Hey guys. I tried to do my first install on an OS with my storm and I nuked it. White screen comes up and says App Error with a number or something. I try to follow the nuked Blackberry thead. I follow it and when the screen comes up for me to install it says "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device you have connected to the computer" WHen I go to add and look for the .109 OS I have, the file is there in the C Drive>Program folder>Commen Files>Research in Motion>Shared>Loader Files and has a CDMA Folder and a JAVA Folder and a bunch of files with mostly ALX endings on them. I dont know what to do from here? Please help! Any advice I need. My Phone is GONE NOW I am sittin here waiting for anyones response so I can try to do this again. Thank you
    02-23-09 11:10 PM
    Hey guys. I tried to do my first install on an OS with my storm and I nuked it. White screen comes up and says App Error with a number or something. I try to follow the nuked Blackberry thead. I follow it and when the screen comes up for me to install it says "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device you have connected to the computer" WHen I go to add and look for the .109 OS I have, the file is there in the C Drive>Program folder>Commen Files>Research in Motion>Shared>Loader Files and has a CDMA Folder and a JAVA Folder and a bunch of files with mostly ALX endings on them. I dont know what to do from here? Please help! Any advice I need. My Phone is GONE NOW I am sittin here waiting for anyones response so I can try to do this again. Thank you
    Go to the Desktop Manager and where it says "None" for the Device at the bottom click the "None" link and it should let you choose the USB with your PIN for the phone. Click OK for that and you are reconnected. Reinstall now.
    02-23-09 11:13 PM
    Ugh..it took me exactly 3 minutes to search and find the fix for this.....

open up command prompt-
    CD \
    CD PROGRAM FILES
    CD COMMON FILES
    CD RESEARCH IN MOTION
    CD APPLOADER
    LOADER /NOJvM
    Last edited by crow216; 02-23-09 at 11:20 PM.
    02-23-09 11:17 PM
    I figure I'd post in this thread as well and not start a new one.

I downloaded .109, in the past the download would open up DM and the download would began automatically. This time it's not opening up DM. When I go to upload software .109 is not listed.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

thanks
    02-23-09 11:18 PM
    I see. But the phone still says App Error 523 and says Reset. My Connecting to Device bar is sitting in the middle and doesnt seem to be connecting to the phone like its stuck?
    02-23-09 11:19 PM
    or you might need to do this

CD \
    CD PROGRA~1
    CD COMMON~1
    CD RESEAR~1
    CD APPLOA~1
    LOADER /NOJVM
    02-23-09 11:19 PM
    terrigno, trust me on this, just follow my directions. I have been down your road.
    02-23-09 11:20 PM
    But what does what your typiing in there mean? I dont know where to find the command prompt and what has to be done?
    02-23-09 11:21 PM
    Windows command prompt.

go to run> Command

then enter each of those commands one by one EXACTLY as i typed them
    02-23-09 11:23 PM

or like I said, you might need to enter the second set of commands I gave you
    02-23-09 11:24 PM
    If you are using Vista open up the start menu and enter in "CMD"

if you are using XP go to Start -> Run -> Type "CMD"
    02-23-09 11:25 PM
    I got that part. It opens up the APP LOADER program. Which is the one I was on that was connected to my device. And they was saying the stuff like I said in the original post. About not there not being any desktop software for the device. What to do now?
    02-23-09 11:31 PM
    unplug your phone. restart your computer.

make sure DM is NOT loaded up.

do all the commands again...plug in your phone. (make sure you have dm installed, in addition to some version of the OS whether it be .75 .109 w/e)

and it should work fine.Just follow the directions
    02-23-09 11:37 PM
    If it still won't register the device, take the battery out, then connect the phone to the computer. Once the dm displays the pin, click next. It may pop a window up with usb-3554(whatever your pin is) click next. Now pop your battery back in and you should be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 11:42 PM
    Something is going wrong here. I just deleted the OS off the computer nad am downloading Verizons .75 on the computer again. What exactly do I do? Install the OS to the computer right? THen what?
    02-24-09 12:22 AM
    Something is going wrong here. I just deleted the OS off the computer nad am downloading Verizons .75 on the computer again. What exactly do I do? Install the OS to the computer right? THen what?
    You may need to reinstall your DM too. Sounds like something might be missing.
    02-24-09 12:29 AM
    Hmm. Know what? I downloaded .75 from Verizon and when I did all the steps that were mentioned, Verizons OS components came up for the blackberry when I was ready to install. Meaning, the .109 OS I had downloaded must of had a currupt file and I remember its saying to abort or ignore. And I ignored it. Now I had to learn from my lesson. .75 Is booting back up now.

Now what would happen if I installed 109 onto the computer correctly. Would I have to remove the .75 thats on the computer before installing this one on to the computer? So the device recognizes theres a new OS?
    02-24-09 12:39 AM
    Hmm. Know what? I downloaded .75 from Verizon and when I did all the steps that were mentioned, Verizons OS components came up for the blackberry when I was ready to install. Meaning, the .109 OS I had downloaded must of had a currupt file and I remember its saying to abort or ignore. And I ignored it. Now I had to learn from my lesson. .75 Is booting back up now.

Now what would happen if I installed 109 onto the computer correctly. Would I have to remove the .75 thats on the computer before installing this one on to the computer? So the device recognizes theres a new OS?
    I always remove the prior version before installing the new one. Never had a problem. I remember seeing a post from Civic saying to do that. Good luck and dont settle with .75....109 is way better!
    02-24-09 12:44 AM

Here it is.......
    " Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    I suggest only keeping one OS installed to your computer at a time; the one you have installed to your device. You can have others saved to the computer, just not installed. I have a folder in My Documents labeled BB OS, and keep them saved in there just in case. But when it comes time to upgrade againg, go to Control Panel on the computer>Add/Remove and uninstall the current device software. Then install the new and upgrade."
    02-24-09 12:47 AM
    Here it is.......
    " Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    I suggest only keeping one OS installed to your computer at a time; the one you have installed to your device. You can have others saved to the computer, just not installed. I have a folder in My Documents labeled BB OS, and keep them saved in there just in case. But when it comes time to upgrade againg, go to Control Panel on the computer>Add/Remove and uninstall the current device software. Then install the new and upgrade."
    Yup, great advice. I just had to go thru and delete every leaked OS that has come out on CB. Of course, I did this after I already downloaded .109 but all is good.
    02-24-09 12:52 AM
    Yep....it was CX not Civic so I was wrong there. Both of them know their sh!t!
    02-24-09 12:55 AM
    Well here it is. Figured I'd make an official thread. Let's keep it civil all.
    And I was about to not get on the PC today. Go figure.

*Original file seems to be cause errors for people, so I'm removing it from this thread. Mirrors are still up and working.*

Mirrors
    9530 4.7.0.109 Alternate Mirror

Just noticed that. Seems like I was one of the people to get a link that had an error and nuked my phone because of it. Gonna try to re attampt this because thanks to all of your help, now Im a little smarter now lol.
    02-24-09 01:02 AM
    Well here it is. Figured I'd make an official thread. Let's keep it civil all.
    And I was about to not get on the PC today. Go figure.

*Original file seems to be cause errors for people, so I'm removing it from this thread. Mirrors are still up and working.*

Mirrors
    9530 4.7.0.109 Alternate Mirror

Just noticed that. Seems like I was one of the people to get a link that had an error and nuked my phone because of it. Gonna try to re attampt this because thanks to all of your help, now Im a little smarter now lol.
    WOW....I almost downloaded that one! It was too slow so I went to the mirror and downloaded from Megaupload.
    02-24-09 01:10 AM
    ha ha ha ha mine is nuked also
    02-24-09 02:31 AM
    Mine can't even identifiy my pin
    02-24-09 02:39 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD