Hi all,

The fact that I can't individually Hide Sent Messages between Email and SMS/MMS is bugging me a lot. I like that fact that I can keep record of "sent" texts so that as I text back and forth it reads like the conversation. But with email it sends the email then sends me another email confirming it sent. So in my email folder and my messages folder I have 4 total messages showing up (two composed and two sent confirmations). Why did they design it that you can't just change it in the General Settings for each messaging system instead of changing the setting for everything.

Am I missing something? Is there a way around this?

Hope this makes sense.
    02-26-09 11:28 AM
    Choose which e-maill account you want to change then press the menu key and choose Options. Set it up the way you want to from there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 11:33 AM
    Choose which e-maill account you want to change then press the menu key and choose Options. Set it up the way you want to from there

That's what I'm talking about I do select my email then

blackberry button>options>general options>hide sent messgages>yes

But when I do that it changes it for BOTH email and texts. I want to see the sent messages for texts but NOT email. It won't let me change the setting individually. I've done battery pulls you name it and it won't work. It's extremely frustrating.

I've ever tried

email>blackberry button>email settings>confirm delivery>off

The same thing still happens.
    02-26-09 11:47 AM
    There are three seetings that need to be set to No
    Confirm Delivery
    Confirm Read
    Send Read Reciept

These are in Email Setting and are sent for EACH email account
    02-26-09 12:45 PM
    There are three seetings that need to be set to No
    Confirm Delivery
    Confirm Read
    Send Read Reciept

These are in Email Setting and are sent for EACH email account
    Changed these all to no already and still the same thing.

Any other suggestions?

02-26-09 01:18 PM
    Did you add bis filter for your email account? Not sure if you mean you are getting a copy of the sent message or not?
    02-26-09 01:34 PM
    Did you add bis filter for your email account? Not sure if you mean you are getting a copy of the sent message or not?
    What is BIS filter? Does that have to do with it being linked to a work email address? I don't have that if that's what you are asking. I just have 1 single personal email account.

Yes I am getting a copy of the sent emails I send. One to my email folder and one to my messages folder. So every time I send an email there are 4 total copies of the email. The SENT email and the COPY email in my email folder and then again the same in my message folder.
    02-26-09 06:17 PM
    If u do a search on these forums for gmail duplicate you will see how to access bis and insert a filter
    To block the duplicate sorry I would shoot u the link and go into more depth, but
    I am put at dinner. If u don't find it post back and I will help more when I get back. Sorry wife is telling
    Me to put down the phone. Lol

02-26-09 06:40 PM
    If u do a search on these forums for gmail duplicate you will see how to access bis and insert a filter
    To block the duplicate
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/
    02-26-09 06:42 PM
    Never mind held off the wife so I could find it

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/gma...s-78-a-167807/

Hope this helps!

02-26-09 06:45 PM
    ok so I went to register my BIS account and it says my account already exists. I haven't created an account before. So how am I supposed to know my username and password?
    Last edited by 03formeh; 03-01-09 at 04:09 PM.
    03-01-09 03:48 PM
    Run the Email Setup app on the BB. Hit Menu/Create Username. Then use this username and password on the PC based BIS website. This has been covered before BTW.
    03-01-09 04:28 PM
    thanks for all the help everyone I got it taken care of now
    03-02-09 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD