Here are some useful pointers for installing a ZAGG invisishield to your new BB Storm 2. It might apply to other brands, but I don't know about that.

If you have steady hands and follow instructions VERY carefully, you can do this. But be careful: always ALWAYS match the piece to the area where it has to go BEFORE you remove backing of the plastic shield ... AND wet your fingers with the solution. The back of the plastic shield is sticky [it has to be], and wetting your fingers helps keep it from sticking to your fingers. Take your time! and be patient.

I'd advise you to have a saucer with the wetting solution IN the saucer. Keep the sponge in the solution container in the saucer except to wet the largest front and back pieces.

Just some hints from having JUST gone through the process.
    10-30-09 09:27 AM
    I hear that Invisishield never goes on JUST right. There's always complications to putting them on. This makes me a little hesitant to get one.
    10-30-09 10:21 AM
    If you take your time, smooth out the air under the edges and corners and have lots of patience, you can do it. But the trick is to follow the hints I gave above. MIne went on fine and it looks nice.
    10-30-09 10:30 AM
    Or Best Buy will install it for you for $8 for a front and $13 for the whole phone.

Sure it is a little expensive, but if they mess up the phone or protector guess who gives me a new phone or a new protector!

I think it is worth it.
    10-30-09 10:35 AM
    This is the best idea if you are AT ALL hesitant. I happen to be an artist and am used to extremely "fine-tune" challenge types of stuff. BUT, that idea of let BestBuy take the risk is really the better option if for any reason you don't feel like it's your "cup of tea".
    10-30-09 10:56 AM
    Exactly, I thought it was a raw deal at first but then I figured if they screw it up by:

breaking my phone (insured) they will have to give me a new one and I will get a new phone through insurance. (no way should their mistake have to be covered by my insurance)

or they screw up the shield and I complain until it is perfect.

Win-Win for $13.
    Last edited by lifeguardjon; 10-30-09 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Fix format, remove swearing
    10-30-09 11:22 AM
    Question..Putting on these shields don't mess with the overall operation of the touch screen? do you have to adjust the sensitivity of the screen with the shield on?

Getting my BB2 tonight...want to protect it right away!! Three KIDS who will wanna play with it...
    10-30-09 12:00 PM
    Question..Putting on these shields don't mess with the overall operation of the touch screen? do you have to adjust the sensitivity of the screen with the shield on?

Getting my BB2 tonight...want to protect it right away!! Three KIDS who will wanna play with it...
    I didn't notice any change in the sensitivity. All seems to work fine.
    10-30-09 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD