For those Verizon Storm owners thinking about changing to an iPhone, you'll need to wait till next year if you are staying with Verizon.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=416832

personally, I have no desire to get an iPhone.
    02-04-10 09:45 AM
    apple is prolly waiting for LTE to be better established so they can spread their evil disease upon as many networks as possible.
    02-04-10 03:08 PM
    interesting. I had it from a trusted source that VZW will have iPhone by june. Also that 'the first one' would be 3G since LTE will only be in Seattle and Boston markets by then. This same person would not even admit the storm existed until it became official so I know he is not loose with the info.

Guess we wait and see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 04:01 PM
    I guess that settles it. Nexus One it is, for me. Probably good for Android market share. They will have Verizon to themselves.
    02-08-10 03:07 PM
    I guess that settles it. Nexus One it is, for me. Probably good for Android market share. They will have Verizon to themselves.
    You may want to wait and see what develops. This Analyst is primarily basing this on the fact that AT&T was still in the picture for the iPad. There are still numerous other who believe VZW will have it in June, and I have that as well from folks inside VZW.

Not that the Nexus 1 may not be a better option anyone.

Besides who knows what will be out between now and June/July.
    02-08-10 03:12 PM
    well see if it will come in june
    02-08-10 03:52 PM
    Well, I got my Storm Nov 21 and my upgrade date is June 21. I'll go with whatever is the best option at that time. Could be N1 even if iphone is available. Could be a thong. Could be something even cooler that I've never even heard of before.
    02-08-10 09:13 PM
    Thongs are out. Boy shorts are in.
    02-09-10 11:30 AM
    ive alwayys been a fan of boyshorts but if my choice was down to boyshorts or nexus1 + no panties i'd choose the latter. just my opinion
    02-09-10 12:34 PM
    After trying to decide what to do with my upgrade I talked to a really nice CS guy at Verizon on the phone for quite a while and he actually told me the iphone should be here this fall? He didn't beat around the bush or anything either. This is just what he told me so who knows?
    04-30-10 02:30 PM
    Doesn't matter about the LTE thing. That's a moot point because Verizon will not be doing voice on LTE for a while supposedly. So, all Verizon LTE handsets would still need to be CDMA to do voice. So, waiting until 2011 to do a CDMA iPhone is of no benefit.

05-01-10 07:54 AM
    Doesn't matter about the LTE thing. That's a moot point because Verizon will not be doing voice on LTE for a while supposedly. So, all Verizon LTE handsets would still need to be CDMA to do voice. So, waiting until 2011 to do a CDMA iPhone is of no benefit.

This^

And I actually think the iPhone will be headed to Verizon this year. I probably won't be getting one but it'll be good for the people who didn't wanna go to AT&T and want 3G coverage.
    05-01-10 08:04 AM
    i don't care really, but i'll tell you this: anyone who you can talk to at VZW on the phone, in person or on email doesn't know about any new phone more than 2 weeks in advance at most, and that's only because they just took the training on it. the people who really know that phones are coming down the pipe, or are being tested or close to being released are in a position that you won't have direct contact with.

usually if someone says there's a phone coming more than 2 weeks away, they're getting their info from a rumor mill on the internet, sort of like this web site.
    05-01-10 04:14 PM
    Patches - how's the Eris treating you? Jump to the incredible yet?

My relative who is working on LTE at VZW has stated that the Jesus phone is coming. I can talk to him on the phone, but you probably couldn't.

; )

05-01-10 04:21 PM

Yeah kinda like who would expect a crack dealer not to sell crack because a more addictive version was coming....

05-01-10 04:24 PM
    Patches - how's the Eris treating you? Jump to the incredible yet?

My relative who is working on LTE at VZW has stated that the Jesus phone is coming. I can talk to **her** on the phone, but you probably couldn't.

; )

yeah, get it on the 7th...payday eris is good, gonna hand it down to that lady friend of mine who got the storm that i had to teach how to use...she's ready to promote out of that POS now.

btw, i can too talk to your mom. i got her number last time she was over. lawlz! "your mom" jokes never get old
    05-01-10 04:52 PM
    yeah, get it on the 7th...payday eris is good, gonna hand it down to that lady friend of mine who got the storm that i had to teach how to use...she's ready to promote out of that POS now.

btw, i can too talk to your mom. i got her number last time she was over. lawlz! "your mom" jokes never get old
    Yeah. She can't wait to get the Eris. LOL (I walked into that)

05-01-10 05:03 PM
    05-07-10 10:57 AM
    I can see AT&T wanting to keep the iPhone exclusive, I can see other manufactures (RIM, HTC, Motorola) being happy that the iPhone staying exclusive with AT&T. I can see Verizon not wanting to give too much control to Apple. What I don't understand is why Apple is happy to keep the iPhone on one carrier?

I think that the only iPhone "killer" is going to be Apple. Android Phones are selling like crazy right now, and as the Android market increase the number of Android users increase - so will the number of available applications and other product support. If the iPhone comes to Verizon next year, it may not make as much of a splash as if it had been released the first of this year.

As for RIM... I don't see them getting much of the expanding consumer smartphone market, they have a great business phone to be sure. But most consumers are not nearly as concerned with email being delivery instantly. They want a good Internet Experience (BB does NOT have), and a phone that can do lots of "cool" things. Sure there are some great applications in the BB Apps store, but look at what a Android phone can do out of the box with just the Google Applications that are installed!
    05-07-10 11:33 AM
    I'm still sticking with this year
    05-07-10 11:36 AM
    I'm still sticking with this year
    I tend to agree just based on what will happen to Apple stock if they announce continued exclusivity with AT&T. If they don't get it out there they will miss a critical window and by the time iPhone is on VZW there will be very competitive offerings from Android, WP7, and (suppresses a snicker) RIM. Not to mention who knows what Palm can do with HP backing now. A solid piece of hardware running Web OS 2.0 could make some waves...
    05-07-10 12:04 PM
    The IPhone can roll out on Monday at verizon. I'm not going to look at it or even think about buying it
    05-09-10 10:30 AM
    personally, I have no desire to get an iPhone.
    Agreed, I'd prefer to stay out of Crapple's walled garden. That company is a slap in the face to innovation, intelligence and to developers. I hope they crash hard like they did in the 90s.
    06-13-10 02:30 PM
    Apple iPhone to Verizon drumbeat picks up (again) | ZDNet

I was just thinking about why AT&T is being so good to iPhone customers by allowing early upgrades and grandfathering unlimited plans. It made me start to think that Apple is going to roll the iPhone to VZW but is allowing AT&T first dibs as a concession.

This article says a lot of the same things, coupled with more rumors about manufacturers producing a CDMA iPhone.

It will be interesting to see what does happen...
    06-17-10 10:48 AM
    I was just thinking about why AT&T is being so good to iPhone customers by allowing early upgrades
    I thought the same thing but then I remembered this.
    No Verizon iPhone 4G Release until 2012: AT&T 5-year deal with Apple | Tech Techies
    06-17-10 05:13 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD