i realise now that the reason my phone would not update is bcos its a 9500, not 9530...

but anyway i tried to update with 9530 software and now my phone is dead.

when it turns on i get a white screen saying fatal error 523

i cant connect it to my pc because the phone wont turn on and i tried the jl_cdmr prog but gues what when it tries to connect to my phone, it cant...

please help i am now phoneless
    03-20-09 10:19 AM
    Does your phone say error 507? That means there is NOTHING on your phone. Just go back into DM after that and reload your ORIGINAL OS (delete all other OS's from control panel->add/remove programs).
    03-20-09 10:21 AM
    Does your phone say error 507? That means there is NOTHING on your phone. Just go back into DM after that and reload your ORIGINAL OS (delete all other OS's from control panel->add/remove programs).

error 523

i cant go on DM bcos i cant connect my phone to my pc it wont turn on, when i turn my phone on it goes to the error screen
    03-20-09 10:23 AM
    Try another wipe with JL. You might have successfully bricked your berry
    03-20-09 10:25 AM
    03-20-09 10:27 AM
    Some people have had luck in pulling the battery out, leaving it out and connecting to DM.

After it is connected using the USB cable the battery then can be re-inserted.

Just a shot in the dark. Good luck
    03-20-09 10:28 AM
    So ur saying you knew how to wipe the phone, what os build to load onto it, and how to work dm...but you didn't know what your device model was? As far as I'm concerned its bricked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 10:30 AM
    Some people have had luck in pulling the battery out, leaving it out and connecting to DM.

After it is connected using the USB cable the battery then can be re-inserted.

Just a shot in the dark. Good luck
    you sir, may be a legend
    03-20-09 10:33 AM
    WOW!! I feel sorry for you bro!

I would just take it back and tell them that it did that on its own..
    03-20-09 10:33 AM
    So ur saying you knew how to wipe the phone, what os build to load onto it, and how to work dm...but you didn't know what your device model was? As far as I'm concerned its bricked.

Easy, n0t0ryus1, we all brainfart sometimes.......
    When you plug in, can you open JL and will it recognize it?
    03-20-09 10:34 AM
    you sir, may be a legend
    Thanks but only in my own mind
    03-20-09 10:37 AM
    I read a thread on here a while back about how to fix a burned phone. I would suggest searching the forums for the term "burned" as that was the word the poster used. He gave very detailed instructions for how to recover a phone that had been burned, at least in the way he had burned his. Hope it helps.
    03-20-09 10:39 AM
    I read a thread on here a while back about how to fix a burned phone. I would suggest searching the forums for the term "burned" as that was the word the poster used. He gave very detailed instructions for how to recover a phone that had been burned, at least in the way he had burned his. Hope it helps.
    Not burned, bricked.

03-20-09 10:49 AM
    Read and follow this article, timing as the article says is very important but it WILL allow the device to connect and reload the OS:
    View Document
    03-20-09 10:51 AM
    Look here http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

and http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Read the complete threads before trying

As doughdaddy said
    Read and follow this article, timing as the article says is very important but it WILL allow the device to connect and reload the OS:
    Timing is important .. you may have to try a few time ( or more ) in order to succeed ... stay calm and ... Good luck !
    Last edited by Briard; 03-20-09 at 11:04 AM.
    03-20-09 10:53 AM
    Hey baaaalliiin
    Any luck on the recovery?
    03-20-09 01:38 PM
    I had the same error code before and couldn't connect to DM. Here is what worked:
    Open task manager > Processes > End process for anything associated with RIM, Blackberry or DM. > Re-connect and it found my phone and updated.
    03-20-09 02:02 PM
    Gosh, if only we thought of the simpler things first.......
    Glad you got it worked out!
    03-20-09 04:25 PM
    hey guys I want to say a massive thankyou to every1 on crackberry, i have just fixed my phone and would not have done it without your help. Its fantastic how helpfull everybody has been on both threads i made.
    Not only did i fix my phone I also updated it to .113 (yes it is a 9500 model) which if any1 saw my other thread this is the reason i broke my phone cos i wanted 2 uodate it lol.

the way i fixed it for future reference was using LTApilots's battery trick to get jl_cmdr working, once my phone was wiped i managed to re-install the OS and now everything is fine

thanks again because it was a combination of everyones posts which helped me to fix it, which was very lucky as i swear i was 5 minutes from throwing it through the window!!!

hope i can be assitance to you lot in the future but i doubt it lol cos blackberry's are clearly not my speciality
    03-20-09 05:50 PM
    I am glad that it is working again

You may want to change your device model in your profile
    * you still show 9530 * -- That may help next time - people will not send you download the wrong files !

Have a great week end !
    03-20-09 06:10 PM
    hey guys I want to say a massive thankyou to every1 on crackberry, i have just fixed my phone and would not have done it without your help. Its fantastic how helpfull everybody has been on both threads i made.
    Not only did i fix my phone I also updated it to .113 (yes it is a 9500 model) which if any1 saw my other thread this is the reason i broke my phone cos i wanted 2 uodate it lol.

the way i fixed it for future reference was using LTApilots's battery trick to get jl_cmdr working, once my phone was wiped i managed to re-install the OS and now everything is fine

thanks again because it was a combination of everyones posts which helped me to fix it, which was very lucky as i swear i was 5 minutes from throwing it through the window!!!

hope i can be assitance to you lot in the future but i doubt it lol cos blackberry's are clearly not my speciality
    And that, my friend is the beauty of this addiction.......I mean, website
    03-20-09 06:13 PM
    which was very lucky as i swear i was 5 minutes from throwing it through the window!!!
    If it happens again, post here and we will see if we can set you up with some very reasonably priced double glazing installers in your area!
    Last edited by kriptikchicken; 03-20-09 at 06:48 PM.
    03-20-09 06:46 PM
    And that, my friend is the beauty of this addiction.......I mean, website
    Ahhh, nice to see help around these parts for a change.

Its people helping people, and its a beautiful thing!
    03-20-09 06:51 PM
    If it happens again, post here and we will see if we can set you up with some very reasonably priced double glazing installers in your area!
    haha it wont happen again, i wont be attempting to update my OS again anytime soon.... (joking!)
    03-20-09 06:52 PM

This is the most worthless post ever. Why be a di*k about it? Everybody started somewhere. Glad you got your phone working baaaallllliiiiinnnn. (sp?)
    03-20-09 07:19 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD