Any idea why i get some email coming into my berry and some dont?
    Do i need to change settings smewhere?

Its not work related, its a hotmail acct.
    02-09-09 12:49 PM
    go to email set up and log in, then send your service books again

this sorts out and aligns most email push probs
    02-09-09 12:50 PM
    or do a search on this topic. i never understood why so many people go made when people didnt search untill i posted this same responce 6 or 7 times.

i had the same issue and sometimes simply sendying youyr service books dont work. you will either have to wipe your email accound info from your device or call data tech support and have them do it. then you set up your account again and send your books. that will saove all issues with email
    02-09-09 12:57 PM
    What do you mean by send your books?

My hotmail account works fine but neither my yahoo or my gmail accounts recieve mail. Am I limited to one http email account at a time?
    02-09-09 12:59 PM
    go to email set up and log in, then send your service books again

this sorts out and aligns most email push probs

thanks ricky, but its still not going through.
    regular emailsgo through smetimes but the ones with attachments never do
    02-09-09 01:04 PM
    or do a search on this topic. i never understood why so many people go made when people didnt search untill i posted this same responce 6 or 7 times.

i had the same issue and sometimes simply sendying youyr service books dont work. you will either have to wipe your email accound info from your device or call data tech support and have them do it. then you set up your account again and send your books. that will saove all issues with email
    I'll try to wipe it but i tried that already. I dont have any permission set or anything. And when i called them they said everything looks fine on their part.
    02-09-09 01:06 PM
    If all your accounts on the BIS site look like they are configured fine and you have resent the service books, call up VZW tech support and ask if RIM is having an outage. That MIGHT be the reason why you are not getting some emails.

The other alternative would be to do what a person here suggested if there is indeed no outage reported - delete the account and set it up again.
    02-09-09 01:07 PM
    What do you mean by send your books?

My hotmail account works fine but neither my yahoo or my gmail accounts recieve mail. Am I limited to one http email account at a time?
    No, u can have 10 if u want.

Go to setup/email setup/login/click the BB button scroll down and click on send books.

It kinda refreshes your acct. works for some and doesnt for others. worth giving it a try
    02-09-09 01:09 PM
    Rather than setting up the Gmail account through the BIS, I just download the app for Gmail from Google.com on your blackberry browser, once it installs it will put the gmail mailbox icon in your list. i'd personally rather use this than creating the other mailbox.

hope this helps!
    02-09-09 01:15 PM
    Thank You!!
    02-09-09 01:17 PM
    forget all the advice, cos been there and done it, call carrier and subscribe to a data pack, it will work in 5mins.
    02-09-09 04:26 PM
    Yesterday at about the same time this thread was started, my gmail stopped pushing to my curve. I tried all the usual things, sending service books, pulling the battery, deleting the email account and re-establishing it. This resulted in intermittent service. I would get a few messages and it would stop again. I called my carrier last night to no avail. They forwarded my call to RIM who could not resolve the issue.

Suddenly this morning I got an email from donotreply-at-blackberry.com that my gmail password was incorrect. I can say with certainty that it was not entered incorrectly because I was getting intermittent messages. My guess is that it was setup again by them and the password needed to be entered again.

It worked for a while this morning and now is down again and I stumbled onto this thread. Just curious if anyone else has tried everything and still having the issue.

My setup: Curve 8900, Tmobile, Gmail, IMAP
    Last edited by bstringy; 02-10-09 at 01:49 PM.
    02-10-09 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD