Hi guys. I spent three hours on this site looking for a solution and four hours (two days straight) on the phone with Tmobile AND Verizon. I have an account w/Tmobile and purchased an unlocked Strom 9550. My calls and SMS are working, but no data, MMS, etc. Tmobile sent my service books and updated w/the new PIN and phone, but no success. Verizon verified that the pin/IMEI number is legit (not stolen/lost). However, still no data! and stuck on edge. Tmobile even contacted RIM, who was unable to help and recommended that I give it a few days...???

I checked the thread on how to set up tmobile w/this device, but its not working with either technique. I had a storm 9530 before upgrading and it worked perfectly! But now, I can't even update the device on the Tmobile BIS website because when I enter the PIN and IMEI, it says "the information you have provided is not valid for this service provider." Not the case when I did this with the storm 1. Also, my hosting routing table has been registered multiple times and it is still empty. Please help!!!!!!!! And I'm sorry if this has been resolved before, I tried but couldn't locate any threads specific to this problem. TIA!

P.S. Running 5.0.0.607
    Last edited by blackpearl81; 06-02-10 at 11:29 AM. Reason: added OS
    06-02-10 11:27 AM
    I would first try wiping the phone completely and retrying loading the service books manually. Don't forget, if you restore a backup after that, you are just restoring your data issue.

Keep trying on TMO's site to login. Or do it from your browser, the site should just recognize your phone and ask to transfer everything. No worrying about accepting the PIN and IMEI.
    06-02-10 11:54 AM
    I tried that....nothing is working....so annoyed
    06-02-10 02:39 PM
    so do you get EDGE or edge?

Edit: I see you said edge, now. Sorry.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 06-02-10 at 03:02 PM.
    06-02-10 02:59 PM
    Have you set your APN settings to TMobile?
    06-02-10 03:06 PM
    Still on edge....it has not been on EDGE at all....and I set the wap services, but I just got off of the phone w/Tmobile and they said that it might take a while for the PIN to register...??...does that make sense? idk so confused
    06-02-10 03:07 PM
    Okay, I got the internet to work, but not email and still no EDGE. Went to Tmobile site and tried to send the service books, but a message stated that "unable to send service books. Try again later." Then I tried doing it on the handheld and it would go through either....
    06-03-10 10:13 AM
    Just so you know, I live in Phoenix and my brother and son, both with unlocked Storms are BOTH having this issue and it happened around the same time.
    06-03-10 03:39 PM
    So I wonder if its a Tmobile problem...
    06-03-10 11:58 PM
    I am having the exact same problem!
    06-04-10 07:50 AM
    There are a few of these threads floating around here right now. I'm wondering if the problem is with T-mobile.
    06-04-10 08:04 AM
    i'm having the same problem with the storm 9530, and not just me but my wife, my brother and a cousin are also having the same problems. it started on friday 5/28/10 i contacted tmobile and spent 4hrs on the phone tryingto fix the problem, they also contacted RIM and they said that the phone had no problems that it was TMO data issues. and at the end they couldnt do anything, they told me that they couldnt guarantee data service on a phone that isnt TMO that i would have to change would to a TMO cell.
    Last edited by chaira; 06-04-10 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    06-04-10 12:54 PM
    I've probably spent a total of 6 hours trying to get answers from T-Mobile and RIM, where both parties say it's the others fault. Checked all my setting with T-Mobile, apparently I'm registered correctly in their network and got a brand new SIM Card, and re-loaded a "supported" OS. Spoke to RIM, they said they can't send me any Host Routing Tables without an EDGE connection, your phone is fine... Talk to your carrier...grr. Spoke to T-Mobile again and apparently they are "working on issues with Data connectivity".
    06-04-10 01:25 PM
    Hey everyone. I found this!

No Email On BlackBerry May Mean A Rim Outage

Another Nationwide Outage For The Blackberry

If they don't fix this soon, HTC EVO here I come!
    06-05-10 01:11 AM
    Hey everyone. I found this!

No Email On BlackBerry May Mean A Rim Outage

Another Nationwide Outage For The Blackberry

If they don't fix this soon, HTC EVO here I come!
    Come on, bro...really??

"Edited & published by Simon Hill (42,118 pts ) on Dec 4, 2008"

"Written by Alex Williams / March 8, 2010 4:00 PM"

Please don't hesitate to leave BlackBerry for the EVO. You two are meant for each other.
    06-05-10 03:20 AM
    Come on, bro...really??

"Edited & published by Simon Hill (42,118 pts ) on Dec 4, 2008"

"Written by Alex Williams / March 8, 2010 4:00 PM"

Please don't hesitate to leave BlackBerry for the EVO. You two are meant for each other.
    The post was meant to get an idea of what may be going with the network. Me and several other people on the forum are just trying to figure out whats going on and come up with a solution. Didn't mean to offend you 312 Diva! 312 Diva, You Go Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-05-10 09:56 AM
    Just an FYI- you have given yourself the image of a complete internet geek fool. I bet you live on the North Side, maybe in Lakeview, don't ya? (More likely boys town, actually) You probably ride one of those fixed gear POS bikes too. LOL Ahh, you kids crack me up.

Anyway, spent a few hours on the phone with some RIM and T-Mobile techs. What OS is everyone using?
    06-06-10 05:02 PM
    i'm having the same problem with the storm 9530, and not just me but my wife, my brother and a cousin are also having the same problems. it started on friday 5/28/10 i contacted tmobile and spent 4hrs on the phone tryingto fix the problem, they also contacted RIM and they said that the phone had no problems that it was TMO data issues. and at the end they couldnt do anything, they told me that they couldnt guarantee data service on a phone that isnt TMO that i would have to change would to a TMO cell.
    sounds exactly word for word and same date as myself. I live in Phoneix also, don't think it is a blackbery outage issue because my blackberry flip works fine, I get EDGE on my flip, but can only get edge on my storm. Worked fine for 6 months and email stopped on friday the 28th. Let me know if you got yours figured out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 06:03 PM
    Mine did the same thing but it started two days ago and I have gone through the same thing with t-mobile and blackberry and getting a new sim card. I live in Los Angeles. I'm wondering if it is gradually moving or getting bigger. Also I have a Storm 2 and prior to that had a Storm 1 and never had this issue. I've tried about 4 different operating systems as well. This is really begining to be a big problem. I don't like any of t-mobile's blackberry's :-(
    06-07-10 10:49 PM
    Umm....interesting.
    My cousin called me two days ago, and ask me to help him with the BB9700. He was able to get EDGE and internet but could not setup his hotmail account. his gmail account worked just fine.
    He tried my 9550 to setup his hotmail account but it did not work for him. he tried a different 9700, but it did not work either. After hours with Tmo, he decided to give up and go back to iPhone, where everything worked just fine.
    06-07-10 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD