Another Storm user deflecting attention to the iPhone. Ummmm would have thunk it. I haven't jailbroken mine and I do pretty well. Would I like the other features, **** yeah but even without it, it still blows the Storm away. At least I don't need a leaked OS to make my screen rotate or for it to actually unlock when I click the screen that I need to put a business card behind the battery so it would click right. Just like VZW users can do without WiFi I can do without MMS.

I wonder what your argument will be when 3.0 comes out. At least I know it's coming and I know what it will do. You will have to hope and pray VZW comes out with something to make the your phone work right. Take care buddy.
    Yeah and what is your point?
    My phone is not my life seems to be
    that yours is. I am not going to
    glorify this comment by going
    to a level so low that I have long ago
    ascended from. What I said was in fun.
    But you my friend typed what you did
    to take from someone else what you seem to
    lack within..........
    Joking/jesting is cool but when it is done with
    malice; that for me is where it ends.
    05-06-09 01:28 PM
    I don't know why everyone thinks its a toy. My Storm kicks my 8830's tail in every aspect.
    Last edited by cadsystems; 05-06-09 at 02:23 PM.
    05-06-09 01:56 PM
    The Storm is nothing more than a toy, so I could see a novice loving it.
    Go choke on a glass of A.I.D.S.!!!
    05-06-09 04:40 PM
    Hi guys....and ladies too! Thanks for the interesting and "colorful" remarks about my new phone purchase decision...

Wow. I did tons of reading-almost to the point of rigor mortis in researching various phones for my next purchase. I did the research because, a) I'm not rich and don't have the money to toss around on different devices, and b) because I wanted to pick a worthy successor to my BB 8830.

So, I dove into the countless articles and opinions on the internet. I found this Discussion Board (which btw is the BEST IMHO for my purposes). I talked to people who own the IPhone and other touch screen devices such as the Omnia, etc. I learned that most electronic devices have issues at one time or another, and that there were lots of colorful opinions about those devices... I wanted to get a feel from "real time" owners about their thoughts about the Storm. After all, who better to ask than someone who owns a particular device, right? And, finally, I considered my own needs...

On the professional side, I am a high school principal who really needs to be "connected." Email is critical, as is BB messenger and texting. On the consumer side, I was more subjective.

While many of the phones I looked at could perform business tasks, the Storm had a form factor I really liked. The screen is tremendously clear and bright. I love the tactile feeling of the keyboard, and navigation around the phone seems pretty straightforward. Also, sound quality is great, and signal strength is excellent. (J and I spend a lot of time touring by motorcycle, and the Vzn signal is almost always available!). I also really liked the "feel" of the phone in my hand-if that makes any sense!

So, as I investigated my own critical professional and personal needs, the Storm seemed to gain prominence. Was it the phone for me? I went back and looked at reviews and DB postings again. I realized there are people who are pretty vociferous about their opinions, and that I would try to not let any opinions sway my decision...influence yes, but sway, no!

In the final analysis, the bridge that falls makes more noise than the one that stands. Millions of Storms and Iphones and Omnias have been sold. Some will like, others will hate. For me, the Storm seems (after two whole days of ownership) to have been a good purchasing decision.

I hope as I spend more time around here I get to know you all-you represent a level of BB knowledge that I will probably never reach, but I will try to tap into regularly. So be prepared to answer some incredibly dumb questions!

Best,

Steve in So Cal
    05-06-09 06:49 PM
    Steve

Enjoy your new device; a fellow So. Cal
    05-06-09 06:55 PM
    Well spoken! Enjoy your new addiction.

Cheers from another socal addict!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 07:01 PM
    H20,

That's a great way to put it...I am a Storm Social Addict and happy. As my wife said last night, "When are you gonna stop staring at your new phone??"

I think she was jealous...

Steve in So Cal
    05-06-09 07:12 PM
    Thanks! So far I am...I will PM you with a couple of specific comments when my Post Count is higher...
    05-06-09 07:17 PM
    H20,

That's a great way to put it...I am a Storm Social Addict and happy. As my wife said last night, "When are you gonna stop staring at your new phone??"

I think she was jealous...

Steve in So Cal
    As u will find some of us are twisted; fyi. There is a program that allows u to
    use your phone as a massager......
    No I am not kidding
    05-06-09 07:38 PM
    A little twisted is a good thing...it's called a sense of humor!

But the massage app? Ur kidding right? As a newbie my leg is easily pulled...

Steve in So Cal
    "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing milk bone underwear..."
    Norm
    05-06-09 07:46 PM
    Just hang out in the rants/rave section long enough and you'll see....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 09:23 PM
    A little twisted is a good thing...it's called a sense of humor!

But the massage app? Ur kidding right? As a newbie my leg is easily pulled...

Steve in So Cal
    "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing milk bone underwear..."
    Norm

I kid u not it is in the apps store here at crackberry; the entertainment section............. twelve levels if memory serves me right
    05-06-09 11:48 PM
    We got an app for that......................................

Massage Therapy for BlackBerry - Entertainment BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

Careful water damage voids the warranty
    Last edited by TrendyProfessional1; 05-06-09 at 11:58 PM.
    05-06-09 11:51 PM
    We got an app for that......................................

Careful water damage voids the warranty
    LOL does coffee damage my laptop's screen??

S
    05-07-09 09:00 AM
    LOL does coffee damage my laptop's screen??

S
    Wasn't thinking that kinda liquid
    05-07-09 09:49 AM
    I know...but your answer made me laugh as I was sipping my coffee.

BTW, so far so good on the phone performance. I think just getting used to how it operates is a huge part of the deal. There is def. a learning curve...but I gotta say this phone runs 10x better than my first smart phone, a Motorola Q.

I'm a patient man, but I will say this phone, for me was junk...I'm not sure I could go back to Windows Mobile-the Q left a very bad taste in my mouth...

Steve in So Cal
    05-07-09 08:12 PM
    I know...but your answer made me laugh as I was sipping my coffee.

BTW, so far so good on the phone performance. I think just getting used to how it operates is a huge part of the deal. There is def. a learning curve...but I gotta say this phone runs 10x better than my first smart phone, a Motorola Q.

I'm a patient man, but I will say this phone, for me was junk...I'm not sure I could go back to Windows Mobile-the Q left a very bad taste in my mouth...

Steve in So Cal
    Ohhhh I get it........
    Anything runs better than a Moto Q. But one thing I will say in defense of the Q. The thing is a tank. Heck I am coming from a XV6800.
    The screen real estate on the Storm makes me quite happy for now....

Always in search of more screen realestate; and higher resolution.
    The plus for me with the Storm is the stereo bluetooth.
    Just an fyi u can get stand alone blue tooth stereo speakers.
    Since I am sure u have an office it might be something to consider
    for work.
    05-08-09 10:36 AM
    I love my HTC Touch Pro windows mobile phone. The GPA navigation has saved me more times that I can count and the live feature allows me to find anything near me that I am looking for e.g, food, car repair, etc...literally anything. With the windows mobile 6.5 coming I am really looking forward to all of the new features. I just recently downloaded and installed the new facebook app and I can upload videos right from my phone as well as stay connected while I am on the run with my family and friends.
    05-20-09 06:38 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD