This problem started when I installed a hybrid, since then I have wiped the device and loaded .141 on, and I still cannot restore my apps. I cant install any of the apps that people have made alx and cod files for either, like the early version of weatherbug, shazam, vlingo, etc.

Im hardly a newbie, and am at a loss. Any help appreciated!
    05-13-09 09:26 PM
    Did you try it by running app loader by itself instead of through DM? I noticed that a few apps that I installed wouldn't reinstall from my backup on certain updates. But once I attempted to install the apps this way, they installed without a problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 11:16 PM
    Did you try it by running app loader by itself instead of through DM? I noticed that a few apps that I installed wouldn't reinstall from my backup on certain updates. But once I attempted to install the apps this way, they installed without a problem.

Yeah, ive tried that with no luck.
    05-13-09 11:22 PM
    It looks like my ALX file is corrupted. I opened it in notepad, and it only has about 4 programs. So now, how can I make an ALX file for all these?
    05-13-09 11:29 PM
    It looks like my ALX file is corrupted. I opened it in notepad, and it only has about 4 programs. So now, how can I make an ALX file for all these?
    I've seen this happen too with my 3rd party apps backup. I now do what you are about to do and make my own alx file for the apps that I have on my device. I now have one that contains all 32 apps on my device. If you know which java files are associated with which apps this is easy. If not then you might be better off just using the ota links for the apps to reinstall. The only parts of the file for each app that is important are the application id, name and the files associated with the app between the <file> and </file>. The rest can be left blank or filled in with nonsense.

Last edited by ArmaK; 05-13-09 at 11:55 PM.
    05-13-09 11:53 PM
    I've seen this happen too with my 3rd party apps backup. I now do what you are about to do and make my own alx file for the apps that I have on my device. I now have one that contains all 32 apps on my device. If you know which java files are associated with which apps this is easy. If not then you might be better off just using the ota links for the apps to reinstall. The only parts of the file for each app that is important are the application id, name and the files associated with the app between the <file> and </file>. The rest can be left blank or filled in with nonsense.

Thanks for the reply. Im trying to get vlingo 2.1 back on my phone, and creating the alx file isnt working for me. I still get the message. Here is the contents of the alx file.

<loader version="1.0"></application><application id="vlingo:vlingo"><name>vlingo</name><description></description><version>2.1.0</version><vendor>vlingo</vendor><copyright></copyright><fileset Java="1.0"><files>
    vlingoForBlackBerry_en
    </files></fileset></application></loader>

Do you see anything wrong?

EDIT: Got it to work, thanks!
    Last edited by ls1norcal; 05-14-09 at 12:42 AM.
    05-14-09 12:36 AM
    Glad to see that you got it to work.

05-14-09 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD