Ran across this deal this morning, thought it sounded pretty good. TomTom GPS for 60 bucks plus shipping...

1 Sale A Day, Daily Deal

Just thought I would share. I bought mine less than a year ago for over a hundred. There are certainly better units out there, but its simple and does the job.
    06-01-09 09:14 AM
    TomToms are great for JUST that reason, Pricej, they are simple and easy to use. My folks just got one for my 17 year old niece for that reason.
    06-01-09 10:05 AM
    It's $59.95 plus $5 shipping. It's also refurb and therefore not sure about getting current maps (what ships with it has been found to be quite stale).

You can find enhanced version, with Text-to-speech for $79.99 (after $20 rebate) at Amazon with free shipping: Tom-Tom One-S

For $15 more, getting new (which then includes map update for free) plus Text to Speech is worth it for me, plus I think better warranty (1 year vs 6 month on refurb).
    06-01-09 02:17 PM
    LOL, I figured someone would post something like this. Again, this may not be the best solution for everyone, but for someone wanting a basic GPS that does this job, this will get it done.

I have the same unit, I bought it refurbished and it hasnt let me down yet. And I'm willing to bet you can find maps on the internet somewhere for free
    06-01-09 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD