Just upgraded to .109 a couple days ago and my memory is acting funny. After a pull it hovers around 35MB. Then it starts to fluctuate and slowly dwindle. I'm down to 21MB right now, got as low as 18.

I close all programs that I have running with the exception of the 4 that show up when you press the Blackberry key.

Other than a battery pull, what can I do to restore some memory on .109? The phone has been on for about 2.5-3 days. When is a good time to do a battery reset?
    03-04-09 05:18 PM
    I removed several apps that I don't use and that greatly increased my memory. Look over on the "How To" threads and you will see what you can do.

I'm at 52 after a reboot and I use quickpull at 5:00 am.
    03-04-09 05:31 PM
    You have any themes installed? I removed the 2 i installed and my memory leak is totally gone. Holding at 43MB for the part couple hours usually it would be at 30 or so now.
    03-04-09 05:42 PM
    defintly get rid of any apps you dont use

like aim , yahoo , you can always reinstall if you decide to use them , ( be careful dont get rid of any BB programs such as messenger or maps ) i heard if you get rid of those you are opening a whole other can of worms
    03-04-09 05:46 PM
    Just upgraded to .109 a couple days ago and my memory is acting funny. After a pull it hovers around 35MB. Then it starts to fluctuate and slowly dwindle. I'm down to 21MB right now, got as low as 18.

I close all programs that I have running with the exception of the 4 that show up when you press the Blackberry key.

Other than a battery pull, what can I do to restore some memory on .109? The phone has been on for about 2.5-3 days. When is a good time to do a battery reset?
    Who cares how much memory you have if the phone is working properly?
    03-04-09 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD