how many of you are thinking about jumping ship when/if the iphone comes to VZW
    Last edited by BLACKBERRYGEEKER; 04-10-10 at 12:53 PM.
    04-10-10 12:36 PM
    LOL! Not me. Never if it's on AT&T and even if it comes to Verizon, there are still things I like about the Storm2 that the iPhone, even in version 4.0 won't include. No sale.
    04-10-10 12:38 PM
    Your not going to find a bunch jumping ship. Those who are on BES servers and their company only supports Blackberrys (such as mine), an iPhone does me no good as I still cant get email.
    04-10-10 12:48 PM
    Excluding those that uses there phone for BES and work related issues
    04-10-10 12:51 PM
    I am shackled to my carrier. I don't think it's smart. Boo hoo. Maybe one day BB can handle video.
    04-10-10 12:51 PM
    I think the better question would be, would the iPhone suit your needs, not just jump ship because it can multitask. I got one so I can do the things I want that my Storm cannot do because of work restrictions. Still not a device I would consider using 9 to 5. I am going to an Android device when my AT&T account expires. Still not convinced it will come to Verizon.
    04-10-10 12:54 PM
    . Maybe one day bb can handle video.
    ??

-----------
    04-10-10 12:54 PM
    I've always loved the iPhone, i had it on ATT but switched back to my VZW family plan to safe money. If it comes to verizon i will get it in a heart beat, nothing against my Storm 2 the iPhone is just a much more "fun" phone to have.
    04-10-10 12:56 PM
    Nice phone just not for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 12:57 PM
    I've always loved the iPhone, i had it on ATT but switched back to my VZW family plan to safe money. If it comes to verizon i will get it in a heart beat, nothing against my Storm 2 the iPhone is just a much more "fun" phone to have.
    I have a Touch. that way i get the best of both worlds without having to go with AT&T or having a cell phone with a wimp-*** speaker or a non-tactile onscreen keyboard which I detest typing on. Despite the many iPhone fans, not EVERYONE wants a Jesus phone.
    04-10-10 12:58 PM
    i was playing around with 4.0 today for a bit. I like the way it does the multitasking actually. But over all 4.0 was not a huge leap in the cell phone world like many of the upgrades apple does every year. They play catch up with 4.0 with the rest of the phones like BB, android etc. It big steps for iphone users though for sure. Adding Enterprise is huge for them really. We see what happens over time and what trends we see with business picking up the iphone since it has it.
    04-10-10 01:00 PM
    i was playing around with 4.0 today for a bit. I like the way it does the multitasking actually. But over all 4.0 was not a huge leap in the cell phone world like many of the upgrades apple does every year. They play catch up with 4.0 with the rest of the phones like BB, android etc. It big steps for iphone users though for sure. Adding Enterprise is huge for them really. We see what happens over time and what trends we see with business picking up the iphone since it has it.
    4.0 will still have the irritating alerts that must be dismissed, correct? ie, you have to deal with the alert, before resuming your application.
    04-10-10 01:01 PM
    I have a Touch. that way i get the best of both worlds without having to go with AT&T or having a cell phone with a wimp-*** speaker or a non-tactile onscreen keyboard which I detest typing on. Despite the many iPhone fans, not EVERYONE wants a Jesus phone.
    Ive thought about getting a touch, but i think it would just annoy me to have two devices just so i can do all the things i want. Id much rather have one device that can do everything that i want.
    04-10-10 01:01 PM
    Ive thought about getting a touch, but i think it would just annoy me to have two devices just so i can do all the things i want. Id much rather have one device that can do everything that i want.
    I don't carry my touch around town like I used to. it's just at home now. before I got the storm, my touch went with me, along with a MiFi. it's not really redundant, but it's too much hardware to tote around. I wear an insulin pump and need to carry a bg meter, strips, and lancet, so the less other stuff I take with me, the better.
    04-10-10 01:03 PM
    you mean ads? yes i think every 30 minutes or something. I didnt see any in the time i was playing with it. Maybe they arent in the dev version IDK
    04-10-10 01:04 PM
    We see what happens over time and what trends we see with business picking up the iphone since it has it.
    We considered Apple when we left Palm, but the biggest issue was the price. Secondly since we have so many restrictions as far as what apps we can have (we don't even have stock games) and we can't even install things on our own without the assistance of IT. An iPhone at work would be lame.
    Last edited by jbdale; 04-10-10 at 01:09 PM.
    04-10-10 01:05 PM
    Maybe one day BB can handle video.
    Yeah what are you talking about? I don't have any issues with video.
    04-10-10 01:06 PM
    you mean ads? yes i think every 30 minutes or something. I didnt see any in the time i was playing with it. Maybe they arent in the dev version IDK
    if u are asking me, no, I mean alerts, like calendar alarms and other "alerts". in the current iphone OS, it's a pain when u get an alert, because the focus is on the alert and u MUST dismiss it before interacting with whatever app u were on. very stupid, for a company that prides itself on a slick UI.

I think that Apple has an superiority complex that ought to be knocked down a few notches.
    04-10-10 01:07 PM
    if u are asking me, no, I mean alerts, like calendar alarms and other "alerts". in the current iphone OS, it's a pain when u get an alert, because the focus is on the alert and u MUST dismiss it before interacting with whatever app u were on. very stupid, for a company that prides itself on a slick UI.

I think that Apple has an superiority complex that ought to be knocked down a few notches.

Yeah, it's pretty annoying
    04-10-10 01:09 PM

Yeah, it's pretty annoying
    i think that is still the same but i didnt get any alerts.

Oddly enough it just now rebooted while playing a song too lol
    04-10-10 01:17 PM
    The audio still sucks. I had the issue with the 3g and now the 3gs. I love watching movies on it, but have to keep it at a medium setting before it gets distorted. OS4 has nothing in it about this fix, if that is a problem for others. I have yet to have a reboot, but on occasion when playing a song it will pause and or skip to the next song in the list.
    04-10-10 01:28 PM
    I won't get it. I have a touch and many of the apps I've downloaded I haven't used more than once, which is really one of the main points of the iphone. And many other phones have been able to multitask and are able to do it on more than the newest model.

My attention is still drawn to the HTC Incredible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 02:09 PM
    Excluding those that uses there phone for BES and work related issues
    Jesus, BLACKBERRYGEEKER, take an ESL course already. You're starting to bother me.

1. "Excluding those that 'USE'", not "Excluding those that 'USES'"

2. There, their and they're:

Their – This form is possessive. It should be used to say something belongs to someone. Examples: Their daughter has blonde hair. Did you see their coach do an interview after the game?

It is incorrect to write: Their going to be out of town this weekend. Instead: They’re going to be out of town this weekend.

They’re – This is a contraction of the phrase they are. It should be used only when the words they are can be substituted. Examples: They’re playing against Tennessee this weekend. Do you know what car they’re driving?

It is incorrect to write: Is that seat over they’re taken? Instead: Is that seat over there taken?

There – This word indicates a place. It can be used to indicate a physical place or abstract place. Examples: The cat is over there by the couch. There is a coffee shop on the corner. There are many ways to make spaghetti.

It is incorrect to write: There not a very good team. Instead: They’re not a very good team.
    Last edited by neocaster; 04-10-10 at 02:34 PM. Reason: corrected grammar
    04-10-10 02:22 PM
    Jesus, BLACKBERRYGEEKER, take an ESL course already. You're starting to bother me.

1. "Excluding Those that 'USE'", not "Excluding tose that 'USES'"

.[/I]
    The funniest part of your post was where you misspelled "those". You wrote "tose". LOL! ever hear of cut and paste? <g>
    04-10-10 02:31 PM
    The funniest part of your post was where you misspelled "those". You wrote "tose". LOL! ever hear of cut and paste? <g>
    Ow. Mommy!
    04-10-10 02:35 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD