I was listening to music today while mowing the lawn. When I finished I paused it and completed a few activities before looking at the phone again a few minutes later. It was dead. I figured I had turned it off in my pocket, so I hit the power button and nothing happened. I did a battery pull and this time the red light came on, then the lights behind the screen and buttons, but the screen remained black. I have not been able to get my phone to turn on and boot up despite charging it for several areas. I've been able to get the solid red after battery pulls and, at varying times, a quick flashing red (quicker than a message indicator) and a solid green light that stays on while charging. I have no idea what's wrong. Maybe a battery issue? A dead phone issue?

Anybody have any idea or experienced anything like this? I've already tried several battery pulls and I'm leaving it on the charger to see what happens.

If the phone is dead, where does BB save memos. I have some important notes for a project that I really really really don't want to lose. Do these get backed up on Pocket Mac? Are they saved on the data card?
    06-29-10 03:38 AM
    BlackBerry Storm: Turn on Safe Mode

This worked for me in the past when I had this issue. You may have to hold the esc key for a long time so just keep that in mind. Good luck,
    06-29-10 07:43 AM
    Thank you for your suggestion but no luck. It's like the phone is working and on, but the screen is just black.
    06-29-10 12:24 PM
    I just went thru an issue where the red light was on but it would not boot up(even plugged in). A new battery fixed the problem.
    06-29-10 01:17 PM
    Thank you for your suggestion but no luck. It's like the phone is working and on, but the screen is just black.
    So if you call yourself the phone rings?
    06-29-10 01:34 PM
    Well that was sort of a problem because I had the phone on silent. After some tinkering, though, yes, I can call my self and use voicedial. So the phone is still functional, but the screen is black. It is illuminated, but does not come on. I'm guessing I'll have to get a new one.
    06-29-10 04:04 PM
    It sounds like a hardware issue, but have you tried re-loading the OS? If that does nothing then I assume it would be a replacement.
    06-29-10 04:18 PM
    How do I do that without seeing the screen? I have a Mac.
    06-29-10 05:30 PM
    I don't have a Mac but think there is a thread on that on here someplace. You should be able to do it if you can get desktop manager to work. Or borrow a PC. It won't be the answer if the screen is dead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD