Sorry guys, the Storm is not one of the phones Skyfire is making for blackberry. I talked to them and they are currently working on the bold only and then will be expanding it to the curve, pearl and 8830. Here is a clip of the email:

Thanks for your email about our BlackBerry Alpha program. We are kick starting our alpha on the BlackBerry Bold in the US only. We have the participants we need initially for this BlackBerry Bold program. We also have plans to expand the BlackBerry Alpha program to the Curve, Pearl and 8830. We’ll send you an email when we’re ready to expand the Bold Alpha and supporting the three additional BlackBerry devices.

I felt this news was important enough to us storm users who were excited about skyfire to create a new thread. I am personally very disappointed, i was really looking forward to the skyfire browser.
    05-22-09 03:19 AM
    Well that is very disappointing but expected..everything comes to the Storm last.
    05-22-09 03:37 AM
    Well that is very disappointing but expected..everything comes to the Storm last.
    well said. thanks for the info OP.
    05-22-09 03:47 AM
    Wasn't this the info we got last week? Perhaps another bb version will work tho.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 08:44 AM
    All they are saying is that the alpha version will not be available for the Storm. What they probably will do is that as soon as Skyfire is ready for a beta or RC (release candidate), they will do the changes necessary to support the Storm.
    05-22-09 09:01 AM
    Opera Mini isn't designed for the storm either and it works quite well. Just because it isn't designed for the storm doesn't mean it won't work after a bit of tweaking.
    05-22-09 09:07 AM
    That f****** sucks! The best screen of any BB and we won't get flash emulation! I think skyfire is dropping the ball on this!

05-22-09 10:05 AM
    What a waste, such an awesome screen and still not much love.

05-22-09 10:08 AM
    Not surprised, it is easier for third party app developers to make apps for the bold, curve series since those devices were the staple of RIM for a long time.

I am sure well get our own version, it is just a matter of time.
    05-22-09 10:39 AM
    Not surprised, it is easier for third party app developers to make apps for the bold, curve series since those devices were the staple of RIM for a long time.

I am sure well get our own version, it is just a matter of time.
    Especially now that the Storm 2 is on the horizon. More than likely many developers didnt want to bother making apps/browsers because the Storm was considered crap by many. Now that a bigger and badder Storm is on the way developers will have no choice, the device is here to stay.
    05-22-09 10:57 AM
    That f****** sucks! The best screen of any BB and we won't get flash emulation! I think skyfire is dropping the ball on this!

My thoughts exaclty. Why not make the browser for the phone with the best browsing experience? Only makes sense to me.
    05-22-09 01:42 PM
    what do they mean in the us only, are they saying the application only works in the US, that would be stupid.
    05-22-09 01:56 PM
    yeah i am disappointed. i dont think i have seen this news before on here, but i cant say for sure, i try to read as much as i can but its tough to keep up.

yes its possible a non-storm version will work on the storm, but that would mean a far inferior experience. but since skyfire is such a powerful app with the flash, etc, i am not sure a bold version for example would work on the storm at all.
    05-22-09 02:56 PM
    listen skyfire WILL come to the storm. it's just gonna get here a bit after the bold by about 1-3 months. As someone else said the BOlD verision is in alpha stage. after they master the browser and release a working verision. Storm verision will be easy to port to. Also as MANY early Storm adopters can attest to, being first out of the gate is not always a good thing. Let the bold users fix the bugs for us and we'll get the awesome bug free release a month or two after.
    05-22-09 06:03 PM
    yes but its clear that their road map doesnt include the storm, they specifcally mention those 3 other phones after the bold. no mention of the storm which makes me think its more of a year off, if at all. but thats my guess.
    05-23-09 04:58 AM
    Im sure it will come to the storm soon enough after the proper release of the program.

And like Opera another version will probably work alright on the storm, just not as perfect as it could have been.
    05-23-09 06:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD