So I am assuming today is not the day for the new OS? Kinda figured
    04-01-09 02:45 PM
    at least not yet - we can keep hoping though!
    04-01-09 02:46 PM
    Acceptance is the first step...
    04-01-09 02:47 PM
    No shot in ****

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 02:49 PM
    Acceptance is the first step...
    I don't think it will tomorrow either

04-01-09 02:52 PM
    At least the App Store's up..
    04-01-09 02:56 PM
    the day isn't over yet....
    04-01-09 03:04 PM
    LOL.. Yeah dont hold your breath too long for .113 haha
    04-01-09 03:22 PM
    Well its 5:03 pm eastern so Nadda Today ! I would be happier with a Leak !
    04-01-09 04:03 PM
    Yeah, this is true bull****. RIM needs to step the **** up and get a new official release out. The phone has been out for over 4 months now and STILL on the original SLOOOOOOW and buggy .75 is BS. Granted, i'm using the newer leaks/hybrids but everyday that goes by the RIM name goes farther and farther down.
    04-01-09 04:14 PM
    Yeah, this is true bull****. RIM needs to step the **** up and get a new official release out. The phone has been out for over 4 months now and STILL on the original SLOOOOOOW and buggy .75 is BS. Granted, i'm using the newer leaks/hybrids but everyday that goes by the RIM name goes farther and farther down.
    you sir need to step the ::bleep:: up and learn how this whole release process works. its not RIM holding back the OSes, its Verizon. they decide when to release them, not RIM.
    04-01-09 04:21 PM
    Looks like the April Fools is on us for holding out hope.
    04-01-09 04:26 PM
    you sir need to step the ::bleep:: up and learn how this whole release process works. its not RIM holding back the OSes, its Verizon. they decide when to release them, not RIM.
    But RIM could give VZW a competent OS to begin with, how about that? Or listen to VZW's recommendations...
    04-01-09 04:28 PM
    But RIM could give VZW a competent OS to begin with, how about that? Or listen to VZW's recommendations...
    Eff Verizon for supporting this phone when it was so obviously flawed, and Eff RIM for not getting it right the first time. Yeah everything has bugs when it first comes out, but damn...I guess they don't really care since so many of the damn things have been sold.
    04-01-09 04:34 PM
    the day isn't over yet....
    That's the Spirit... mhhhh what month are we in again...?
    04-01-09 04:35 PM
    First of all I dont really understand this obsession with OS patches. Do you guys sit around waiting for Windows updates or support packs, and get real excited when they are released? Ive seen the supposed release notes for the BB patch, and we already have just about all of it with the leaks that we've installed. I didnt see anything on the list that would make me care very much about it, not much new there than what I already have.

Second, every date thats been mentioned as the 'official relase date' has come and gone, none of these posters has any more info than the rest of us. They just like to feel that they have some inside info, because so many people on this forum seem to believe everything they read.

We'll get an OS patch eventually, but I have a feeling itll be awhile, and I am pretty sure that as soon as we get it we will start complaining about how much is still missing!
    04-01-09 04:49 PM
    First of all I dont really understand this obsession with OS patches. Do you guys sit around waiting for Windows updates or support packs, and get real excited when they are released? Ive seen the supposed release notes for the BB patch, and we already have just about all of it with the leaks that we've installed. I didnt see anything on the list that would make me care very much about it, not much new there than what I already have.

Second, every date thats been mentioned as the 'official relase date' has come and gone, none of these posters has any more info than the rest of us. They just like to feel that they have some inside info, because so many people on this forum seem to believe everything they read.

We'll get an OS patch eventually, but I have a feeling itll be awhile, and I am pretty sure that as soon as we get it we will start complaining about how much is still missing!

I am afraid you are right.
    04-01-09 04:54 PM
    As someone else posted, RIM is not holding up any official release. OS revisions for the Storm are much higher than what Storm carriers are testing. Regardless, carriers will test the software extensively before releasing it to the public.

FYI: Vodafone UK is currently testing .118 and higher. 9500 users should expect an official release(.118 or slightly higher) relatively soon.
    04-01-09 05:09 PM
    Its always nice to hear these things, especially from a very reliable source

As someone else posted, RIM is not holding up any official release. OS revisions for the Storm are much higher than what Storm carriers are testing. Regardless, carriers will test the software extensively before releasing it to the public.

FYI: Vodafone UK is currently testing .118 and higher. 9500 users should expect an official release(.118 or slightly higher) relatively soon.
    04-01-09 05:14 PM

Guess we will soon see what .118 java files do to .113.

04-01-09 05:20 PM
    I don't care what the release version is personally. Just long as there are some significant improvements

04-01-09 05:20 PM
    If you are currently on .75 youll probably like what you see; if you are already on .109 or .113 I doubt youll even notice.
    04-01-09 05:26 PM

You can try and explain how it works to the folks in here until you're blue in the face, and they'll still try and tell you you're wrong. You'd be surprised (or perhaps you've already noticed) how many times i've had to point out that .113 IS .113; and if it becomes OFFICIAL, it's not going to be a "NEW" .113; but the same one we've been running.

And then people come back and say "Yeah, but we're running a BETA version of .113; not the FINAL version"..... Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to get people to understand how OS versioning works.
    04-01-09 05:28 PM
    the actual testing script for VZW usually takes a week or two anyway, so even if they get a new OS soon it'll be awhile till they approve anything.
    04-01-09 05:32 PM
    at leats we are still not on .65
    04-01-09 05:35 PM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD