Just because I am flirting with getting a X does not mean I don't like the BlackBerry platform. I just love Verizon's network better. Would I rather have a Torch than a Droid X? Yes. Do I have a choice? No, because Verizon won't be getting the Torch soon, and they dropped the Storm Refresh.

I bet RIM is tearing their hair out how to get a OS 6.0 touch screen play on Verizon ASAP!
    Interesting... is this why VZW isn't interested in carrying Torch? Continues on what seems to be their path to support the Android platform....

http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-...ounced-verizon
    10-06-10 06:21 AM
    Yeah except no 2.2 Android OS. I would never buy a phone with a old OS. That's why I wouldn't get the Bold right now... BTW: I am still leaning towards the Droid X.

You know Verizon just cut the legs off of RIM killing the Storm2 refresh. Verizon darn well knows that OS 6 would make the Storm2 move alot of product. But they don't want it to cut into their Droid sales.

Without OS 6 Storm2 is crap now. There is no way I would buy a Storm2 now comparing it to the Droid X.
    10-06-10 09:08 PM
    Get an android phone. its the only upgrade from a storm 2 at this point or.....................Go with an Iphone

iPhone coming to Verizon next year, report says: Apple exclusive agreement with AT&T would end
    10-06-10 10:02 PM
    Is RIM oblivious to what is happening?

They should fire the programmers of BB 6 OS. They had the task of creating a new OS that can integrate their new webkit, and give their Ui a new look. They winded up with the most memory intensive OS out there. It threw a wrench to plans of updating current devices.

What gets me is that they are aggresively pushing the Torch with countless commercials. Yet they have not communicated anything to the Storm community about what they can look forward to. They are losing leverage fast.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 10:47 PM
    The programmers are not at fault. It's the management. They should have listened to customers sooner, instead of trying to force feed and tell us what they think we wanted. When touch screens first started to get big, RIM kept telling us we don't want a touch screen. Then they finally broke down and went half way with the Storm 1. Storm2 is alot better.

If they fire the programmers then they loose the same great talent that Apple and Microsoft and Google have. Do you actually think these programmers at other companies are exponentially better? Ha. It always comes down to the product management from the top down. Fire the managers.

In all fairness they thought that Verizon would take up the Storm2 Refresh. This was a tactical error. Now it looks like the Storm2 will be dead till after Christmas. This is a fail... But I don't know if RIM could of anticipated Verizon.
    10-06-10 11:27 PM
    In all fairness they thought that Verizon would take up the Storm2 Refresh. This was a tactical error. Now it looks like the Storm2 will be dead till after Christmas. This is a fail... But I don't know if RIM could of anticipated Verizon.
    I kind of wonder if they nixed the refresh due to LTE deployment. Sure, we have no concrete date for when that's going to happen but Verizon did surprise a few folks with how many cities will have 4g by the end of the year. My thought is that Verizon might be holding off a new Storm model until they have it more widely deployed. Then again, they might be killing off the Storm altogether. I hope not, and really hope Sal's prediction from a few months ago is the real deal.
    10-07-10 12:21 AM
    AT&T had a hand in developing the Torch, so it probably won't come to Verizon until either the Torch has the frequencies Verizon uses or Verizon goes LTE (that's just a guess, not anything I heard).

Interesting... is this why VZW isn't interested in carrying Torch? Continues on what seems to be their path to support the Android platform....

http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-...ounced-verizon
    10-07-10 12:31 AM
    OOO my goodness..

Blackberry is so done with when then release! I'm already on Android which is light years ahead of BB but when this release everyone is going to switch over
    10-07-10 03:13 AM
    OOO my goodness..

Blackberry is so done with when then release! I'm already on Android which is light years ahead of BB but when this release everyone is going to switch over
    Could you repeat that in English?
    10-07-10 06:48 AM
    OOO my goodness..

That was a lucid, well thought out post. Thanks!
    10-07-10 07:48 AM
    [QUOTE=brian_peterson;5654352]Yeah except no 2.2 Android OS. I would never buy a phone with a old OS. That's why I wouldn't get the Bold right now... BTW: I am still leaning towards the Droid X.QUOTE]

As many are!!!
    10-07-10 08:39 AM
    The programmers are not at fault. It's the management.

If they fire the programmers then they loose the same great talent that Apple and Microsoft and Google have. Do you actually think these programmers at other companies are exponentially better? Ha. It always comes down to the product management from the top down. Fire the managers.
    I agree... but think about it.... the customers will fire the managers when they stop buying their products.... which, like it or not is going to happen big time next year! (in my opinion of course)
    10-07-10 08:48 AM
    Getting a DroidX is your best bet.
    10-07-10 09:27 AM
    Getting a DroidX is your best bet.
    I'm not a betting man, so would a DroidX be MY best bet also??
    10-07-10 10:15 AM
    I kind of wonder if they nixed the refresh due to LTE deployment. Sure, we have no concrete date for when that's going to happen but Verizon did surprise a few folks with how many cities will have 4g by the end of the year. My thought is that Verizon might be holding off a new Storm model until they have it more widely deployed. Then again, they might be killing off the Storm altogether. I hope not, and really hope Sal's prediction from a few months ago is the real deal.
    I think the Storm 3 is likely dead with the recent announcement that the iphone will now be offered by Verizon. And iphone is increasingly gain ground in the corporate world. I think RIM is abandoning the touch screen phone concept and sticking with their bread butter, which is QWERTY keyboard devices. RIM gave it a shot but got their bottoms handed to them by the Android devices and now iphone on Verizon. RIM has to give up the touch screen fight and focus on the product that they do well. That's my guess.
    10-07-10 11:25 AM
    I think the Storm 3 is likely dead with the recent announcement that the iphone will now be offered by Verizon. And iphone is increasingly gain ground in the corporate world. I think RIM is abandoning the touch screen phone concept and sticking with their bread butter, which is QWERTY keyboard devices. RIM gave it a shot but got their bottoms handed to them by the Android devices and now iphone on Verizon. RIM has to give up the touch screen fight and focus on the product that they do well. That's my guess.
    LOL!! "abandoning the touch screen phone concept". I need some of that weed you've been smoking. Your "guess" is so far off base as to be...well...BASELESS!
    10-07-10 11:27 AM
    What iPhone? Won't happen until Verizon CDMA is secondary to LTE since Steve isn't into changing something he's already created. And by abandoning touchscreens did you mean now that the Torch is out?
    10-07-10 11:49 AM
    And by abandoning touchscreens did you mean now that the Torch is out?
    Maybe they're moving away from surepress. Kind of a lackluster "feature" anyway.
    10-07-10 11:52 AM
    Maybe they're moving away from surepress. Kind of a lackluster "feature" anyway.
    That would be a bit depressing, I like it. Verizon has been trying to lure me off it with Droid, but none of them have SurePress.
    10-07-10 12:01 PM
    That would be a bit depressing, I like it. Verizon has been trying to lure me off it with Droid, but none of them have SurePress.
    Torch doesn't have Surepress, so if they continue with touchscreen, I could see that being abandoned before the whole touchscreen interface itself.
    Last edited by plkcable; 10-07-10 at 12:06 PM.
    10-07-10 12:03 PM
    Torch doesn't have Surepress, so if they continue with touchscreen, I could see that being abandoned before the whole touchscreen interface itself.
    Yup, and that was the point I was making to bb-bandit.
    10-07-10 12:22 PM
    What iPhone? Won't happen until Verizon CDMA is secondary to LTE since Steve isn't into changing something he's already created. And by abandoning touchscreens did you mean now that the Torch is out?
    Interesting article in the Journal today...looks like some interesting stuff coming...doubtful RIM can keep pace...

Apple is making an iPhone that will be sold by Verizon early next year, the Journal reported Wednesday afternoon. So what�s next?

Could we be looking at a 4G iPhone? Or a series of new phones with different screen sizes? Wall Street analysts say maybe so.

Checks of supply chains suggest that Apple is developing iPhones with �both larger and smaller touchscreens,� possibly for early 2011, reports analyst Shaw Wu at Kaufman Bros. These could represent new high-end and low-end models, he says, and could indicate that Apple is �taking a page out of its iPod playbook� in diversifying its phones.

After the Verizon iPhone, What’s Next? - Digits - WSJ
    10-07-10 02:01 PM
    Good news from the Twitterverse! Verizon iPhone confirmed. All those people saying it was so were right. Right?
    10-07-10 02:06 PM
    I'm not a betting man, so would a DroidX be MY best bet also??
    Since you don't bet, it is best to go with the sure thing.
    That would be the droid x.

So to answer your question, yes.
    10-07-10 02:32 PM
    Yup, and that was the point I was making to bb-bandit.
    I don't think ANY other BBs will have SurePress, but I think the Storm will exclusively continue using it; I hope so, because I really like it. RIM invested so much time and money into "perfecting" it and, I think, to set the BB touchscreen apart from the others. They made huge strides from S1 to S2 and if they can do that again, the S3 should be great.
    10-07-10 03:00 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD