizon has mediocre CS, and modifies and restricts their phones and their phone selections. They do, however, get you because they have basically undisputed best coverage in the U.S., both voice and 3G data.

Then you have the rest of the world, which is GSM. So you can't buy a GSM phone, and use it with Verizon (which is what I would have done ages ago).

The whole thing is a mess that needs to be sorted out!
    12-05-08 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD