Maybe I'm missing something, but when I am typing a message and use Num Lock (or whatever it's called on the Storm), or using the Memo app, say to note some prices at WalMart, and use Num Lock, I see no decimal/period on that screen! Anyone know a tip to quickly insert one without going back to the alpha keyboard?
    12-07-08 11:42 AM
    REALLY annoying, I know.

I use Ascendo Money as my checkbook so, I'm constantly making entries in it when I use my Debit Card.

The Sure-Type (portrait) keyboard with NumLock on DOES have a decimal so, I use that when I need to enter the monetary amount.

I agree though....stupid not to include it on the landscape keyboard. It's not like all of the keys are occupied.
    12-07-08 05:47 PM
    Well you could double-click the spacebar (which enters a decimal point) but then you have to backspace to finish the monetary amount. When you are typing a sentence if you double click the spacebar it enters a period and a space to start a new one... this is the only way I can think of getting a decimal in num lock keyboard mode. Annoying I know.
    12-07-08 06:43 PM
    Thanks for the tip, Habious. I never use SureType mode, but it's easy enough to try that for numbers.
    12-08-08 04:22 AM
    I haven't noticed because I use suretype and qwerty pretty much only..

only time I see the multitap is when I unlock it to enter a password..
    12-08-08 04:31 AM
    The problem is in qwerty, when you switch to num lock. I never use portrait mode at all, either Sure Type or multi-tap, or rather, haven't been! Guess I will if I need to enter numbers with decimals.
    12-08-08 04:38 AM
    The problem is in qwerty, when you switch to num lock. I never use portrait mode at all, either Sure Type or multi-tap, or rather, haven't been! Guess I will if I need to enter numbers with decimals.
    Did you read my post??
    12-08-08 08:04 AM
    Did you read my post??
    Yes, and I truly appreciate your suggestion. It works fine. Having tried numbers on both the qwerty and the SureType keyboards, I think I like the SureType better, primarily because the numbers are larger and the decimal key is right before your eyes. Thanks for your input.
    12-08-08 08:39 AM
    Take this and email [email protected] with it.
    12-08-08 09:38 AM
    Yes, and I truly appreciate your suggestion. It works fine. Having tried numbers on both the qwerty and the SureType keyboards, I think I like the SureType better, primarily because the numbers are larger and the decimal key is right before your eyes. Thanks for your input.
    Agreed!!!!
    12-08-08 11:52 AM
    Take this and email [email protected] with it.
    Did it. And threw in a few others too.

Thanks for pointing me in that direction.
    12-08-08 03:59 PM
    Yes, '.' should be available somehow in the num-lock mode -- perhaps as an overlay on ','?
    12-08-08 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD