I upgraded to .103 a few days ago. I could have sworn I have typed a email on it that had "Adult" language in it. I'm not sure if its a OS thing? Is there a option I can check in the spell checker to turn this off? Everytime I tried to say the word 5h!t, it would correct to "hit. I'm not asking anyone to agree with my language, but I am curious on how to make the storm allow me to say what I want.
    02-26-09 12:18 AM
    If you do it in SureType there isn't much that you can do that I know of. But, if you type it in landscape you can add it to the dictionary and then you will be able to type it.
    02-26-09 12:29 AM
    Thank you.
    02-26-09 12:44 AM
    You can type foul language in the storm. In suretype you just sometimes have to go back and add the letters in one by one or add it in the custom dictionary through the options menu. It is capable. My storm says quite a few bad ones. LoL.

*EDIT* I text in suretype.
    02-26-09 03:08 AM
    Just add the offensive words to your dictionary as you type them. That's what I did. You should see mine... it reads like a George Carlin bit
    02-26-09 07:21 AM
    Its not just the storm. I have the pearl and I had to add them myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 07:33 AM
    Just add the offensive words to your dictionary as you type them. That's what I did. You should see mine... it reads like a George Carlin bit
    This is the best way. Just go back and click the word that you are trying to change. The letters should turn red. Then click the blackberry menu key/add to dictionary and you shouldn't have a problem anymore.
    02-26-09 08:32 AM
    I wish I could remember what word it was that was correcting itself to a swear word that it learned. Tsk tsk.
    02-26-09 08:40 AM
    add them to the dictionary and it will not auto correct them
    02-26-09 09:01 AM
    I've never had a cellphone that recgonized that type of language when using any form of predictive text. I've always had to add it to the dictionary.

Like everyone else said, just add the words to your dictionary.

Cheers!
    02-26-09 09:12 AM
    well **** F that then what the ***** is it for then?
    02-26-09 09:18 AM
    well **** F that then what the ***** is it for then?
    lol.... isn't it a bit early to be hitting the bottle?
    02-26-09 09:40 AM
    lol.... isn't it a bit early to be hitting the bottle?
    Hey it's always after 12PM SOMEWHERE in the world
    02-26-09 10:05 AM
    my custom dictionary is filled with dirty words if someone checked it out theyd be liek wow what an awful person this is
    02-26-09 10:32 AM
    I'm not harping on anyone in particular here, but I don't seem to have a problem conversing with people using non-adult/curse words. Not sure why it's necessary in typical conversation, especially when chatting via a text format.
    02-26-09 12:01 PM
    Hey it's always after 12PM SOMEWHERE in the world
    There is truth to that statement!

I've found myself popping the top as early as 10am when I'm on vacation. Ahhh I can't wait for summer time!!

I'm not harping on anyone in particular here, but I don't seem to have a problem conversing with people using non-adult/curse words. Not sure why it's necessary in typical conversation, especially when chatting via a text format.
    Well minigts, some of use lack the necessary vocabulary to get our point across any other way.

Seriously though, I guess because we can? I usually don't use the language unless I'm P-Off and at that time its just fitting with my angryness.

I can say it does help get the point across. Someone who is angry and said "Oh Fiddle Sticks" does not sound as pissed as someone who bleeps off a bunch of obscenities.
    02-26-09 01:08 PM
    I can say it does help get the point across. Someone who is angry and said "Oh Fiddle Sticks" does not sound as pissed as someone who bleeps off a bunch of obscenities.
    Um, I'm working diligently to bring Fiddle Sticks, Shucks, Dag Nabbit, etc. back into circulation.
    02-26-09 01:23 PM
    Um, I'm working diligently to bring Fiddle Sticks, Shucks, Dag Nabbit, etc. back into circulation.
    Lol, that's pretty awesome. I will join the revolution!
    02-26-09 05:50 PM
    heehee... i'm glad i'm not the only one cursing like a sailor on the storm...
    02-27-09 04:54 PM
    lol you should see my custom dictionary...its dirty
    03-23-09 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD