The other funny part is I spoke with a verizon corp rep today. I had sent an email to Verizon asking them why the stores are getting so few phones. The rep called me in regards to my email and basically said all these stores are lying. They were getting plenty of phones. I should post his phone number so tomorrow when all these pissed off customers couldn't get their phones can call him.
    11-20-08 06:03 PM
    please do....
    11-20-08 07:03 PM
    yeah post it! I'm still crossing my fingers that this is just a big marketing ploy.
    11-20-08 08:59 PM
    Ok here you go:

Brian 803-400-4456 x3478
    11-20-08 09:13 PM
    Just caught my local Verizon punks lying.

http ://forums.crackberry.com/f86/caught-them-their-game-98524/
    11-20-08 09:25 PM
    This is no joke, but I was so panic'd today about the shortage that I called my friend who has been down on his luck this year, artist type. He is in desperate need of some car repair, and I happened to have a client who owns a custom auto shop and owes me 5k. Told the artist that if he camped out tonight from 5PM till I got there at 6AM I'd take care of his car. I just got back from stopping by to see how he was doing, he had a light dusting of snow all over him! lol I feel bad but whatever it takes, right?
    11-20-08 09:58 PM
    This is no joke, but I was so panic'd today about the shortage that I called my friend who has been down on his luck this year, artist type. He is in desperate need of some car repair, and I happened to have a client who owns a custom auto shop and owes me 5k. Told the artist that if he camped out tonight from 5PM till I got there at 6AM I'd take care of his car. I just got back from stopping by to see how he was doing, he had a light dusting of snow all over him! lol I feel bad but whatever it takes, right?
    What an awful person you are.
    Please tell me he wasn't the only one there being stupid.
    11-20-08 10:03 PM
    What an awful person you are.
    Please tell me he wasn't the only one there being stupid.
    hes not being stupid if hes getting his car back from it! I would probably camp out for 100-150 bucks! let alone 1k or so to fix my car!

I camped out for 24 hours once for tickets to the final of a sport i barely like, its fun sometimes. All you need is some Goldschlager to keep your warm.... mmmm.
    11-21-08 12:03 AM
    Mine only has 40 Storms.
    11-21-08 12:03 AM
    Every wonder why only a select few stores are opening early (not every 2600 corp store)? Is it a coincidence people are hearing they are getting only 30 storms from podunk town kiosks to major metro corporate stores?

The early opening corporate stores are trying to create a demand so they have a camping out photo op. Verizon knows the benefit of free advertising from Newspaper and TV news showing people lined up for something.

With Black Friday around the corner this is the perfect time to have every local news outlet showing people lined up at Verizon (think of Apple/AT&T with the iPhone). When the rest of America sees this they think 'Verizon has something special, I want one too'.

Verizon isn't going to overshadow these great individual city photo ops with news they only had 30 units on hand to sell. Turning away hundreds would make their carefully planned news opportunity into negative publicity right before Black Friday.

There is no reason to open early and only have 30 units to sell at each store. This is all hype and there will be plenty of units to buy at the stores for those camped out early & those that come out to buy after seeing it on the news.

Don't buy into the hype unless you like to get up early & wait in lines.
    It turns out you were right when you wrote this 2 days ago. I talked with district managers at my store. They said there was plenty of supply until a glitch was found that needed an update causing all the phones to be delayed for distribution to the stores. The Verizon corp person didn't know details or didn't want to tell me. But it was confirmed there wasn't supposed to be a shortage.

They also had a professional photog at the store snapping lots of photos of the lines and the store being really busy. Its a new flagship store so it makes sense they were taking photos there. Even some newspapers were there interviewing people & taking pics.

My friends who were further up in line got these shots of the photog. They didn't get a Storm either. Verizon let one GoDaddy employee take most of the supply on hand while us poor saps stood in line watching.
    Last edited by verizontroll; 11-21-08 at 05:21 PM.
    11-21-08 03:43 PM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD