This is driving me crazy now. When I launch Garmin, and use it to navigate, I get no sound/voice at all from the APP. I tried the loud setting, spoke to Garmin who had me reload their software, and even just update my OS ot the leaked one. Still no sound. Volume is all the way at 100% in the app already. Any ideas?
    12-19-08 02:40 PM
    Anyone know of a small app I can install to verify that my phone will use sound through an application.
    12-19-08 02:59 PM
    I don't know if you have checked this or not but after I updated to the new OS, I wasn't getting sound anymore either. So I went into settings and checked the volume. It was at zero... after I changed it I am now getting sound from Garmin.
    12-19-08 03:14 PM
    I am assuming you are talking about the sound level in the Garmin app. I have that on 100. I also have my ringtone on loud. I even tried a headset and cannot get a peep out of it. Garmin said they tried all they can.....
    12-19-08 03:17 PM
    Anyone think that Weatherbug being loaded might have anything to do with this problem?
    12-19-08 03:42 PM
    I'm sure you did... but have you pulled your battery...?
    12-19-08 03:49 PM
    I don't have the Garmin Mobile but I have a Garmin Nuvi 660. The 660 has several voices to choose from, some of which do not 'speak'. Since you spoke to Garmin, I'm assuming they would tell you to use a TTS voice if the Mobile has a choice of more than one voice but I thought I'd mention this in case they didn't.
    12-19-08 03:52 PM
    Did a battery pull, upgraded my OS, reinstalled Garmin, and still no sound at all. Also, there is no option to select a voice. I am at a loss here. Garmin said they will refund me, and deavctivate me, but I really like the software. Definitely is a major problem though! Only other APP I have in "Downloads" is Weatherbug.
    12-19-08 04:01 PM
    Man this happened to me. The sound started coming out of the phone speaker instead of the main speaker. So the sound is really quiet. No idea why it happened or how to fix it.

Edit: Just checked it a few days later and it was back to normal. Guess a reboot or something along the way fixed it.
    12-19-08 04:03 PM
    I never heard any sound from Garmin on mine. Not from the phone speaker, or even when I tried the headphones. Nothing at all. I wonder if Weatherbug can be hogging up the sound for alerts or something since it always seems to be running?
    12-19-08 04:10 PM
    I had this problem after downloading the free trial.

It turned out to be an issue with the application permissions. Go to options->advanced options->applications and select the garmin mobile app. Hit menu and edit application permissions.

Open up interactions. The setting for Media needs to be Allow.

I hope that helps.
    01-17-09 09:59 AM
    This is driving me crazy now. When I launch Garmin, and use it to navigate, I get no sound/voice at all from the APP. I tried the loud setting, spoke to Garmin who had me reload their software, and even just update my OS ot the leaked one. Still no sound. Volume is all the way at 100% in the app already. Any ideas?
    this is a known issue with the update 0.75 and .76. Apparently RIM had screwed up again with the OS update. No sound from 3rd party apps. If you plugin the headset then you can hear the sound. When i asked RIM support about the built in apps they said they use internal private sound API that is why they work and 3rd party apps dont.

You will have to wait for an OS update. Lets hope they will fix this soon. NO wonder RIM is releasing so many updates.
    01-17-09 11:27 AM
    I'm on 4.7.0.75 and got it to work just fine by fixing the permissions. I think you're going overboard by claiming that an OS update is needed to fix the issue.
    01-17-09 10:10 PM
    I'm on 4.7.0.75 and got it to work just fine by fixing the permissions. I think you're going overboard by claiming that an OS update is needed to fix the issue.
    trust me. RIM has confirmed this is a bug.
    01-17-09 11:39 PM
    Must have fixed it in 0.76. I didn't have this problem during the trial period.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 11:53 PM
    I thought that the Garmin site specified that the trial wouldn't work with Verizon customers. You got it to work?
    01-18-09 11:10 PM
    Garmin works flawlessly for me.
    Running .75. Bypassed the Trial and downloaded the full app. Been using for several weeks with excellent results. As good or better than a stand-alone nuvi.
    01-19-09 01:12 AM
    I have a new Bold and tried the trial of the Garmin Software. All the audio came out of the speaker that would be close to your ear when using the phone.

I called Garmin Tech support and they claimed they never heard of this my phone must be defective. I searched Google and found this thread.

I did the Go to options->advanced options->applications and select the garmin mobile app. Hit menu and edit application permissions.Open up interactions. The setting for Media needs to be Allow. And it fixed the issue.

I called Garmin back to give them feedback. Garmin told me they had no way of giving the software group feedback. Its sad when companies get to big.

SeanH
    01-29-09 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD