I apologize if this has already been covered. I did a search, but didn't find a topic that touched on this issue.

The problem I am having is that my sounds I have setup for SMS, MMS, Email, etc. are not playing when I get messages. Well, sometimes they play and sometimes they don't but for the most part they are not working. Vibrate seems to not work either, but I can't say for sure since it could just be that I don't feel it go off in my pocket. My custom ringer works fine. The only way I know I have a message is when I happen to look at the phone and the LED is flashing. I am using a custom profile, but this is also happening with the standard profiles. It's getting annoying when people ask me if I got their message and my phone never made a peep. Any idea what could be causing this and how it can be fixed? Battery pulls do nothing for this by the way. Thanks in advance for your help!
    04-14-09 01:20 PM
    No one can help or has this same issue?
    04-15-09 02:01 AM
    have the same issue but have been unable to fix that sadly but i am having my storm replaced today since the send button came off
    04-15-09 05:08 AM
    Well, sorry to hear about your Send Button, but if you figure out why the sounds have a mind of their own, please post it. Thanks!
    04-15-09 11:31 AM
    at my wits end. my bb900 (bold) i have had for the last couple of months now has absolutly no sound. no phone ring, no alarm, no sms, nothing.
    if i plug the headphones in i can hear most sounds, but to hear them i have to press the mute button. this is not acceptable for normal day to day use. this is a business phone, if i cant hear it ring, i cant answer critical calls. i have turned it off, reset it, pulled the battery, etc etc etc. every band aid fix that has been suggested.

Does anyone from RIMM monitor this board? i am ready to ditch this phone after being a loyal RIMM user for the last 5+ years. i love the look and feel of the phone but this issue is a deal breaker.

all hands SOS???
    05-05-09 03:46 AM
    Call Verizon customer service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD