On my second storm, both running .75. The last one I turned in for this problem and they gave me a new storm. Ran that one for three weeks without issue, now all of a sudden, the LED won't light up for SMS/MMS, but will for every other notification (mail, BBM, missed calls, calendar events). I have done two SoftResets, and pulled the battery/SIM card out, but nothing.

Mails show the LED, SMS/MMS do not. I have verified all settings are showing LED On for SMS/MMS, and have even tried turning off, saving, turning back on and saving, and nada. Resent service books, too.

Anyone else have this issue? I replied to another thread asking the same question, but wanted to dedicate a post to this specific issue. I would take it back and exchange, but it appears that it might be a .75 thing since it's happened to multiple storms. Not only that, but I just crossed my 30 days...

EDIT: Now I notice that it will light up for SMS/MMS when I have it in a custom ring mode. After switching back to normal sounds, it does not work again. Strange...
    Last edited by Todd M; 02-08-09 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Update
    02-08-09 10:32 PM
    Yeah, a lot of people are having to switch to the customer profile thing to fix sounds, led, etc. I really wish they would fix this **** and make people happy again.
    02-08-09 10:53 PM
    Yeah, a lot of people are having to switch to the customer profile thing to fix sounds, led, etc. I really wish they would fix this **** and make people happy again.
    OK, so it isn't just me? That's good, but that's bad. It's weird that it just started doing it, and it will now only work under custom mode. Is that just a .75 thing, or is this a bug of all leaked OS's as well?
    02-08-09 11:02 PM
    My phone did this after I uninstalled the demo of bb alerts. I ended up backing it up using the desktop manager then wiping the device then re loading the backup. It has worked fine so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 11:33 PM
    OK, so it isn't just me? That's good, but that's bad. It's weird that it just started doing it, and it will now only work under custom mode. Is that just a .75 thing, or is this a bug of all leaked OS's as well?
    I think I heard it was just a .75 OS thing. It's not a bug on all leaked OS. If you want you can try out the new hybrid .101 OS I believe it is.
    02-08-09 11:36 PM
    try going into your Clock and turning it off bedside mode. That turns on all the lights for me
    02-08-09 11:46 PM
    Thanks for all of the suggestions! This is, as always, a great place for help on all things Black(Crack)Berry!

I have made sure bedside mode was not activated prior to posting, and have never had BB Alerts on the phone(s). I guess I will have to either finally take the leaked OS plunge, or wait until the next official one gets put out. Not sure about wiping it and reloading yet because everything else works fine except for just the SMS/MMS notification.
    02-09-09 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD