Just a quick note to let you guy know that I've downloaded the brand new Blackberry theme studio 5 ( the replacement for old Plazmic theme builder 4.7 ) this morning and play around with it for a while. I create a new custom theme from scratch ( its still very crappy theme as I just want to know if it fixes anything or not so I dont waste too much time for it )

The result after running the new theme created from BB studio 5 on my Storm with 5.0.328 are :

No more screen dimming whatsoever on landcape mode, right after pulling battery and up, no apply any trick at all.

No more annoying white bar from both side, change couple of wallpapers and everything is fine.

Yes the Media Center comes back like the previous 4.xx builds which includes video recorder, camera, music voice note recorder etc in one place.

Please note that there are some more new features built-in on Blackberry Studio theme builder, like slide/ wipe/ fade from let to right, up to down and vice vesa etc... when changing from home screen to app list and/or changing from menu this and that to another screen. I aplly some of them to my new custom theme and these features play really well, something like candy for the eyes ... There're some more new stuffs in this theme builder but I dont have time to take a look at it deeply.

So, I guess those bugs we've got so far when upgrading to 5.xx are all come from the incompatibility from the custom themes which have been built from Plazmic theme builder 4.xx before. We just need to give theme buiders sometime to upgrade their themes, its just a matter of time...

I start to love my Storm 1 again
    11-11-09 09:05 AM
    Yeah, we know this... check the Themes Forum.
    11-11-09 09:07 AM
    Yeah, we know this... check the Themes Forum.
    Thank you for taking the time to post that. OP I completely agree! It looks like most of the problems were from the horrible Plazmic software. Big upgrade!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 12:20 PM
    thanks for posting this. fyi, I have never had a custom theme on my Storm 1 and still have the dimming issue.
    11-11-09 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD