08-31-10 05:52 PM
94 1234
tools
    That's pretty interesting... I hope the device is pretty amazing and has decent hardware. I think a touchscreen without SurePress would be great... Similar to the Torch but without the keyboard. I personally wouldn't use a keyboard anyways and like typing on the screen (the noise is what really bothers me).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I AGREE COMPLETELY IN REGARDS TO THE NOISE. I started a thread the other day about the noise and people here went nuts on me about it.

The click is too loud. I feel like an *** if i'm in a meeting and have to send/respond an email. While originally, I thought the screen click was a great idea, i'm just not that into it. after playing around with my new iPod Touch, I have no problem typing without the screen clicking, and typing without the noise is perfect.

I am one that CANNOT WAIT until the storm 3 comes out (if this thread is correct). I will be all over that when my upgrade is available.
    08-25-10 09:50 AM
    I AGREE COMPLETELY IN REGARDS TO THE NOISE. I started a thread the other day about the noise and people here went nuts on me about it.

The click is too loud. I feel like an *** if i'm in a meeting and have to send/respond an email. While originally, I thought the screen click was a great idea, i'm just not that into it. after playing around with my new iPod Touch, I have no problem typing without the screen clicking, and typing without the noise is perfect.

I am one that CANNOT WAIT until the storm 3 comes out (if this thread is correct). I will be all over that when my upgrade is available.
    Noise? You call that noise? Perhaps you'd like to look up the definition for this word...

Anyway that's just your opinion. I love the click, even the subtle click sounds on mine. I don't know if it's because mine's a refurbished set and that it's pretty sensitive and soft, nothing like what I heard from Salomondrin's videos.
    08-25-10 10:42 AM
    verrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyy dissapointed...hope there will be a genius in rim that can figure this out
    Last edited by dandi013; 08-25-10 at 12:10 PM.
    08-25-10 11:38 AM
    I like hearing what rumors are about, from RIM employees or not. I don't know why some of you have to be total d icks about it, and attack people as stupid or lying. Grow up and realize being on the Internet is not a license to be a j erk. Many rumors on here turn out to be true, and punishing people for posting them provides no gains.

It won't surprise me if SurePress goes away at all. We may love it, but the market does not recognize it as a benefit. Most people I know think it is a gimmick that is not useful. I love the thought of thinner, lighter and bigger screen. I would give up SurePress in a second for those. SureType is another issue that I think is a killer feature. However, most people don't recognize or use it either!
    08-25-10 01:59 PM
    Maybe we will get a lte storm that kicks ***....
    08-25-10 02:01 PM
    Dear RIM, while there are some haters with SurePress, I think the people that have kept the Storm line afloat probably want it on the S3... With LTE, a big high res screen, 1GB+ of app mem, and a decent processor.... at least that's my opinion
    08-25-10 02:48 PM
    Dear RIM, while there are some haters with SurePress, I think the people that have kept the Storm line afloat probably want it on the S3... With LTE, a big high res screen, 1GB+ of app mem, and a decent processor.... at least that's my opinion
    I agree with all of that. I don't really understand why so many s1 and s2 owners complain about surepress. Why would you buy the phone if you didn't like it?
    08-25-10 02:51 PM
    Storm 3 vs Storm Refresh vs ???

I've read rumors of a Storm refresh that is basically a S2 with an upgraded camera, more memory and comes with OS6 and due out in the next few months. BUT I've also heard this described as Storm3.

Then I've read rumors of a storm 3 which is due Jan or later which has a 1ghz cpu, some other non-OS6 OS, etc...

So which is really the "storm 3"?

Is it possible the "refresh" will have surepress, and the 1ghz non-OS6 device will not?
    08-25-10 03:29 PM
    Who knows. We are all hanging onto to fragments of official info and loads of rumors.
    08-25-10 04:14 PM
    What don't you users like about Surepress? I like the feel- does it not keep up with your typing speed etc.?
    08-25-10 04:41 PM
    I'm pretty sure that they are going to SCRAP the refresh idea, and just do a whole new handset (Storm 3) in January.
    08-25-10 04:45 PM
    Yes
    10char
    08-25-10 05:03 PM
    I'm pretty sure that they are going to SCRAP the refresh idea, and just do a whole new handset (Storm 3) in January.
    Pretty sure? Based on what?
    08-25-10 05:04 PM
    I hope you are correct. But where did you get this information?
    08-25-10 05:06 PM
    I would be really upset if RIM drops surepress.
    By far the best feature on my S2!
    ^^^ This. ^^^

RIM, if you're reading this, SurePress is what distinguished the Storm2 on the market, and why I got the phone and wanted the phone. I was disappointed that the Storm2 wouldn't be getting BlackBerry 6, but it would be a dealbreaker for future touch-screen purchases of mine if you dropped the SurePress.
    08-25-10 05:43 PM
    Pretty sure? Based on what?
    I hope you are correct. But where did you get this information?
    Oh, nothing concrete, just what seems to make sense. I have no insider information. I do believe Storm 3 is right around the corner. Why would RIM do a Storm 2.5, and then a Storm 3 right after? Storm 2.5 would be the same ancient technology, except for beefed up RAM, and that is all. Would not be a good seller in my opinion.
    08-25-10 05:47 PM
    Ok, here's how it really went down...

Laserx's son- "Hey, my dad would really like to get some info on the new Storm"
    Friend - "How do I know he won't just go and blab everything to Crackberry?"
    Laserx's son - "You can test him. Tell him Surepress is dead, and if he doesn't spill his guts to the forum, you can tell him the truth next week."

Hey Laserx, you failed. You're son's friend ain't gonna tell you isht anymore
    08-25-10 07:37 PM
    Looks like once my storm 2 dies, I'm picking up a droid... What drew me to the storm was the surepress screen as well as messaging capabilities, but once RIM gets rid of surepress, they are just inferior to android for my purposes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 07:53 PM
    I've been a BB fan for years now, had older BBs, the S1 and S2. Honestly, the constant wondering and fighting through this problem or that has worn me down. The surepress thing isn't that big of a deal to me, but the continued problems with Outlook synching in DM6 is a huge disappointment.

The new Windows phone is looking very attractive to me. It may not solve all my issues with BBs, but at least it will be a new fight.
    08-25-10 08:07 PM
    I hope it does because I feel surepress sets the storm series apart from other touchscreen smartphones...
    It sets it apart in a way most people don't find appealing. Let's face it, there's a reason that with every manufacturer on the planet making touch screens, no one has developed anything similar.
    08-25-10 08:51 PM
    ...there's a reason that with every manufacturer on the planet making touch screens, no one has developed anything similar.
    Yeah there's a reason... it's called a patent.
    08-25-10 10:34 PM
    Surepress rocks!
    Mark this post. The storm 3 will have surepress.
    If not, I'll wager a bottle of Canadian Whiskey.
    08-25-10 10:37 PM
    I haven't seen a shred of evidence surepress is going away. Every indication is that it is their baby. The 9800 had it disabled because it would not make sense to squeeze a hardware keyboard with a surepress screen. The thing would be a brick.
    08-25-10 10:54 PM
    Sadly, I don't drink. But I want the S3 to have the SurePress as well so no issue.
    08-25-10 10:57 PM
    Ok, here's how it really went down...

Laserx's son- "Hey, my dad would really like to get some info on the new Storm"
    Friend - "How do I know he won't just go and blab everything to Crackberry?"
    Laserx's son - "You can test him. Tell him Surepress is dead, and if he doesn't spill his guts to the forum, you can tell him the truth next week."

Hey Laserx, you failed. You're son's friend ain't gonna tell you isht anymore
    Bwahahaa!
    08-25-10 10:58 PM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD