Im new to the Blackberry world as I was forced to give up the iPhone for a Storm for work. Im running the recently leaked .90 OS and like it so far especially the full keyboard in portrait mode. Here are a few questions I have.

1. How do I change it so that the home screen that shows my wallpaper only has 4 icons on it rather than the 8 icons?

2. What are some must have apps for the storm?

3. How do I tell if any apps are left running so I can shut them down to help save memory?

4. Is there any way to get HTML email when I am on a BES?

After reading a lot of the complaints about the storm and memory issues I will have to say that for a person that has had an iPhone since they first came out that the problems that the Storm has is really no different than the problems the iPhone had and still does. The iPhone has a really big problem with memory as when you try to run any descent app it either crashes or tells you that there is low memory. The iPhone 3G drops calls all the time and needs to be soft reset almost every day to function correctly. I like that RIM seems to come out with OS fixes faster than Apple ever did. Keep in mind that Apple has been in the business of designing OS's a lot longer than RIM and I think in time as RIM advances in the OS market this device will have a nice interface like the iPhone does.
    01-24-09 08:10 AM
    1. Hit the BB button, when in the menu, hit it again and go to optoins
    Here you can change your rows....

2. Well for that you've just got to google a little more or search the forum...

3. Push down the BB button and hold it for like 2 seconds,
    other than phone, home, BB messenger, Mails and browser are apps
    that are still running. To close them open them, hit BB and select
    close.

Ps. If you look in the folder where your calculator, word files are here should be a application (new in .90) to free up memory, it's called memory clean or something like that. Mine's in Dutch so i don't know how it's called exactly...
    01-24-09 09:23 AM
    Im new to the Blackberry world as I was forced to give up the iPhone for a Storm for work. Im running the recently leaked .90 OS and like it so far especially the full keyboard in portrait mode. Here are a few questions I have.

1. How do I change it so that the home screen that shows my wallpaper only has 4 icons on it rather than the 8 icons?

3. How do I tell if any apps are left running so I can shut them down to help save memory?

4. Is there any way to get HTML email when I am on a BES?

After reading a lot of the complaints about the storm and memory issues I will have to say that for a person that has had an iPhone since they first came out that the problems that the Storm has is really no different than the problems the iPhone had and still does. The iPhone has a really big problem with memory as when you try to run any descent app it either crashes or tells you that there is low memory. The iPhone 3G drops calls all the time and needs to be soft reset almost every day to function correctly. I like that RIM seems to come out with OS fixes faster than Apple ever did. Keep in mind that Apple has been in the business of designing OS's a lot longer than RIM and I think in time as RIM advances in the OS market this device will have a nice interface like the iPhone does.
    Doing a search on this forum will return answers to all your questions....welcome to CB. Search is your friend here.
    01-24-09 09:48 AM
    Welcome to CB. There is a great subsection with all sorts of tips and tricks and how to's. Look there first or, as has been mentioned, do a general search of this site. There is a huge amount of info available. Here is the How-To link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/
    Also there is a Newbie section both tabbed at the top of the page and also if you go into forums there is a newbie section there with rules and aids for using this site. Good luck and again, welcome!
    01-24-09 10:42 AM
    [QUOTE=Stormtrooper79;1489017]Im new to the Blackberry world as I was forced to give up the iPhone for a Storm for work. Im running the recently leaked .90 OS and like it so far especially the full keyboard in portrait mode. Here are a few questions I have.

I am running the following apps on my phone:

Facebook, Twitterberry, Viigo, Trapster, Blackberry Messanger

They all work great with .90!!
    01-25-09 07:42 PM
    Ps. If you look in the folder where your calculator, word files are here should be a application (new in .90) to free up memory, it's called memory clean or something like that. Mine's in Dutch so i don't know how it's called exactly...
    Does anyone know where this is located? I went to the "Applications" folder (where the calculator, etc are located), and I don't see this application.
    01-25-09 10:50 PM
    Does anyone know where this is located? I went to the "Applications" folder (where the calculator, etc are located), and I don't see this application.
    I couldn't find it either...
    01-26-09 02:47 AM
    Memory cleaner's been on the Storm since .65. Always been in the Security section of the Options menu.
    01-26-09 03:32 AM
    Memory cleaner's been on the Storm since .65. Always been in the Security section of the Options menu.
    I knew that was there, he was talking about some type of application in the applications folder that I have never seen.
    01-26-09 03:42 AM
    He was referring to memory cleaner and a shortcut that was made to link to it.

Why, oh why, would they release another program to do exactly the same function as something they already wrote, when instead they could just create a shortcut to it so its more readily available?
    01-26-09 04:20 AM
    He was referring to memory cleaner and a shortcut that was made to link to it.

Why, oh why, would they release another program to do exactly the same function as something they already wrote, when instead they could just create a shortcut to it so its more readily available?
    I was kinda wondering the same thing...but then again, I guess you just never know.

I still haven't seen that shortcut though and I have in fact hit show all. Must be a Dutch thing.
    01-26-09 04:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD