Ok so this must be a setting somewhere but I cant seem to find it. It has been happening for the past week that I dont get ANY emails between around 8am-6pm. Come 6ish I get ALL the emails that were sent to me that day. After that I am getting emails right away like it normally would.

Very Frustrating

Anyone have any Ideas?

TIA

-Josh

oh yeah i am on .607 if that matters
    04-20-10 12:56 PM
    do you use outlook? or are you on a Enterprise Server?
    04-20-10 01:03 PM
    Nope I am using BIS. And this is all my accounts through them.

Ok now you got me thinking and I checked my blackberry internet services and it says "not connected"
    04-20-10 01:09 PM
    what kind of email account? gmail, yahoo, outlook, etc. are you on BES meaning is your phone owned by the company you work for. do you have any apps installed?
    04-20-10 01:11 PM
    I checked my blackberry internet services and it says "not connected"
    Are you in an area where you get shady signal (meaning, maybe at work you don't get very good signal)?

Do you use WiFi at work? sometimes if you use WiFi it won't always connect properly.

Go to options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>bbkey> Register now, and then check to see if you are connected
    04-20-10 01:16 PM
    ok so connect all your accounts again, and then go to HELP>Send Service Books. Also if you are using OutLook go to the settings and choose to leave the emails on the server.
    04-20-10 01:22 PM
    Ok I tried sending the service books... nothing

Did a battery pull and everything is back to normal!!! Yay! For some reason my BIS was down.

Funny thing is that I thought it was down only between 8-6 because during those times I am at work... away from my wifi connection. So as soon as I got home my wifi connected and I would get all the emails :lol:

thanks for all the help guys, I wouldnt have figured this out for a while on my own
    04-20-10 01:31 PM

Did a battery pull and everything is back to normal!!! Yay! For some reason my BIS was down.

Funny thing is that I thought it was down only between 8-6 because during those times I am at work... away from my wifi connection. So as soon as I got home my wifi connected and I would get all the emails :lol:

thanks for all the help guys, I wouldnt have figured this out for a while on my own
    A battery pull, believe it or not, is step one on the RIM troubleshooting guides. Anytime you're having a problem give it a quick battery pull and see if it persists.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 03:45 PM
    This happened to me yesterday. The night before, all was well, had my profile set to "Phone Calls Only" as usual. Yesterday morning, I was shocked to see no emails (I'm self employed and I usually wake to at least 6 or more emails every morning). As I was sitting down to have my first cup o' joe, I hit the browser to read the morning news and got the message about "no data connection." I tried calling my house phone and that worked fine. So, I logged on to my BB account from my home computer and resent the Service Books. I waited..waited, waited..nothing. I also resent the Host Routing and still, nothing. Finally, did a battery pull and voila...everything worked just fine. Weird!

Pvlii: You're right, but I just SO detest doing battery pulls. There's something intrinsically wrong with that, lol. That and the wait time is just frustrating. I'm so happy with the S2. I went from once or twice daily pulls on the S1 to going weeks on the S2 with no pulls or reboots unless I was installing or uninstalling an app.

04-20-10 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD