Damn. A great Storm is lost today Worked perfect on .103 with no hardware issues. But after crawling under my buddies truck helping him work on it, I notice a long S shaped crack starting at the top right corner and snaking down to the bottom left corner. Never filed an insurance claim before. Can anyone tell me what I need to do?
    PS Those of you going naked like I was....Don't crawl under your buddies trucks (or learn from my mistake and DONT GO NAKED)
    02-21-09 04:26 PM
    Is that what that shrill cry of agony was that I heard earlier?
    Sorry this happened to you! I hope you get a replacement that is as good as what you had.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 04:49 PM
    Yah that was prolly me. Totally sucks dude. The replacement will be my 3rd storm and i gotta say, compared to others on here I've been pretty happy with both of mine, except for the dirt in the original
    02-21-09 04:56 PM
    Call VZW, ask for Asurion's 800 number. Call them and get a replacement. It'll cost you $50.

Then bill your friend.
    02-21-09 04:58 PM
    Haha, my bud is broke, thats why i was helpin him fix his junk in the first place. Will they disable my phone immediately or can I request to keep it active until I get my replacement?
    02-21-09 04:59 PM
    Haha, my bud is broke, thats why i was helpin him fix his junk in the first place. Will they disable my phone immediately or can I request to keep it active until I get my replacement?
    You typically only activate the new device once you receive it, i.e. your cracked phone will stay live.
    02-21-09 05:02 PM
    Ok cool thanks for the help, and ill try to remember to take a pic off my wifes curve and post it so yall can feel my pain
    02-21-09 05:09 PM
    Never work on cars or cook bacon naked.
    02-21-09 05:10 PM
    might not cost you. go into a verizon store and talk face to face. my friend has broken three damn screens and had them all replaced.
    02-21-09 05:11 PM
    Never work on cars or cook bacon naked.
    Wow thanks for the laugh I needed that
    02-21-09 05:13 PM
    Seriously, it's just a cracked screen. There's a little shop around the spot here called "Wireless Heaven" or something and they can fix damn near anything wrong with your cell. Granted, it wasnt' a Storm, but a few years ago when I had a Razr, I dropped it and cracked the screen. They fixed it for 20 bucks or something. Look into fixing the screen before getting a replacement.
    02-21-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD