Recently I updated my OS to .148 and ever since i have been having internet/browser isssues, I get the capital EDGE and can get email and use all my features until I click the browser button and then it goes to lower case edge and all my data stops working, in order to get the capital EDGE back I have to do a battery pull, any advice. Oh and I'm on tmobile, data was working fine until OS update.
    05-26-09 10:45 AM
    Try disableing the APN settings (leave them blank). Also I have that issue only when I try to goto the T-Mobile web page.
    05-26-09 11:32 AM
    thanks, I will try that, I really like my storm and want to keep it...

**update...still not working, so for now Im just not using my browser.
    Last edited by james.crump; 05-26-09 at 12:15 PM.
    05-26-09 11:48 AM
    i am having similiar problem. Since upgrading to .148 no internet
    05-26-09 01:33 PM
    I am on .148 and use T-Mobile with no problems? I would recommend checking all of your network settings as I have two different unlocked Storms on T-Mobile and both work fine. It sounds like something is misconfigured?

I have had issues in the past where my service book got over written so you might check there? If you are on BES, you will need to remove the IT policy, then re-import your generic T-Mobile service book and reactivate. If you are on BIS, you should be able to update the service book with no special procedure so give it a try and see what happens.

The way I could tell something was wrong was by the number of entries in the service book, the generic one should have 17 entries so if it is different, try re-installing it.

Good Luck,
    Last edited by lvumlow; 05-26-09 at 02:28 PM.
    05-26-09 02:25 PM
    You will always have these problems cause the radio codes are messed up for us tmobile/storm users. Try a hybrid like 148/.90. Will be a bit unstable like some freezes and reboots but at least u will have latest features plus u will be able to use ur other apps like pandora

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 02:35 PM
    ok i got it to work with the .148 OS platform

I basically just re-did the entire transfer of the service books, to get all the features working. Then under APN i used: epc.tmobile.com (no usn/pswrd)

After about a half hour it worked fine. it is intermittent thought. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not. The 3rd party applications do not seem to be working properly however...

Does Tmobile have new service books we can get to possibly allow the phone to get on their 3g network?
    05-26-09 04:02 PM
    still no luck, the crazy thing is when i turn my mobile connections off and then back on i get the capital EDGE but when I try to do anything in the blackberry browser my data stops working until I turn it off and on...I think I'm going to downgrade to a diff operating system and see what happens.
    05-26-09 04:16 PM
    The T-Mobile 3G uses a different Frequency, which is not available to the Storm Radio. Not possible...
    05-26-09 04:18 PM
    "... (PLEASE READ FIRST)"

before what? freezing it? Eating it?
    05-26-09 06:06 PM
    i have no internet on my unlocked blackberry storm. how do i get on there and i use it for at&t
    05-26-09 06:38 PM
    There are some applications that seem to cause the edge/EDGE transitions... I had this problem when trying to use Shazam, Slacker, etc... the fix for me was to delete the Desktop [IPPP] from the service book section under 'advanced settings'. I am using BES so I do not know how this will impact BIS users?'

It will eventually come back so you will have to delete it when it does but it appears to work for awhile and I am not sure how important the file is but it fixes it for me. Anytime I notice connection problems, I check and sure enough, if you delete that file everything works fine?
    05-26-09 06:45 PM
    Not sure how the guy above has his 2 devices working on 148 but I know that this will resolve your problem.

Install the .90 radio file OR Downgrade your OS to .75.

Any other setup will result in intermittent data on Tmobile.

Good luck.

MP
    05-26-09 08:03 PM
    ALL TMOBILE USERS Get radio .90
    I had the same issue
    I installed radio .90 and i stay with EDGE 24/7 NOW
    I havent aught a single time since switching where i had edge
    only EDGE with data!!!
    05-27-09 06:42 AM
    ALL TMOBILE USERS Get radio .90
    I had the same issue
    I installed radio .90 and i stay with EDGE 24/7 NOW
    I havent aught a single time since switching where i had edge
    only EDGE with data!!!
    Ok great, next question, where do i get radio .90 Im still new to tweaking Blackberry's any suggestions...
    05-27-09 08:27 AM
    Download lyricidal's SWAP-A-RADIO app

Hit the browse button and tell it where your .148 or whatever your using is installed
    Then select radio .90
    It will look like its doing nothing
    Just wait for the pop up
    Once finished, run Loader.exe
    It will ask if you want to downgrade
    Select the bottom check box and let it install
    Beware VSOD (verizon screen of death)
    Its just a VZW logo that doesnt go away
    You have to remove ya mem card and do 4 batt pulls in a row form what I read.
    I personally went with lyricidal's hybrid .148/5.0 with radio .90

I HAVE NOT LOST EDGE YET
    i flashed friday night
    And its what Wed Morning now
    05-27-09 09:04 AM
    Download lyricidal's SWAP-A-RADIO app

Hit the browse button and tell it where your .148 or whatever your using is installed
    Then select radio .90
    It will look like its doing nothing
    Just wait for the pop up
    Once finished, run Loader.exe
    It will ask if you want to downgrade
    Select the bottom check box and let it install
    Beware VSOD (verizon screen of death)
    Its just a VZW logo that doesnt go away
    You have to remove ya mem card and do 4 batt pulls in a row form what I read.
    I personally went with lyricidal's hybrid .148/5.0 with radio .90

I HAVE NOT LOST EDGE YET
    i flashed friday night
    And its what Wed Morning now
    Apparently I cant post links cuz I have been a long time lurker and non poster
    DOH!!
    Can someone paste him the links for lyricidal's site
    dub dub dub dot theiexplorers.com/bb/
    05-27-09 09:05 AM
    I wanna say that the original .148 might be better. Im not sure though.
    I swear my keyboard worked better and i didnt make as many mistakes on original .148

Was the keyboard bigger ??
    05-27-09 09:15 AM
    Hi,

I am on 132 so I do not know if this applies to 148, I plan on trying this coming weekend. But I have HAD the same problem with EDGE since I moved from .75. It seems the radio files above .90 cannot hand a TCP connection on an EDGE network. They CAN handle BIS or BES, just not TCP. I WAS using the.90 radio file up to release .132, but when I hit .132 my crashes increased exponentially.

You can use a .132 radio file AS LONG as you follow what I layed out in the two referenced posts. Your EDGE connection will stay constant. I have strong feeling this will be the same with .148. I really do not want to go back to .90. .90 is not JUST the radio, but the platform and it does many other functions which really always made my Storm unreliable. On .132 radio my Storm is what I always thought it should be and it keeps its EDGE, as long as I do not try a TCP connection. I am hoping that .148 will be even better.

So read the two posts and give it a try. It will limit what apps you can use, but I personally use:
    Email - all accounts and PINing. I even sent and received a 2MB file.
    Text messaging
    BB Browser and BOLT brower
    Viigo
    Facebook
    podtrapper
    Poynt
    Vlingo
    WeatherBug
    WeatherEyeTouch
    Shazam
    Google Maps
    BlackBerry Maps
    Storm Forums app
    App World

Without any issues at all.

forums.crackberry.com/f132/122-edge-edge-206827/index3.html#post2351178

forums.crackberry.com/f132/stormers-using-edge-gprs-only-162197/index16.html#post2367961

I have been running like this for weeks now. I think I have lost my EDGE connection once in that time. And I was able to recover in minutes by just stopping the network and starting it again. That is one loss in like 4 weeks.
    Last edited by starwatcher; 05-27-09 at 09:35 AM.
    05-27-09 09:26 AM
    Ok great, next question, where do i get radio .90 Im still new to tweaking Blackberry's any suggestions...
    The easies way would be to use the above mentioned Swap-a-Radio Tool. I personally used it and it worked but after a few minutes my phone was bricked, I was able to get back to work but lost all my apps...not a big deal but a time waster...

or you can do it manually after you install OS .90 go to

C: Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > Shared > Loader Files > .90 os folder > CDMA
    that file in there is your .90 radio file.
    05-27-09 09:41 AM
    I"m currently using the .148/5.0 hybrid with the .90 radio...does anyone use quickpull? and if so...what OS are you running...of course i'm a tmo user with a storm
    05-27-09 09:51 AM
    I"m currently using the .148/5.0 hybrid with the .90 radio...does anyone use quickpull? and if so...what OS are you running...of course i'm a tmo user with a storm
    I just installed Quickpull
    And guess what
    NOW i have no EDGE
    What gives
    I was good installing apps all kinds off stuff
    Quickpull memory cleaning did something
    I just dont know what
    05-27-09 09:54 AM
    any luck with quick pull?
    05-27-09 10:39 AM
    i just did what starwatcher above recommended. I am running a full .148 OS and i am CONSTANTLY on EDGE.

As the above posts recommend, i removed the APN settings. Did a Batt Pull, then manually configured programs to use BIS if applicable.

Apps working:

YouMail VM
    Opera Mini
    Google Maps
    Facebook

Problems with:

Market Filters - (Anyone have a better Stock Market Watching Program) since it forces APN it wont work

Give this setup a try. Try and do it from the beginning.

And Re-Setup the phone for Tmobile using CrackUtil, and the Service Books,

and then have no APN settings, forcing BIS
    05-27-09 10:43 AM
    anyone have quick pull working?
    05-27-09 10:48 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD