noticed something fishy about the review*

In their review of the 9500 back in October, engadget.com/2008/10/08/blackberry-storm-9500-hands-on/
    they said they were "in love" with the surepress keyboard and would "pit it against regular button-based keyboards." now, they say they're not really feeling it. what's up with that? i have always thought engadget had the most objective reviews and the most useful. but this clear contradiction is quite troublesome to me. anybody else?
    Last edited by smatyas; 11-20-08 at 12:33 PM.
    11-20-08 12:12 PM
    Absolutely. Nice catch. Not sure how the site is run. Maybe they have multiple reviewers and the newest reviewer didn't do their homework on previous reviews???
    At the very least it is sloppy.
    11-20-08 12:13 PM
    yeah, the reviews are done by two different people, but you would think that they might talk to each other at some point, or address their previous thoughts in the new review. disappointing.
    11-20-08 12:19 PM
    Absolutely. Nice catch. Not sure how the site is run. Maybe they have multiple reviewers and the newest reviewer didn't do their homework on previous reviews???
    At the very least it is sloppy.
    Totally agree... nice catch
    11-20-08 12:24 PM
    No conspiracy.

Last time they had a brief hands-on. As many reviewers have stated, in a brief hands-on the screen seems great.

Once the reviewers get the hang of it, though, they hate it. In brief hands-on the limitation is the user, as they're new. After a while they get used to it and the limitation becomes the screen itself - you need to wait for it to come back up before you can type another letter, and some areas of the screen take a significant amount of force.

What, you guys have never loved something for the first few minutes it was around then learned that, after a while, the novelty wore off and it kind of sucked?
    11-20-08 12:35 PM
    What, you guys have never loved something for the first few minutes it was around then learned that, after a while, the novelty wore off and it kind of sucked?
    Yeah, my ex-girlfriend.

Zing!
    11-20-08 12:45 PM
    Yeah, my ex-girlfriend.

Zing!
    the joke of the days ladies and gents.......lol good one
    11-20-08 12:49 PM
    "the true test of any touch-based phone is typing, and we won't hold any punches here: we're in love."

That's what he said in the first hands-on.
    11-20-08 12:52 PM
    same with phone dog ... he also said " i think we have a winner" and now he is saying nope ... lol
    11-20-08 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD