Will the iphone finally be getting an LED for notifications, or is it too practical for Steve to consider?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 06:53 PM
    doubtful, sorry lol
    04-11-10 07:18 PM
    NO i will not get an iphone. The iphone is already on Telus and out of every blackberry users i know... 2 have switched from #TeamBlackberry to #TeamIphone lol...

And one only because he had a product exchange plan and just swapped it for free!
    But yea.. im not much of an Apple user/fan booooo!!
    04-11-10 08:25 PM
    If the Iphone came to Verizon id go pick it up but until that time im sticking to BB
    04-11-10 09:05 PM
    Thank you Capt Correction
    Don't be too offended. It was all in good humor. You tossed up a nice fluffy softball...I just had to take a swing at it.
    04-11-10 09:07 PM
    Don't be too offended. It was all in good humor. You tossed up a nice fluffy softball...I just had to take a swing at it.
    Oh I wasn't. It was down right hilarious. I had to look at it a couple of times until I realized my mistake.

04-11-10 09:10 PM
    Im convinced that anyone who claims to have gone through 10 or more replacement devices is either...

A. Lying.
    B. Is a moron on a variety of levels, including but not limited to, actually continuing to use a brand of device that has taken a sh!t on you 6 times, or just committing some insane amount of user error.
    Couldn't agree more.
    04-11-10 10:34 PM
    The iPhone is just a great phone, no doubt in my mind about that, but...for my use (mainly business) the iPhone just sucks. No multi-tasking can make that right.

I would reconsider seriously if I would not use my phone for business. The apps are great, the touch screen works excellent and the iPhone do the most of the things very well.

However, the lack of decent customizable notifications and "fixed" battery are real considerations.
    04-11-10 11:08 PM
    <rant>
    I love the iPhone don't get me wrong....it just isn't for me really. Heck I'm not even sure if Blackberry is for me but I'm trying really hard to make it work. Apple seems like a shady company to me. They are smart at what they do and they are marketing gurus, but just seem shady.

RIM also seems a tad bit shady to me too they just keep it under the radar kind of. I mean they are releasing a new phone every 6-12 months and it will add a feature or two and that's it. Things that should have been addressed in the first version. For an example look at the Tour and the Tour 2 (well bold or what ever they plan to call it). Also RIM can't keep up with the changing times. The browser is a joke and a lot of the OS's are buggy. All in all though BB's have been good to me and they seem to be some what reliable as long as you do a battery pull every night, after you install an application, after you delete an application, after you make a phone call, after you just did a battery pull etc lol.

Driod....well most Droid owners are just people who jumped on the bandwagon and they are stuck with the device because of contract. So many people were quick to jump ship and get thee droid only to realize just how bad it was and then came back to RIM. Sure you have free apps and can use youtube, but you're caring around a 10lb phone that looks as dumb as the keyboard feels lol.

All in all there is no perfect phone / company. We're all just victims to cell phone companies who refuse to produce a product that consumers will want for more then 1 year. Then when the user no longer want's their phone they will add a camera and maybe some more memory in hopes to draw the users back into their vicious circle.

</rant>
    Spot on. However the new iPhone is still tempting me

Also the fact the iPhone battery is fixed doesnt bother me one bit. When people make this complaint, I just think their knit picking. I have NEVER EVER had to buy a spare batt for ANY of the phones I've used over the years.

If you are such a power user, one would assume you would carry around a portable charger with you at all times, no?

I'mean, personally I charge my phone every night, I don't consider myself a business user, but I use a PC for work so I often hook it up to the USB charger as well... Basically what I'm saying is, these days majority of phone users will have access to some sort of power outlet...so whats the big fuss
    Last edited by The Gift; 04-12-10 at 04:49 AM.
    04-12-10 04:14 AM
    Spot on. However the new iPhone is still tempting me

Also the fact the iPhone battery is fixed doesnt bother me one bit. When people make this complaint, I just think their knit picking. I have NEVER EVER had to buy a spare batt for ANY of the phones I've used over the years.

If you are such a power user, one would assume you would carry around a portable charger with you at all times, no?

I'mean, personally I charge my phone every night, I don't consider myself a business user, but I use a PC for work so I often hook it up to the USB charger as well... Basically what I'm saying is, these days majority of phone users will have access to some sort of power outlet...so whats the big fuss
    I don't think it's a "keeping your battery CHARGED thing" as much as it is a "if for whatever reasons I had to REPLACE the battery thing"
    04-12-10 05:29 AM
    Im convinced that anyone who claims to have gone through 10 or more replacement devices is either...

A. Lying.
    B. Is a moron on a variety of levels, including but not limited to, actually continuing to use a brand of device that has taken a sh!t on you 6 times, or just committing some insane amount of user error.
    I agree. The only other thing that I can think of is that people live so close to a VW store and after a couple of replacements their patience for even the smallest possible issue grows so small that they just keep bringing them back. (for all you grammar experts......that was a run-on sentence). Personally I live over a hour from the nearest store. I had sticky button problems from release day, hung in their, now thru various OS updates I have an awesome phone. Dare I say.....Perfect.
    Last edited by jiggyb; 04-12-10 at 06:30 AM.
    04-12-10 06:28 AM
    I love my s2 but I bought a 3g ipod touch because I spend too much time waiting at a train for my wife and my new BB sometimes played video sometimes not. I am fairly adept with computers and have 3 encoders on my hackintosh and 2 on my vista box, dependent on the os version, sometimes all worked (avid's) sometimes none...320 obviously being none at all. Tried so many things...
    So I grabbed the pod touch and I now regret not switching to att, especially when I almost did. I have been using ox on my pc for a year now and its amazing just like the ipod touch. I didn't know there was wifi at van cortlandt pk, bx why? S2 never even saw it but my touch connects in about 3 to 4 seconds anywhere I try it.
    If you've never used an iphone or itouch then u don't know what you r missing. My bb does email fantastic but multimedia not so much. Now people will say that's not what its for but I disagree, they certainly market it as the fun bb.
    All this and they haven't released the ipt3g jailnreak yet and I still love it. I do like surepress more than just touch though. Its not perfect but its much better than my S2 that's for damn sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.comv

Edit: I must also add that I am only comparing multimedia from s2 to itouch not the networks as I have only heard bad thongs about att. I guess I just wish that my bb worked as well not as pretty just friggin work as well as my itouch.
    Last edited by saoirse73; 04-12-10 at 06:42 AM.
    04-12-10 06:39 AM
    I love my s2 but I bought a 3g ipod touch......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.comv

Edit: I must also add that I am only comparing multimedia from s2 to itouch not the networks as I have only heard bad thongs about att. I guess I just wish that my bb worked as well not as pretty just friggin work as well as my itouch.
    I'm loving this thread....

but seriously, I'm really tempted now that OS 4.0 for the iphone is out..the only issue is the network that it runs on....
    04-12-10 07:08 AM
    My gf is still on AT&T so she has the iphone 3gs. Nice, pretty, lots of apps but no sale. Will stick to the storm. I get to see the side by side comparisons on a daily basis and yes I would have one by now if the storm didn't exist... But it does and I'm happy with it.

04-12-10 08:22 AM
    Agreed, thats why I didn't press the button on ATT website. Everyone I know says they get dropped calls and things like that and I think I've had 4 in 8 years or so...
    When and IF Verizon gets the iPhone then I will get it.

Interesting aside: I lived in the BX now in Yonkers, NY and live in work in and around NYC and I RARELY get 3G, however when I go upstate to Poughkeepsie and even Pleasant Valley (middle of nowhere) I get 3G all the time...very odd. In NYC I get it but even in the Bronx at like...242nd street I do not! That said, I don't really have any complaints about it most of the time unless opera times out or BB Browser doesn't load which is rare.
    My biggest problem is that even before my Ipod Touch I though the BB was way to slow to connect to wifi and if its on 1XEV and then I get a wifi connect it takes like FOREVER to straighten out in services and for me to see the boost on the web...

Again, the S2 is the most amazing phone I have ever used, it really is amazing but it just feels cluncky and slower compared to the Apple device.
    My brother played with my touch and he is actually going to stick with Verizon and get a droid until and if VW gets the iPhone...but he only recently (3 weeks) let me update his original Storm OS so I don't take his whims to seriously, **** he hated the storm for 2 years but did NOTHING to better it. Ive tried ever leak I could get and I THINK 517 may be the best, I didn't have any problems with 607 until I went to play with my themes and it refused to hold any settings at all when switched, before I could set it all up with a new OS if necessary then it would hold for the life of the OS, I cannot deal with customizing every time I switch... that and the viideo playback was better on 517 for me.
    04-12-10 08:30 AM
    I don't think it's a "keeping your battery CHARGED thing" as much as it is a "if for whatever reasons I had to REPLACE the battery thing"

...to me thats even worse. A 'what if' scenario So what your saying is, individuals want to know they can swap a battery out should anything go wrong?

I just dont think the hassle of carrying around two or more batteries is worth it. Plus its not like Apple dont provide a service should anything go wrong with the battery in the iPhone. Ok its a little on the expensive side, depending on how you look at it... but the point is; its still changeable.

FWIW Apple charge $79/ �55 excl shipping for an out of warranty battery replacement. (but bare in mind you might not never need it)

You can buy BlackBerry D-X1 batteries ranging from $29/ �15 to the more expensive seidio extended batt at $49.

So really, theres not much difference in cost.
    Last edited by The Gift; 04-12-10 at 09:07 AM.
    04-12-10 08:56 AM
    If Verizon gets the iphone, I will get it. I love my storm most of the time, but I can admit the only reason I got it is because my parents will pay for anything as long as it's still on their family plan.

The big thing for me is I can actually get my work emails forwarded directly to an iphone whereas I cannot with a blackberry (my institution claimed on their website that they could, but apparently they stopped using BES in favor of something that worked with the iphone.
    04-12-10 09:22 AM
    ...to me thats even worse. A 'what if' scenario So what your saying is, individuals want to know they can swap a battery out should anything go wrong?

I just dont think the hassle of carrying around two or more batteries is worth it. Plus its not like Apple dont provide a service should anything go wrong with the battery in the iPhone. Ok its a little on the expensive side, depending on how you look at it... but the point is; its still changeable.

FWIW Apple charge $79/ �55 excl shipping for an out of warranty battery replacement. (but bare in mind you might not never need it)

You can buy BlackBerry D-X1 batteries ranging from $29/ �15 to the more expensive seidio extended batt at $49.

Picked up a DX1 battery for $18. I can swap the battery as needed. You call a $61 difference plus sending your phone back as "not much of a difference"
    04-12-10 09:29 AM

You can get 2 OEM DX-1's and a little charger that charges USB and one battery for $13 CAD on eBay. That's a huge difference in cost. Also, your post doesn't really make sense. �55 is a lot more than �15. And you're saying that's not much difference?
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 04-12-10 at 10:20 AM.
    04-12-10 10:18 AM
    Agreed, thats why I didn't press the button on ATT website. Everyone I know says they get dropped calls and things like that and I think I've had 4 in 8 years or so...
    When and IF Verizon gets the iPhone then I will get it.

Interesting aside: I lived in the BX now in Yonkers, NY and live in work in and around NYC and I RARELY get 3G, however when I go upstate to Poughkeepsie and even Pleasant Valley (middle of nowhere) I get 3G all the time...very odd. In NYC I get it but even in the Bronx at like...242nd street I do not! That said, I don't really have any complaints about it most of the time unless opera times out or BB Browser doesn't load which is rare.
    My biggest problem is that even before my Ipod Touch I though the BB was way to slow to connect to wifi and if its on 1XEV and then I get a wifi connect it takes like FOREVER to straighten out in services and for me to see the boost on the web...

Again, the S2 is the most amazing phone I have ever used, it really is amazing but it just feels cluncky and slower compared to the Apple device.
    My brother played with my touch and he is actually going to stick with Verizon and get a droid until and if VW gets the iPhone...but he only recently (3 weeks) let me update his original Storm OS so I don't take his whims to seriously, **** he hated the storm for 2 years but did NOTHING to better it. Ive tried ever leak I could get and I THINK 517 may be the best, I didn't have any problems with 607 until I went to play with my themes and it refused to hold any settings at all when switched, before I could set it all up with a new OS if necessary then it would hold for the life of the OS, I cannot deal with customizing every time I switch... that and the viideo playback was better on 517 for me.
    You should try mp4 instead. they always play on every storm I've owned (I've had at least 5, since last year)
    04-12-10 11:00 AM
    Batteries for the iphone seem to go to junk right around the year mark from what i have seen with my friends who certainly charges 1 time atleast every night and maybe some during the day. So that is not even real heavy use
    04-12-10 12:04 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD