Hi Guys, I have just taken the plunge and got a Blackberry Storm from Ebay supposedly unlocked in place of my iphone.
    I cannot setup email or browser, I phoned O2 who said it registered on vodafone and they can't help, I need to get an O2 O/S and then it can be sorted. Where can I get this, the lists don't list a 9500 and having never done anything like this I don't know what i am doing, oh and my desktop is a mac!

Anyone care to walk me through this????? Please!
    03-25-09 12:03 PM
    start by reading all the newbie sticky threads.

good luck.
    03-25-09 12:05 PM
    start by reading all the newbie sticky threads.

good luck.
    Have you even read the forum rules???

Avatars, User Names, Signatures, General Posting Guidelines
    Member User Names and Avatars must be appropriate for a Public Forum of all ages. If the moderation team does not feel your Avatar or User Name is appropriate you will kindly be asked to change it (User Name will be changed to one of your choosing by Administration). Username changes can be made by an Executive moderator. Username changes are only granted in the case where a member accidentally registers with an inappropriate username (something offensive that must be changed, a full name or email address) or a special circumstance requires a change absolutely necessary. You may contact sitesupport @ crackberry.com to request this change.
    03-25-09 12:11 PM
    Already done that before posting a question!

Now I am totally confused with tired eyes
    03-25-09 12:11 PM
    if you're on a mac, i suggest going ahead and setting up vmfusion or bootcamp with a windows partition, it'll end up being the best thing you can do for now with updates and such. as for the rest of your problem, I can't really help you with that, other than when you do get the windows installed, and everything else installed for your bb, download a leak, delete the vendor.xml file, and try that. otherwise, make sure your esn for the phone isn't blacklisted (on a lost/stolen list for vodaphone)
    03-25-09 12:15 PM
    Hi Guys, I have just taken the plunge and got a Blackberry Storm from Ebay supposedly unlocked in place of my iphone.
    I cannot setup email or browser, I phoned O2 who said it registered on vodafone and they can't help, I need to get an O2 O/S and then it can be sorted. Where can I get this, the lists don't list a 9500 and having never done anything like this I don't know what i am doing, oh and my desktop is a mac!

Anyone care to walk me through this????? Please!
    First the phone it sounds like it is still tied to Voda.
    Second You have a MAC as do I and you need VMware or Bootcamp with windows (XP preferred)
    Third you will need to unlock your phone when you get one and two figured out. (which may prove quite hard if the phone is still registered with Voda.)
    03-25-09 12:16 PM
    Have you even read the forum rules???

Avatars, User Names, Signatures, General Posting Guidelines
    Member User Names and Avatars must be appropriate for a Public Forum of all ages. If the moderation team does not feel your Avatar or User Name is appropriate you will kindly be asked to change it (User Name will be changed to one of your choosing by Administration). Username changes can be made by an Executive moderator. Username changes are only granted in the case where a member accidentally registers with an inappropriate username (something offensive that must be changed, a full name or email address) or a special circumstance requires a change absolutely necessary. You may contact sitesupport @ crackberry.com to request this change.
    Already been done, thanks. Just waiting for the site to change it.

My new name is DirtyBerry.
    03-25-09 12:27 PM
    Already been done, thanks. Just waiting for the site to change it.

My new name is DirtyBerry.
    Wasn't trying to be a **** just letting you know some folks would find it offensive like I did.....

Cool appreciate it man.... PS the **** was j-e-r-k-
    03-25-09 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD