Six months ago I bought a 2010 Raspberry Tornado 2. You know, the one with the 2.56 liter engine and version 5 vent control software. Now rumors are all over the Raspberry forums they are going to stop making the 2010 and the 2011 model has a 5.12 liter engine and version 6 software. Damn they knew the 2011 was coming and the dealer let me buy the 2010 anyway. They hosed me!. Now I'm stuck with a car they aren't going to make anymore. Raspberry needs to make this right, they need to give me a 2011! I'm not greedy, I'll give them 1/5 the retail prices for the 2011.

I'm so pissed at Raspberry I'm going to dump this Tornado 2 and get a Living Machine car instead. Yea I know they don't have the features I want but at least they are not Raspberry!
    LMAO! Nicely put!
    07-28-10 06:34 AM
    OK, so the Storm will still be "supported" How will it be "supported". With OS6 coming out, will the Storm get an OS5 update? What type of support are we talking about? If I break it, I'm sure the insurance will have enough refurb units for me, but people say that it will still be "supported". IMO, its dead. The Storm 3 will be out, that's where to move to to if you are staying on the BB touchscreen platform. The same as it was for the Storm 1.
    07-28-10 07:11 AM
    Six months ago I bought a 2010 Raspberry Tornado 2. You know, the one with the 2.56 liter engine and version 5 vent control software. Now rumors are all over the Raspberry forums they are going to stop making the 2010 and the 2011 model has a 5.12 liter engine and version 6 software. Damn they knew the 2011 was coming and the dealer let me buy the 2010 anyway. They hosed me!. Now I'm stuck with a car they aren't going to make anymore. Raspberry needs to make this right, they need to give me a 2011! I'm not greedy, I'll give them 1/5 the retail prices for the 2011.

I'm so pissed at Raspberry I'm going to dump this Tornado 2 and get a Living Machine car instead. Yea I know they don't have the features I want but at least they are not Raspberry!
    I'll bet that when you go to your dealer, hand him over your car and half the retail price of the 2011 model, you'll get it! But with cars it's a different story, because they can be resold (by your dealer), unlike mobile phones.
    07-28-10 07:14 AM
    so if the storm 2 is going to be EOL and if 256MB isn't enough to support OS6, will the storm 2 get any more OS updates? or are we stuck with .713 as being the last OS upgrade available for the S2
    Storm EOL'd back in Feb/March and I know there was an OS released after that. OS 591 for Storm was released in April, so there maybe an update or two for S2.
    07-28-10 07:19 AM
    I'll bet that when you go to your dealer, hand him over your car and half the retail price of the 2011 model, you'll get it! But with cars it's a different story, because they can be resold (by your dealer), unlike mobile phones.
    Technically phones can be resold too (ie Ebay LOL)

I actually emailed Verizon - I'm not even eldgible for an upgrade until January of 2011. Looks like Im in here for the Long Haul boys so its time to do some Mods to my S2 I need a new case, and I also need to figure out this stupid OS problem. Can't goto .70X or .713 whatever it was so its Hybrid time for me, or its Flash and then upgrade to .713. if that even makes a diff.
    07-28-10 07:20 AM
    I'm going to pay full retail and get the next Storm...or I may jump ship to ATT for the iphone....j/k....for the 9800.
    07-28-10 09:50 AM
    Being stuck with a Storm 2 is not as bad as a life sentence in a Turkish prison. (Some may argue with that.)

If I was going to do a wipe and reload, I would not put 713 on. Wait, in fact I did do a wipe and reload. I put 607 on and I am having very few problems.
    LOL Yeah your going to get Flamed on that one.

I agree Im on .607 now and ZERO problems with conversations but .713 was MUCH faster and much ore reliable.

If I could get a Hybrid to work I would go that route also
    07-28-10 10:26 AM
    Every phone that has ever been released gets retired as newer models come out. It's all about what's selling. My S2 will still run just as great whether you go buy a new one or not. I doubt that Verizon will let you upgrade early just because they put this model down at some point in the future. If you're the primary line on the account, you should be able to upgrade at the 1 year mark instead of NE2.
    07-28-10 05:25 PM
    Well my NE2 is in Feb which means I can pretty much get a new fone whenever I want. I really like my S2 though and don't wanna switch devices. This sux. RIM should have known to put more than 256 MB of RAM in a fone like this anyway.
    07-28-10 06:01 PM
    The S2's sales suffered because the S1 was such a bad device. Many people didn't want to come near an S2 after owning an S1. I was the complete opposite. I was waiting for the S2 because I knew the 1st model was going to have kinks to work out. Just look at the numbers S1 outsold S2 by a mile even though the S2 is clearly the better device.
    07-28-10 06:08 PM
    The S2's sales suffered because the S1 was such a bad device. Many people didn't want to come near an S2 after owning an S1. I was the complete opposite. I was waiting for the S2 because I knew the 1st model was going to have kinks to work out. Just look at the numbers S1 outsold S2 by a mile even though the S2 is clearly the better device.

I tell you what if RIM figured out a way to get apps to be able to run from the SD it would dominate all! Exchange of SD cards for different programs etc. Oh and of course move the SD to the outside.
    07-28-10 07:48 PM
    Love my S2! Had the S1 since Day 1 and the S2 since it was released. My NE2 is ready now but I think I'll wait to see what the S3 is all about! Otherwise, I have no need to move off the S2. It's been so reliable the EOl thing doesn't bother me one bit. Wouldn't leave Verizon for any of the current carriers out there, iPhone or no iPhone!
    07-29-10 02:52 PM
    WOOW

that's kinda funny.. because the Storm 2 (9520) was just released in my country!!!

Mobiley: here
    Jarir Bookstore: here

Last edited by iThamerBB; 07-30-10 at 04:46 PM.
    07-30-10 04:39 PM
    Technically phones can be resold too (ie Ebay LOL)

I actually emailed Verizon - I'm not even eldgible for an upgrade until January of 2011.
    That sucks, but on the bright side, by Jan '11 there might be a Storm 3 or maybe the refreshed Storm 2 with better specs. I know your feeling because I'm using a Pearl Flip right now and I've been waiting for my upgrade and it's coming in Sept so I'm ditching that thing.
    07-30-10 04:51 PM
    M1 Singapore confirmed no more incoming storm2 shipment, existing stock will be final batch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-10 05:21 AM
    WOOW

that's kinda funny.. because the Storm 2 (9520) was just released in my country!!!

Mobiley: here
    Jarir Bookstore: here

Yes, we are spoiled in the United States! We think of something as outdated, yet other countries are just getting it...and are happy about it!
    07-31-10 07:52 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD