tryin to download some apps and it says my devive does not have enough memory, and i dont have much on my phone, is there a way to save it to the card? if not how do i delete my languages?
    04-01-09 12:43 PM
    no, you cannot run apps from the memory card. RIM did this intentionally so that you can't share memory cards with your friends to avoid paying for apps. It really does suck though.
    04-01-09 12:56 PM
    I have had the same issue and I am highly confused. I am confused because if you go into Options -> Memory you see three memory figures:

Application Memory
    Device Memory
    Media Card

Last I remember we were supposed to have 1GB of built in memory on our storms (this seems to fall in line with the numbers I see for the Device Memory). Then we have 8GB for our Media Card (again the numbers work out).

What I can only assume Application Memory means is how much RAM you have available for running applications (similar to your computer systems RAM where the more you have running the less RAM you have available).

So far if all that's true I am cool with it and I understand.

Where I start to get confused is when I try to download something and it says I do not have enough memory, when I get this message if I check my Application memory it is at 0MB so I turn off, batt pull, and boot up then go back to the download and it will download (on bootup my application memory is around 13-15MB) and I have 870 MB FREE of the 879 MB of Device Memory, so my confusion is what does the amount of RAM (if that's what indeed it is) have to do with whether I can download something to my device memory? Are all downloads being cached into Application memory before passed to device memory? If so does anyone else find this horribly poor design?

Also, I assume that Application memory is equivalent to system RAM in your PC because as my day progresses I leak more and more application memory away and can't get it all back till I batt pull.

Does anyone else experience this or have any thoughts to help clear up this confusion?

What SHOULD my application memory be at and should it leak to 0MB within 3-6 hours of starting up my phone? I sure hope not because if my assumptions are correct then there are some severely detrimental memory leaks in this OS

I should also note I am running leaked .99 firmware
    04-01-09 01:11 PM
    I had same issue last week downloading tv listings for my av shadow. Luckily for me, a power cycle did the trick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD