So I've had the Storm for a day... pretty cool rig. I was getting a little ticked off then I just figured out suretype, things are much better.

So now I need some pointers on what might be very basic crackberry technique. Specifically in the message box. I love how everything comes into the same bucket. What do you folks do to organize and filter things? Can you separate things etc....

Dan in Dallas..
    01-01-09 10:47 PM
    Yeah I really never use my message folder. I have both of my email accounts going to their folders( i use the individual folder to check my email) and my SMS goes to its folder. I also shut off missed call notification going to my folder so that I don't see so many messages from 1 call. Hope this is what you were looking for.
    01-01-09 10:52 PM
    go to: message folder>>> click bberry button>>> options>>> SMS and Email inboxes... set to separate.

hope this helped.
    01-01-09 11:03 PM
    I too have my different types of messages separated. I have my emails all going to the messages folder to simplify my home screen (the folders for the individual mail accounts are hidden). I also have my BBM messages and my missed calls going to the messages folder. This allows for me to just click on the messages folder to see who called in case I don't want to view the missed call at the that time and to eliminate me going to the call log. Finally, I have all my SMS and MMS messages going to the SMS and MMS folder so that they aren't mixed in to my emails.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 11:03 PM
    I too have my different types of messages separated. I have my emails all going to the messages folder to simplify my home screen (the folders for the individual mail accounts are hidden).
    I like the idea of them going all to one spot. I'll fiddle with this a little more...
    Last edited by hostage46; 01-01-09 at 11:57 PM.
    01-01-09 11:51 PM
    you can also easily view them separate by going to view folders and view the messages for each of you inboxes or SMS, MMS, etc
    01-02-09 12:56 AM
    I haven't figured out that portrait mode double-letter key system yet.
    01-02-09 01:00 AM
    Being a long time pearl user, I can tell you that the sure type is very legit as long as you keep your eyes off of what is being suggested and just continue typing the word, similar to using qwerty.

It is of utmost importance that you do not pay attention to the pop up box unless you are having trouble with actual spelling of the word. You will get very upset when typing the word see/are, because 99% of the time you will want the other word, but oh well.

For example type the word "there" you will notice that you will actually press the "er" button 3 times, but its key to think of it as just one letter you are actually looking for.

Hope this helps.
    01-02-09 02:55 AM
    Being a long time pearl user, I can tell you that the sure type is very legit as long as you keep your eyes off of what is being suggested and just continue typing the word, similar to using qwerty.

It is of utmost importance that you do not pay attention to the pop up box unless you are having trouble with actual spelling of the word. You will get very upset when typing the word see/are, because 99% of the time you will want the other word, but oh well.

For example type the word "there" you will notice that you will actually press the "er" button 3 times, but its key to think of it as just one letter you are actually looking for.

Hope this helps.
    This is SO true. Now that I understand SureType the Storm is much more usable. I almost gave up!

01-02-09 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD