I can't seem to find BB messenger on my phone at all. i've only had the phone a few months and never cared to try it out, but now i want to play and can't find it. I went to blackberry.com/messenger via my computer an it said usb update isn't available...so then i tried it from my bb itself and it says I do not have the proper requirements? i'm running a .141 hybrid if that helps.
    05-25-09 07:50 PM
    Did u delete it off ur phone originally? If not it should be in the instant messaging folder. Try selecting show all in the bb menu if u don`t see it there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 07:53 PM
    I had a guy call in with the same issue. He had a 8900 w/T-Mo. no BB msger anywhere. My advice? Try re-loading the OS.
    05-25-09 07:56 PM
    no show all option with the bb key. i might have deleted it lol, i don't know i played around a lot when i first got it.
    05-25-09 07:56 PM
    come to think of it, i might have erased it when i used a hybrid OS. i'm gonna try an upgrade to .148 right now an see what happens
    05-25-09 07:58 PM
    Use the Apploader and make sure the box is clicked. You probably didn't have it checked with you installed the other OS.
    05-25-09 08:23 PM
    yea this happened to me and the only thing i could do was reload a new os
    05-25-09 08:37 PM
    Use the Apploader and make sure the box is clicked. You probably didn't have it checked with you installed the other OS.
    that was it!
    05-25-09 08:42 PM
    that was it!
    Most of the time, that's the thing that gets people. They always forget to click something then freak out later. But glad I can help.
    05-25-09 09:28 PM
    there is a way to get the messenger back on its own without need of reloading the os. you open upp app loader not the desktop manager you do this by opening your C: then you go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader you open up loader then the application loader wizard pops up click next then make sure where it says connection it says usb-pin: pin number or unkown doesnt really matter hit next then after that a list should pop up check blackberry messenger and hit next note if its not listed in the list hit add up top then go to the destination C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files then the folder with the most resent os you have then there should be an .alx folder in there that is BlackBerry.alx add that and then that should pop up in the list then select it then next next then finish. the steps for a 64 bit are the same just note to go into the x86 program files. hope this helped
    05-25-09 11:14 PM
    OR
    from what I've learned so far, troubleshooting ppl that have already Installed BB messenger
    but they didn't get the Icon after a clean flash or Upgrade

Insert a new Pin contact @ your addressbook
    As soon as you send one pin message/Instant message to a pin contact
    the Icon (If you have/you are sure you have Installed BB messenger) will show up!

No worries It happens In 90% of the cases
    Last edited by sugardad; 05-26-09 at 07:25 AM.
    05-26-09 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD