My wife and son were up for upgrade on their phones today. Nothing in BB line thrilled them, placed order for Droid X. My son was just so fed up with his Storm 9530 that he'll never consider a RIM product again (he sees my 9550 runs great, but that doesn't make him feel good for paying for a device that he's been so frustrated with).

Given RIM's abandonment of Storm device I unfortunately think most Storm users (who appear to prefer a touch screen to keyboard) will follow a similar path in the next few months as more have opportunity to upgrade their phones.
    10-07-10 03:21 PM
    I don't think ANY other BBs will have SurePress, but I think the Storm will exclusively continue using it; I hope so, because I really like it. RIM invested so much time and money into "perfecting" it and, I think, to set the BB touchscreen apart from the others. They made huge strides from S1 to S2 and if they can do that again, the S3 should be great.
    With the spastic clicking on Storm2 I'd say they haven't perfected SurePress.
    10-07-10 03:24 PM
    10-08-10 08:56 AM
    Since you don't bet, it is best to go with the sure thing.
    That would be the droid x.

So to answer your question, yes.
    From your perspective, that's a good come-back, but sorry I can't concur. (at least not for the moment. I suspect at some point, I'll jump on the bandwagon. It'll be around for a while, so I'm in no rush to hop aboard)
    10-08-10 09:30 AM
    10-08-10 10:29 AM
    that's the minor refresh. I've no problem with that "MEH" being canceled. Next up: a TRUE Storm 3 or whatever they want to call it. Fingers crossed for a larger screen.
    10-08-10 10:35 AM
    Nothing new in that article, except Gizmodo really screwed up its rehash of stuff from other sites.

They have confused the 9570 refresh -- which was definitely abandoned, per the leaked memo to developers -- with the 3.7 inch prototype featured in recently leaked photos.

There is no confirmation that BB has completely abandoned plans for a true next-gen Storm� yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-10 10:43 AM
    With the spastic clicking on Storm2 I'd say they haven't perfected SurePress.
    "Perfected" was in ""s; anybody can find something to ***** about ANY phone, including Droid and iPhone. So the screen may double click ONCE-IN-A-WHILE, I'm sure there are times when you have to "peck" at the Droid screen twice to select something.
    10-08-10 12:04 PM
    I'll be waiting for those dual core phones coming out. OS interfaces are quite arbitrary when you think about it. When phones get off java, I'll be all eyes and ears

10-08-10 08:50 PM
    To the original poster's question... what's left?

So after four consecutive BlackBerrys I made the switch to the Droid X. Wow. While there are handful of little things I was used to on my BBs and consequently miss right now, this thing is just amazing. I won't knock the BBs, because what they do, they do well. However, if feels as if I've gone from a Volvo to a Ferrari.

If you have an NE2 or annual upgrade you can use, where you can play around with this thing for a few weeks without committing to it (30 minutes of in store play doesn't do it justice), I'd recommend giving it a spin. Truly an amazing device.
    10-10-10 09:49 AM
    "Perfected" was in ""s; anybody can find something to ***** about ANY phone, including Droid and iPhone. So the screen may double click ONCE-IN-A-WHILE, I'm sure there are times when you have to "peck" at the Droid screen twice to select something.
    Agreed. I'm pumped for the S3

10-10-10 11:17 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD