Now that I was very dissapointed with the Storm, I don't think I am going to get it. This sucks because Verizon has NO other phones that are good. I don't really want the curve, I don't think its worth $30 a month.

I already had the Dare and didn't really like it.

What are some other good phones?
    11-21-08 09:10 PM
    THE STORM!!! LOL! I was pretty disappointed right out of the box, mostly because of typing issues, but it really does get much better with practice!
    11-21-08 09:11 PM
    samsung omnia?
    11-21-08 09:11 PM
    If you don't like the Storm get a 8330 Curve instead.
    11-21-08 09:12 PM
    Re-provision the curve and wait.
    11-21-08 09:13 PM
    Now that I was very dissapointed with the Storm, I don't think I am going to get it. This sucks because Verizon has NO other phones that are good. I don't really want the curve, I don't think its worth $30 a month.

I already had the Dare and didn't really like it.

What are some other good phones?
    If I were you I might just wait till the next major storm os upgrade comes out. Then try one out...I have been on mine all day though, and have concluded that my capabilities on this phone have increased exponentially with time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 09:15 PM
    samsung saga? touch screen full qwerty opera mobile windows pro
    11-21-08 09:24 PM
    you know you want to jump ship and get a iphone! go get'em boy! lol don't know what all the ranting is about, love the storm, I don't have any issues that's been posted on this forum. Weird, I must have a super storm or something.
    11-21-08 09:29 PM
    they omnia looked like crap I watched all the videos reviews possible the samgsung saga seems to be looking like a phone that would do everything that you want it to do
    11-21-08 09:30 PM
    I will be interested in owner reviews of the Storm after they have them for a few days/weeks.

11-21-08 09:31 PM
    Really, dude, stick with the Storm for a couple more days and you'll probably end up liking it. Whats a few more days?
    11-21-08 09:32 PM
    No one pays membership fees here, right?

The Moderators run this board.............right?
    11-21-08 09:33 PM
    I will be interested in owner reviews of the Storm after they have them for a few days/weeks.

I acn givv yoou a rveww riight noow. Wht fo yoo want to knoww#

Posted from my VZW Storm at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 09:36 PM
    No one pays membership fees here, right?

The Moderators run this board.............right?
    I will assume you are referring to what I said. Again, unless you are actually contributing to the conversation....

Back to the OP I don't know much about that other Samsung, but I have played with the Omnia & I actually liked it alot. I think it would better suit what you are looking for than a touchscreen BB anyway.

Samsung Omnia begins landing at Verizon Stores, BGR readers begin drooling over live pics : Boy Genius Report
    11-21-08 09:41 PM
    I acn givv yoou a rveww riight noow. Wht fo yoo want to knoww#

I can give you a review as well...

Two can play at that game.

11-21-08 09:41 PM
    I agree and why come to a storm forum and dog it and ask storm users what is better? go to the BB dixcussion section and ask what BB is best if you don't want a BB then this isnt' the site for you. It gets annoying that people spend 10 min with a phone and decide they don't like it because of OS or typing. BB is NOT for you and you are not a crackberry addict, sorry!

Application Denied!!!

OR even better you could stay the fugg out of the conversation. How about you answer his post like you claim you came in here to do?

Seriously Kris, Since you bought a Dare, I think you should check out the Omnia. I still stand by my statement that you should stay FAR away from the Storm though. SERIOUSLY.
    11-21-08 09:46 PM
    how will a few more days speed up the os? As is feels like a porsche in the hand with a buick engine under the hood
    11-21-08 09:51 PM
    you seriously asking this question? because they will come out with a newer OS that's why. geez people act like the phone doesn't work, I can understand if that was the problem but to degrade a phone for something that can be upgraded or fixed not a big deal!

how will a few more days speed up the os? As is feels like a porsche in the hand with a buick engine under the hood
    11-21-08 09:53 PM
    Thread cleaned up. Lets play nice and respect each other. Any more and the thread will be closed.
    11-21-08 10:01 PM
    Like you did by telling him to STFU?

And look, now youre offering him solutions to his original question...

Keep back pedaling...

We done here? Think so.

Enjoy your evening.
    Actually I did just that. I had already told him earlier to try a friend's storm for a bit & then maybe even get a Curve. When he continued to rant I quickly retracted that because it is quite obviously to anyone with a brain that the Storm is NOT the phone for him. Some people are actually flexible enough to want to try new things & are actually receptive to the possibilities they bring. This OP on the other hand......

"Just because you don't like what a person said, doesn't mean what they said is NOT the TRUTH."
    11-21-08 10:01 PM
    Thread cleaned up. Lets play nice and respect each other. Any more and the thread will be closed.
    C'mon Garz, he can come in here & FLAME a device that many other people on the board are actually interested in or own & ENJOY, a device he doesn't even OWN or have free access to, but I cannot ask him what his problem is & why does he insists up constantly ranting about it in THREE DIFFERENT THREAD TOPICS??? And I'm the one who's being censored here?
    11-21-08 10:05 PM
    Just think way back to the first time you tried a qwerty keyboard with your thumbs, you thought it was pretty ridiculous right?? I know i did, i never thought i would use one very much, i would always much rather make a quick 20 second phone call then try to meticulously punch out a message...But they grow on you...you learn to adapt, you gain the muscle memory required to fly on that particular keyboard...

then your upgrade comes around. Do you guys remember what its like to switch phones, once you've finally mastered your qwerty, you go to a new qwerty?? Everything is new again, and no two keyboards can have the same size buttons, location, key shape or spacing. Did you give up though??

I have been on my storm all day and its all new again, once again my fingers and mind must train themselves...but they're starting too. I thought i was going to lose hope but you eventually gain a rhythm. I believe even power users can use a storm to replace their current bb, the only question is whether they are willing to spend a couple days learning to...
    11-21-08 10:08 PM
    C'mon Garz, he can come in here & FLAME a device that many other people on the board are actually interested in or own & ENJOY, a device he doesn't even OWN or have free access to, but I cannot ask him what his problem is & why does he insists up constantly ranting about it in THREE DIFFERENT THREAD TOPICS??? And I'm the one who's being censored here?
    This was not targeted just at you. It was at everybody.
    11-21-08 10:09 PM
    Come on, I have just been waiting for the release of this phone for so long, wasting much of my time obsessing over this site, and I just feel let down.
    I think you are just being a little rude, calm down, as it is just my opinion and if you don't like it you should just move on. I apologize if I have wasted so much of your time that you have to keep coming back here and posting, but it was only a quick opinion.
    11-21-08 10:11 PM
    This was not targeted just at you. It was at everybody.
    I know its not personal but OMG I had just gotten tired with his incessant ranting. He wants to post that he HATES a device then he can take some return venom.
    11-21-08 10:12 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD