hey i just got a storm 2 9550 ... unlocked.. originally verizon.. m unable to bet teh browser working it gives me the error msg " this is a wifi service.. blah blah.. "
    plus i have no idea what settings i have to do .. it shows edge.. but i dunno how to work it..

using it in india.. have vodafone as well as an airtel sim.... dont mind using either if someone can help me wit the settings....
    01-04-10 02:30 PM
    Options/advanced Options/brower and toggle the browers setting. Your welcome.
    01-04-10 03:19 PM
    it isnt showin dude... only option is hotspot
    01-04-10 03:34 PM
    you have to register the device with RIM....call your cell provider and they will help you do this stuff
    01-04-10 03:45 PM
    Hi I'm having same problem. I have the 9550 from verizon US locked, I got an unlock code online and I'm currently staying in Bangkok so I can use AIS network which I had been running a T-mobile uk 8800 unlocked flawlessly. So I get my 9550 unlocked but had to mess around with the Activation required so now it says TH GSM with full signal and edge, can also call, receive calls and sms. But no internet!! The sim Im using has a data plan 250bht for 50 hours on edge. Do I need to contact verizon US to fix this even though I'm not in US and I bought the phone from someone in the US and not direct from Verizon retailer, Would updating my OS help using BB software rather than verizon OS?
    cheers
    Smack
    02-04-10 04:24 PM
    I have a 9550 from verizon unlocked. I have simple mobile sim card working on edge network. I do not recieve any mms and when my opera mini works w/o wifi it so slow? Help please
    04-25-10 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD