I don't think VCast has ever been available on any of their BlackBerry's.
    11-19-08 09:39 AM
    Is there a way for apps not specifically designed for the Storm to work on the Storm or do we have to wait for new versions of these apps to be released specifically made to run on the Storm. I would think this might be a bigger issue due to the touchscreen than it would normally be when a new BB comes out.
    I second this question. This is one of the concerns I have with the Storm.
    11-19-08 03:59 PM
    Is there a way for apps not specifically designed for the Storm to work on the Storm or do we have to wait for new versions of these apps to be released specifically made to run on the Storm. I would think this might be a bigger issue due to the touchscreen than it would normally be when a new BB comes out.
    LOOK IT UP, USE THE SEARCH, DO SOMETHING!!! This has already been answered, some of the apps will be exactly the same as on your Curves, Pearls, etc, and will work with the touchscreen, while some apps will make "Storm Versions" of their apps to include diff touch screen "gestures"
    11-19-08 04:13 PM
    Search? I am confused. Sheesh ... new people. Anyway, I just noticed that handango says they have 466 programs for the Storm. I guess that is a clue. I still think it is the Bold for me.
    11-19-08 04:16 PM
    Just going to use the switch device wizard and pull stuff from my 8130.

MyAlarm
    JiveTalk
    Google Maps
    AP Mobile News
    Slydial
    Vlingo
    SoftReset
    Signal Location Utilities
    Zelda
    Tetris
    Pacman
    MfRadio
    Nobex Radio companion
    Mobiola Xplayer
    MfRadio Midlet
    BlackJack
    Myspace
    Opera Mini
    AIM
    viigo
    Quick Tipper
    BlackBerry Wallet
    BlackBerry Weather
    I might dig up some of my old apps and test them out on the Storm as well.
    11-19-08 04:17 PM
    The fine print: (for an earlier post)

"This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services and/or redirecting television signals for viewing on laptops is prohibited. A person engaged in prohibited uses, continuously for one hour, could typically use 100 to 200 MBs, or, if engaged in prohibited uses for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, could use more than 5 GBs in a month.

For individual use only and not for resale. We reserve the right to protect our network from harm, which may impact legitimate data flows. We reserve the right to limit throughput or amount of data transferred, and to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone we believe is using an Data Plan or Feature in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term."
    Last edited by cocruxified; 11-19-08 at 04:32 PM.
    11-19-08 04:29 PM
    Its good to keep a list. ;-)

1. Documents To Go Premium
    2. Beiks Bible Reader
    3. Google Maps
    4. MySpace
    5. Facebook
    6. Antair Call Screener
    7. Ascendo Datavault
    8. Ascendo Fitness
    9. Google Talk
    10. VZ Navigator
    11. AP News
    11-19-08 04:37 PM
    The fine print: (for an earlier post)

"This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services and/or redirecting television signals for viewing on laptops is prohibited. A person engaged in prohibited uses, continuously for one hour, could typically use 100 to 200 MBs, or, if engaged in prohibited uses for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, could use more than 5 GBs in a month.

For individual use only and not for resale. We reserve the right to protect our network from harm, which may impact legitimate data flows. We reserve the right to limit throughput or amount of data transferred, and to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone we believe is using an Data Plan or Feature in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term."
    my experience with this whole situation is as long as you are not EXCESSIVElY using it then you should be okay. i have been over 5GB in a month several time but only by a GB or two. its the pepole that have 10 GB of use several months in a row that have an issue.

If you stream the occasional football game on one weekend or something you should be fine!
    11-19-08 04:45 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD